Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Look-Up! on November 16, 2022, 01:39:03 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2022, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 16, 2022, 09:16:36 AM
It has been said here before on these interviews.

No one is shocked by what he has said about the club in general, the lack of investment behind the scenes, the lack of forward progress/ planning. All Utd fans knew these were issues and have been for a long time and part of the reasons the success has dried up. So there is absolutely no issue on him calling the club out on these things and in fact most fans would have been happy to hear this.

However when he went after ETH he crossed the line, it comes across as sour grapes because he doesnt fit into the plans of the current manager. Fans are finally seeing a structure and plan from the manager and more inclined to back him over a player who hasn't shown any kind of form this season.

Time for him to move on, shame the way it has ended but that's life at times.
Agree 100%. Slamming ETH was unforgivable, the rest was fair enough.
Had a cheap shot at Rangnick. Same with Rooney- only reason Utd's record goal scorer commented was because he's fat and ugly and jealous of the beautiful Ron, but of course he'd never say that wink wink. Pundits same- nothing to do with the fact it being their job to comment on football stories, no they comment on me me me me me me to become famous because I'm the most famous person ever blah blah blah. The interview , bits I've seen anyway are an embarrassment and show a total lack of class.

How many people had heard of him before he was appointed?

Really don't understand the outrage over the Rooney & Neville comments. If someone was telling others I wasn't great at my job and should be sidelined, I'd want to have my say too. Rooney the man who held the club over a barrel twice saying he was moving to City to get 350k.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Gael80 on November 16, 2022, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 16, 2022, 09:34:08 AM
wasnt an interview part of the reason Keane left United

Keane was a legend at United and still is; Ronaldo is likely to remain so when things settle. It was time for Keane to move on, his career and what United achieved in the years after his departure proved it was the right decision at the time, he couldn't remain there not being first choice.

It's clear Ronaldo is now at a similar stage and cannot play every minute of every game or be first choice. So yes as Keane an interview will probably end his career at United but it's Man Utd who will be stronger for his departure as I'd expect the whole squad dynamics to change.

Keane was a regular though , up  until he got injured , a few weeks before he  left the club

AustinPowers

Quote from: trailer on November 16, 2022, 10:54:19 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2022, 09:47:00 AM
Quote from: Gael80 on November 16, 2022, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 16, 2022, 09:34:08 AM
wasnt an interview part of the reason Keane left United

Keane was a legend at United and still is; Ronaldo is likely to remain so when things settle. It was time for Keane to move on, his career and what United achieved in the years after his departure proved it was the right decision at the time, he couldn't remain there not being first choice.

It's clear Ronaldo is now at a similar stage and cannot play every minute of every game or be first choice. So yes as Keane, Ronaldo will now move on and Man Utd will be stronger for his departure as I'd expect the whole squad dynamics to change.
Yeah 2 of my favourite ever players and both ending their careers on a sour note at United, but both undoubtedly 2 of the best to ever do it.

Most players end their Utd careers on a sour note. RVN, Stam, Robson, Keane, Hughes, even Rooney fell out with Fergie at the finish.

I don't recall anything happening with Robson before  he left. Nor Hughes.  He was sold suddenly but I don't recall any animosity between him and Fergie

Look-Up!

Quote from: Mike Tyson on November 16, 2022, 02:41:29 PM

No one is shocked by what he has said about the club in general, the lack of investment behind the scenes, the lack of forward progress/ planning. All Utd fans knew these were issues and have been for a long time and part of the reasons the success has dried up. So there is absolutely no issue on him calling the club out on these things and in fact most fans would have been happy to hear this.

However when he went after ETH he crossed the line, it comes across as sour grapes because he doesnt fit into the plans of the current manager. Fans are finally seeing a structure and plan from the manager and more inclined to back him over a player who hasn't shown any kind of form this season.

Had a cheap shot at Rangnick. Same with Rooney- only reason Utd's record goal scorer commented was because he's fat and ugly and jealous of the beautiful Ron, but of course he'd never say that wink wink. Pundits same- nothing to do with the fact it being their job to comment on football stories, no they comment on me me me me me me to become famous because I'm the most famous person ever blah blah blah. The interview , bits I've seen anyway are an embarrassment and show a total lack of class.

