Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on November 03, 2015, 03:48:09 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:26:47 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 03, 2015, 03:18:29 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:04:43 PM
SHOCKING!!!!!
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 03, 2015, 03:04:36 PM
There seems to be a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes in relation to the appointment of our country manager. One particular individual is holding the whole process up as he doesn't agree with Ciaran Barr's nomination. It's all a bit sad really.

Quality of the proposed back room team that I would have more than an issue with, but that doesnt seem to matter much  ???
when the man that was appointed to apoint the new manager is getting under minded by a clown who God willing is hopefully on his way out, there's the issue right there.

That may be your issue with it, the quality of the 'proposed' back room team would be my biggest fear.
well who would you have liked to have been approached.   Maybe give Mc Manus the player manager roll. Seems to be working ok for him and the dall this year  ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2015, 05:48:12 PM
Didn't know he was still involved in hurling. Nice fella though.
I'd have known the brother better to be honest. Never had many run ins with Paul.  A very accomplished hurler in his day.  I'd have thought if he was willing to put his name forward and get involved he'd have been worth listening to.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2015, 05:42:33 PM
Is that the Cushendun, Rossa and now Gort na Mona Paul Graham?

Gort?

Seamroga in exile

Three other candidates have emerged for the Antrim job.

Jim Greene ( Waterford. Kevin Ryan's buddy  ::))

Matty Lennon from Armagh

And an ex Cork hurler.  ???

*edit

The cork hurler is Ger Manley.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Well Matty Lennon isn't going to get past the first phase.

Is getting boys from the bottom end of the country really the answer?!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 03, 2015, 08:12:49 PM

Matty Lennon from Armagh

its an absolute f**king joke the way this has been handled.  A man was approached and asked to take it. He said when club hurling was done for the year he'd be interested.  Now it's over and it's quite clear the little rat doesn't want to give him it now.  Love him or hate him from loughgiel or rival club. Pj O Mullan deserves his shot at this job, the way the county board and one individual is dealing with this is f**king laughable!!!!    Go and give it to some so called name and fire another 50K plus at him.it will come down to the blame game again when he flops.  This county needs an in house man that knows club hurling inside out to take the county forward. 

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 08:21:46 PM

Matty Lennon from Armagh

its an absolute f**king joke the way this has been handled.  A man was approached and asked to take it. He said when club hurling was done for the year he'd be interested.  Now it's over and it's quite clear the little rat doesn't want to give him it now.  Love him or hate him from loughgiel or rival club. Pj O Mullan deserves his shot at this job, the way the county board and one individual is dealing with this is f**king laughable!!!!    Go and give it to some so called name and fire another 50K plus at him.it will come down to the blame game again when he flops.  This county needs an in house man that knows club hurling inside out to take the county forward.

+1
PJ couldn't do any worse that Kevin Ryan or what was there before.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2015, 10:50:52 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 03, 2015, 07:15:49 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2015, 05:42:33 PM
Is that the Cushendun, Rossa and now Gort na Mona Paul Graham?

Gort?
Yes.

I didn't know he was up there? In what role and since when?
I thought his connection was that Ciaran Barr and got him through an involvement with Kilmacud Crokes.

doodaa

SHOCKING!!!!!
There seems to be a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes in relation to the appointment of our country manager. One particular individual is holding the whole process up as he doesn't agree with Ciaran Barr's nomination. It's all a bit sad really.

Quality of the proposed back room team that I would have more than an issue with, but that doesnt seem to matter much  ???
when the man that was appointed to apoint the new manager is getting under minded by a clown who God willing is hopefully on his way out, there's the issue right there.

Who is this "clown" and how is he holding up the show?
Whats his reasoning for not allowing Ciaran Barr to go forward as a candidate?

NAG1

Quote from: doodaa on November 04, 2015, 09:44:09 AM
SHOCKING!!!!!

Who is this "clown" and how is he holding up the show?
Whats his reasoning for not allowing Ciaran Barr to go forward as a candidate?

Really  ::)

cfclg

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2015, 10:59:10 PM

Matty Lennon from Armagh

Is there anything in this county that can just run smoothly? Why is everything a total balls up?

We are an unbelievable mess. Its actually laughable.

See the 'little rat' mentioned above, I presume that is reference to J. Edwards? If so, what has he done at a playing/coaching level in Hurling? That's an honest question, i'm trying to figure out what credentials he has to be able to give opinions on who hurling management should be.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: cfclg on November 04, 2015, 12:37:40 PM

Matty Lennon from Armagh

Is there anything in this county that can just run smoothly? Why is everything a total balls up?

See the 'little rat' mentioned above, I presume that is reference to J. Edwards? If so, what has he done at a playing/coaching level in Hurling? That's an honest question, i'm trying to figure out what credentials he has to be able to give opinions on who hurling management should be.
It's not referring to Joe.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Matty Lennon from Armagh

Again I would seriously guard against this getting into this personal level of attack.

If you dont know the facts of the matter or cant read into them through some of the posts then dont be jumping in and naming people.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on November 04, 2015, 12:42:57 PM

Matty Lennon from Armagh

Again I would seriously guard against this getting into this personal level of attack.

If you dont know the facts of the matter or cant read into them through some of the posts then dont be jumping in and naming people.
no names were named by me.  And the roll of the eyes means what???   Am sure anyone who knows who's on our county board knows who the "wee rat" is.   Tell me am wrong nag?!?   Everyone was happy that Barr was getting to pick the manager.  When he does he's under minded.  And yes.  He was!!!  Fact.  Joke of a county set up all round. Absolute shambles.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 04, 2015, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 04, 2015, 12:42:57 PM

Matty Lennon from Armagh

no names were named by me.  And the roll of the eyes means what???   Am sure anyone who knows who's on our county board knows who the "wee rat" is.   Tell me am wrong nag?!?   Everyone was happy that Barr was getting to pick the manager.  When he does he's under minded.  And yes.  He was!!!  Fact.  Joke of a county set up all round. Absolute shambles.

SG never said you did if you read up you will see which post I was referring too on both occasions I have commented.

I also never said that anyone did or didnt undermine CB. I also have not commented on the process I raised my concern over one issue.