Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: Under Lights on June 06, 2022, 02:07:20 PM
The biggest elephant in the room for me is the fact that Tyrone have 45 players on the panel. This is an absolute joke. The naming of the 26 on the match day panel being delayed and not releasing players that didn't make the panel back to clubs to play on a Friday night is poor from management, these lads could do with the football.

That is bad, I would say Premier League teams are carrying less and play 3 times the volume of games, there has to be some sort of mechanism where lads are eligible for club games and don't just become GPA expense monkeys/training game fodder.

None of the squad played a single club game in the 5 weeks between the Derry game and Armagh game, any chance to decompress and maybe get a bit of confidence in a different setting was lost to the county goldfish bowl.

If the team is on the go for 18 months solid, how much training did they really need heading into Armagh, last I heard Tyrone had done some video analysis work with the MF on how the ref throws the ball in for the start of the game, entering into twilight zone/paralysis by analysis stuff there

RedHand88

Quote from: tiempo on June 06, 2022, 02:18:51 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 06, 2022, 02:07:20 PM
The biggest elephant in the room for me is the fact that Tyrone have 45 players on the panel. This is an absolute joke. The naming of the 26 on the match day panel being delayed and not releasing players that didn't make the panel back to clubs to play on a Friday night is poor from management, these lads could do with the football.

That is bad, I would say Premier League teams are carrying less and play 3 times the volume of games, there has to be some sort of mechanism where lads are eligible for club games and don't just become GPA expense monkeys/training game fodder.

None of the squad played a single club game in the 5 weeks between the Derry game and Armagh game, any chance to decompress and maybe get a bit of confidence in a different setting was lost to the county goldfish bowl.

If the team is on the go for 18 months solid, how much training did they really need heading into Armagh, last I heard Tyrone had done some video analysis work with the MF on how the ref throws the ball in for the start of the game, entering into twilight zone/paralysis by analysis stuff there

Mad if true. Armagh won at least one throw in from what I can remember.

NotedObserver

Nathan Donnelly and Jonny Munroe given plenty of game time at start of league and never seen.

Tyrone11234

Would they have really made any impact yesterday??

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 07, 2022, 01:34:24 AM
Reading the report on the Senior Ladies' football team game vs. Sligo in Killyclogher last Sunday, there might be a few LGFA club registrars that'll get a right bollockin' from their reps on the county team!  :o

Explain?

Under Lights

Thank God Chloe McCaffrey was registered correctly.

trailer

It was a really bad year. Two games, two defeats. We never got going in either game.

Teague was a gamble. Sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't.

MO'N didn't have a great game and Rafferty the keeper ran past him too easily for a score that put the game beyond Tyrone.

Felt Morgan missing those two kicks in the first half really deflated the team. Such straight forward easy scores. He can hit a man on the run 60 yards away like a laser adn then kicks these wide. Free taking in general let us down.

Kilpatrick was MIA.

The bench was strange one parachuting McGleenan and Canavan in. Players not involved in the 26 really need to be released back to their clubs. It's ridiculous that they can't play and it contributes to players walking away.

But the future is bright. We have some really talented players in the County at youth level and they'll get their chance. We'll be back.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on June 07, 2022, 03:34:42 PM
It was a really bad year. Two games, two defeats. We never got going in either game.

Weirdly that's a few times since the weekend that I've heard that claim. It's three games, two defeats - not that it matters, but we did beat Fermanagh in the preliminary round.

Aaron Boone

Staying in Div 1 was a highlight, that win in Kerry on final day was terrific. But we were unlucky to be in the prelim of Ulster and then unlucky with that qualifier draw away v Armagh. It feels a flat still, a few days later.

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on June 07, 2022, 03:48:30 PM

Weirdly that's a few times since the weekend that I've heard that claim. It's three games, two defeats - not that it matters, but we did beat Fermanagh in the preliminary round.

Sorry you are right. I forgot completely.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on June 08, 2022, 01:03:32 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 07, 2022, 03:48:30 PM

Sorry you are right. I forgot completely.

Easily done in fairness, given how utterly toothless we were vs Derry & Armagh.

MC

All for throw-in analysis - and any other type of analysis.
Thrown in is the only time a team are in traditional 15 positions - a great opportunity for two scores if a team can win it and get their attack right.

The game is getting smarter all the time and every advantage counts.

Very little analysis on why Tyrone were so poor - most newspaper reports describe the game - with no thought as to the why!

omagh_gael

https://twitter.com/sheikhbarabas/status/1535189665103462401?t=jtvMUu4xdKi0q8Jz-xnDbQ&s=19

This goes to show you how good a job Mickey Harte done over the last 10 years, might not have been everyone's cup of tea but to finish one point behind Kerry and ahead of Mayo (considering their significantly weaker provincial games) is a serious achievement.

Thoughts STG?

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 10, 2022, 10:59:26 AM
https://twitter.com/sheikhbarabas/status/1535189665103462401?t=jtvMUu4xdKi0q8Jz-xnDbQ&s=19

This goes to show you how good a job Mickey Harte done over the last 10 years, might not have been everyone's cup of tea but to finish one point behind Kerry and ahead of Mayo (considering their significantly weaker provincial games) is a serious achievement.

Thoughts STG?

Fantastic manager.

From talking to many throughout the county the jury is firmly out on the current management team and all eyes will be on them ahead of next year.
Lack of game plan, failure to fully analysis opposition were remarks I have heard but then you hear of throw in analysis so God know where the truth is.

tyrone08

Quote from: Under Lights on June 10, 2022, 12:33:50 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 10, 2022, 10:59:26 AM

Thoughts STG?

Fantastic manager.

From talking to many throughout the county the jury is firmly out on the current management team and all eyes will be on them ahead of next year.
Lack of game plan, failure to fully analysis opposition were remarks I have heard but then you hear of throw in analysis so God know where the truth is.

Mickey was a great manager but his time to set aside came and gone. Tyrone struggled under him to beat Kerry or mayo. New management have done that. They have had 1 bad year let's judge them in a few years time.

Mickey issue was his refusal to accept his playing style was not working which is why tyrone always failed at the final hurdle.