Really don't understand the outrage over the Rooney & Neville comments. If someone was telling others I wasn't great at my job and should be sidelined, I'd want to have my say too. Rooney the man who held the club over a barrel twice saying he was moving to City to get 350k.
He came in as a stop gap to be TD a year ago, didn't work out. Absolutely nothing to do with what's going on now. Cheap shot bringing him into it. Current manager not 5 minutes into the job so residual issues absolutely nothing to do with him either.

He refused to come on in a game, walked out of the stadium. Everyone is going to have an opinion on that (regardless of who you are) especially pundits and past players. Big difference between professional criticism and personal insults. Petty and complete lack of lass.

He would have been well aware of the training facilities etc before signing his £28m/year 2-3 year contract. Absolute BS it's suddenly an issue. I bet if he were playing every game with Maguire and Jones also starting central defence there wouldn't be a boo out of him.
It's very simple, he's not near as valuable to the team as he thinks he is. Manager has enough cop on to know this too. So he has two choices, be happy to have a bit part or take a wage cut and f**k off elsewhere. But to still demand his 500k a week, refuse to play when he doesn't get his way, refuse to move if the money and "project" doesn't suit, and go running to Pier Morgan of all people to air his grievances. I'm sorry but the man is a tr**p.

I don't think it's comparable to what other players have done in the past. Keane did a pretty brutal punditry on his Utd team mates but it was genuine in that he felt Utd standards were not as they should be. I doubt Ronaldo gives a f**k who is on the team as long as he's first name. Looks like he's making up a whole load of excuses to explain his bad behaviour and total lack of professionalism.

Yes he scored 18 goals last year out of a total of 57. Utd's worst return in a long time. So yes he brings goals but it's not so straight forward and absolutely no way are these extra goals he brought. Utd would have got them from elsewhere had he not been around. That is beyond doubt, otherwise a Utd less Ronaldo are a 39 goals per season team. Utd being managed by Stevie G doing his best to sabotage them would score that in their sleep.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Look-Up! on November 16, 2022, 03:35:51 PM

He came in as a stop gap to be TD a year ago, didn't work out. Absolutely nothing to do with what's going on now. Cheap shot bringing him into it. Current manager not 5 minutes into the job so residual issues absolutely nothing to do with him either.

He refused to come on in a game, walked out of the stadium. Everyone is going to have an opinion on that (regardless of who you are) especially pundits and past players. Big difference between professional criticism and personal insults. Petty and complete lack of lass.

He would have been well aware of the training facilities etc before signing his £28m/year 2-3 year contract. Absolute BS it's suddenly an issue. I bet if he were playing every game with Maguire and Jones also starting central defence there wouldn't be a boo out of him.
It's very simple, he's not near as valuable to the team as he thinks he is. Manager has enough cop on to know this too. So he has two choices, be happy to have a bit part or take a wage cut and f**k off elsewhere. But to still demand his 500k a week, refuse to play when he doesn't get his way, refuse to move if the money and "project" doesn't suit, and go running to Pier Morgan of all people to air his grievances. I'm sorry but the man is a tr**p.

I don't think it's comparable to what other players have done in the past. Keane did a pretty brutal punditry on his Utd team mates but it was genuine in that he felt Utd standards were not as they should be. I doubt Ronaldo gives a f**k who is on the team as long as he's first name. Looks like he's making up a whole load of excuses to explain his bad behaviour and total lack of professionalism.

Yes he scored 18 goals last year out of a total of 57. Utd's worst return in a long time. So yes he brings goals but it's not so straight forward and absolutely no way are these extra goals he brought. Utd would have got them from elsewhere had he not been around. That is beyond doubt, otherwise a Utd less Ronaldo are a 39 goals per season team. Utd being managed by Stevie G doing his best to sabotage them would score that in their sleep.

You seem very worked up and angry over this whole thing, much like the English media.

Multimillionaire Portuguese footballer with a huge ego comes out with an egotistical interview and, with the exception of the Ten Haag comments, says things most people agree with and people get massively angry and worked up over it. What else did anyone expect from Ronaldo? To quietly accept a role on the bench? It's Ronaldo. You've said yourself, it's all about him. So why the anger?

Did you have the same outrage at Rooney when he demanded to move to City because he didn't like Ferguson's transfer strategy and direction the club was going?

Look-Up!

Quote from: Mike Tyson on November 16, 2022, 03:50:46 PM

You seem very worked up and angry over this whole thing, much like the English media.

