Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Oh yeah John Fury is a charming man himself. Loves a holiday in the USA as well. I don't mind Peter Fury the uncle his interviews are usually pretty good and knows his boxing.

Jim Bob

Quote from: square_ball on November 01, 2022, 04:07:17 PM
Oh yeah John Fury is a charming man himself. Loves a holiday in the USA as well. I don't mind Peter Fury the uncle his interviews are usually pretty good and knows his boxing.

Pete was a lovely fella around Manchester in the 80s

nrico2006

Saw a BT thing on with Warren, Frampton etc. What annoys me is the irrational bias promoters have for their stable. Warren has ran through the boxrec names a few times over the past weeks with a justification as to why Chisora was first available name on the list. He skipped by Joyce saying he was on holiday, which is not a reason and not one that would impact a title shot. He also excluded Ruiz as he is fighting Wilder in a WBC eliminator, in otherwords for the mandatory slot. I don't understand how the journalists never dig further into the promoters BS though. So in Warren's words Ruiz is unavailable as he is going to fight Wilder for a shot at Furys title? Surely then Ruiz would take the title shot without having to fight someone to get that title shot.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Eire90

i dont know weather to like the true geordie or not.

ONeill

You could tell Fury had it in for him from the start, or maybe he was just in a bad place. TG probably held back a bit there and could have poked further holes in what Fury was saying.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eire90

The True Geordie has has to apologize after he made comments about muslims directed and Andrew tate.

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on November 08, 2022, 11:19:23 AM
The True Geordie has has to apologize after he made comments about muslims directed and Andrew tate.
Total arsehole who would run a mile if he was face to face with Tate or anyone

Saffrongael

Im guessing Ricky Hatton is broke ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

screenexile

This is sad what exactly was the point of it??

Ref should have called it by now!

ONeill

Found that a hard watch.

I know he wanted to give his mate a payday, but he didn't have to beat the shit outta him.

square_ball

Could have been pulled after 3 rounds to be honest.

The aftershow on the otherhand. Usyk didn't give one fcuk.

ONeill

Easy night for Conlan.

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on December 10, 2022, 10:33:51 PM
Easy night for Conlan.

To be expected given the level of fighter he continues to face.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

Not such an easy night for Josh Warrington. Beat on points by another Mexican. That defeat by Lara really knocked the stuffing out of him and hasn't been the same fighter since.

nrico2006

Quote from: square_ball on December 11, 2022, 12:06:44 AM
Not such an easy night for Josh Warrington. Beat on points by another Mexican. That defeat by Lara really knocked the stuffing out of him and hasn't been the same fighter since.

Seems to be a bit of uproar on the decision though. Same with Lopez in New York, very unlikeable fighter.