Multimillionaire Portuguese footballer with a huge ego comes out with an egotistical interview and, with the exception of the Ten Haag comments, says things most people agree with and people get massively angry and worked up over it. What else did anyone expect from Ronaldo? To quietly accept a role on the bench? It's Ronaldo. You've said yourself, it's all about him. So why the anger?

Did you have the same outrage at Rooney when he demanded to move to City because he didn't like Ferguson's transfer strategy and direction the club was going?
Read it how you want Mr. Freud but if you took it with an hilarious edge you'd be closer to the mark than anger. Don't support any soccer club but follow most sports keenly.

Rooney asked for a transfer as is his right under any free market. I found the outrage over this OTT. He was fully entitled to move companies if that was his wish. Never did he down tools or renege on his word. Ronaldo signed an eye watering contract and now refuses to do the job he's paid to do. Refused to come on in a game and called in sick at Fulham when he found out he wasn't starting. And has the added neck to run to Morgan and cry victim. I actually find it incredulous how anyone could side with him.

Cunny Funt

I can imagine plenty especially for the work he did in Germany. Ronaldo said he's not even a coach even though Rangnick has been coaching or managing for 40 years.

trailer

Few people have said it here.. It is just a complete lack of class and professionalism.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Look-Up! on November 16, 2022, 04:46:35 PM

Read it how you want Mr. Freud but if you took it with an hilarious edge you'd be closer to the mark than anger. Don't support any soccer club but follow most sports keenly.

Rooney asked for a transfer as is his right under any free market. I found the outrage over this OTT. He was fully entitled to move companies if that was his wish. Never did he down tools or renege on his word. Ronaldo signed an eye watering contract and now refuses to do the job he's paid to do. Refused to come on in a game and called in sick at Fulham when he found out he wasn't starting. And has the added neck to run to Morgan and cry victim. I actually find it incredulous how anyone could side with him.

Your expletive laden rant would suggest otherwise  ;D ;D

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 16, 2022, 04:49:11 PM

I can imagine plenty especially for the work he did in Germany. Ronaldo said he's not even a coach even though Rangnick has been coaching or managing for 40 years.

Lol explains all the "Who is Ralf Ragnick?" articles at the time. If we're being honest, outside of Germany very few would have.

Quote from: trailer on November 16, 2022, 06:07:40 PM
Few people have said it here.. It is just a complete lack of class and professionalism.

Yea that's it. His PR team have had a shocker. Surprised he hasn't been let go already.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Mike Tyson on November 16, 2022, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on November 16, 2022, 04:46:35 PM

Your expletive laden rant would suggest otherwise  ;D ;D

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 16, 2022, 04:49:11 PM

Lol explains all the "Who is Ralf Ragnick?" articles at the time. If we're being honest, outside of Germany very few would have.

Quote from: trailer on November 16, 2022, 06:07:40 PM

Yea that's it. His PR team have had a shocker. Surprised he hasn't been let go already.
Used the f word twice. It's part of the working class vocabulary. Yes I sometimes use it when angry. Also when being funny, for emphasis, for incredulity etc

Cunny Funt

Did i say something even mildly humorous? Rangnick has been coaching in one of the top leagues in Europe for 4 decades and managed in the Champions league also. Would want to be living under a rock to have never heard of him before.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 16, 2022, 06:39:33 PM

Did i say something even mildly humorous? Rangnick has been coaching in one of the top leagues in Europe for 4 decades and managed in the Champions league also. Would want to be living under a rock to have never heard of him before.

Good man  ;D

AustinPowers

Alledgedly

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Armagh18

Cristiano Ronaldo on losing his newborn baby earlier this year:

"It was probably the worst moment in my life since my father died. When you have a kid, you expect everything to be normal.

The kids start to say "Mom where is the other baby....' ...and after one week I say let's be up front and let's be honest with the kids, let's say that, Ángel, which is his name, he went to the Heaven.

Cristiano Ronaldo says he keeps his son's ashes alongside those of his father.

I talk with them all the time and they are on my side. You know they help me to be a better man, to be a better person, to be a better father.

In some way, I became more of a father, more friendly with them; they become more close to their daddy, and me with Georgina as well."

Just a reminder of what Ronaldo went through in the last year. Puts football and everything else into perspective and no harm to take a second and remember that before writing anything on here