Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on May 22, 2018, 11:47:15 AM
Football teams have to be dictatorships. They don't work any other way. Someone has to make the decisions in the best interest of the team. Now we can disagree with his / her decisions but someone needs to have the final say. You think Fergie or Micko or Jim Galvin have some sort of players committee deciding what's happening in training or who is playing?
As I said I'm not Harte's biggest fan but he's in control and that's essential. When the patients are in charge of the mad house, you can just forget about it.

Correct. There can be only one man in charge. He lives by his success and failures.

It cannot be democratic FFS.

bgal10

Quote from: Thebigdog on May 22, 2018, 08:09:23 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 22, 2018, 07:50:55 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on May 22, 2018, 07:29:01 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on May 22, 2018, 06:51:21 AM
monaghan fully merited the win looked a lot leaner than a top heavy tyrone. they are  also quicker in their thought processes and decision making that comes from good coaching and an excellent backroom. tyrone lost out because of their overall defensive gameplan. it depends on one thing being in front at all times the goal before halftime was equivalent to o callaghans  game over. game over on the sideline that is not with the players. harte has constantly backed his strategy even in the light of such a pyschologically damaging defeat last august. to finish the game in such dissaray backs the notion that he will continue to do what he wants despite the criticism and tactical naievity. the centre of our defence remains porous mcnamee burns wont cut it against top players and cavnagh never fit to sweep and hes to slow, 32 legs are gone for that job ,he might be able to horse about in the middle and school mcclure. stubborness over the groundswell opinion that the defensive gamepan no longer cuts it just reinforces the idea that the old man is no longer relevant at the tactical top table. conservatism and age go hand in hand in politics life and football. hard to watch, need for some pride to be reinstored in a respected football jersey. i think the players have had enough.
It will only be the players who can get rid of him at this stage. The arrogance shown by the Tyrone county board regarding Harte proves their is no point looking at them to do something.

The players won't say a word, they are all in a controlled environment when selected to represent our county. The RTE ban it takes you to leave the panel before you can give an interview. Cavanagh, Ricey, McGuigan and Jordan all expressed their freedoms after leaving the panel. Cavanagh is only now able to voice issues about style and a rigid structure. This would suggest that he wasn't able to question Mickey. He has 2 nodding dogs in Devlin and O'Neill in beside him. The prayers before games is another example how Mickey rules the roost. I don't know of any club that does this.
IL say one thing, and this has been proven in history the world over getting rid of a dictator has been always been a messy affair. I don't think we can underestimate how bad a place Tyrone are in at the minute.

God help the majority of other counties in Ireland if Tyrone are considered to be in a terrible place  ::)

Thebigdog

The Harte loyalists out in force today. My favourite quote from one of them is ' as I said before I'm not Mickey s number one fan but he's in charge and that's Essential.' These brainwashed clowns should really listen to themselves lol

Oghams Law

This is old news. Any player who doesn't want to participate doesn't have to. Sure when Father McAleer was on the management team he said Mass the mornings of games. I'm not Harte's no.1 fan but you're making something out of nothing here. It's not a case of say the rosary or you're not playing.
[/quote]

U serious? And how does that work practically, do those who opt out leave their team mates and go off and stand in a corner until its over? And if they did do you really think they'd get a fair shout from a zealot like harte?

Tyrone Gaa

Harte has an element of control at every level and as the years roll on the more established that control becomes. Its clear to see that he has Garvaghy robots sorted (there is no major change in personnel up there just a rotation in roles), no issues there. Media sorted, TTM wouldn't dare criticise Harte for fear that they would lose hit post match interviews.  He lost the plot with BBC in the league when they dared question him.  CCC he has control of the fixtures calling games off when he sees fit.  Players - the players must not show any other opinion that conflicts his stance such as media interviews even if they have been awarded man of the match. 
Living the dream!!!

SuperHo

Does it really matter, you wouldn't be much of a supporter.
Been following tyrone length and breadth of the country since before you were born. Cos i dont have me head up mickeys arse doesn't mean i'm either a good or bad supporter. Watched tyrone gettin bate all over the country but kept going because they always played with pride in the jersey. Now they run about like headless chickens. After the embarrassment against dublin mickey got 3 yrs. Maybe he'll get another few yrs after sunday.
Its no disgrace getting bate. Its a disgrace not showing some fight. Its a disgrace sending out a team completely unprepared.

But sure stick yer head up Mickey's hole n keep waving yer tyrone flags ye bought when tyrone started winning all irelands

Thebigdog

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 22, 2018, 12:16:44 PM
Harte has an element of control at every level and as the years roll on the more established that control becomes. Its clear to see that he has Garvaghy robots sorted (there is no major change in personnel up there just a rotation in roles), no issues there. Media sorted, TTM wouldn't dare criticise Harte for fear that they would lose hit post match interviews.  He lost the plot with BBC in the league when they dared question him.  CCC he has control of the fixtures calling games off when he sees fit.  Players - the players must not show any other opinion that conflicts his stance such as media interviews even if they have been awarded man of the match.
There's chat in today's Irish news Healy park wasn't to capacity on Sunday because of ticket pricing. There maybe an element of that but generally people have stopped going and the reason been is Mickey Harte. I for one and I know plenty others who won't darken that turnstile til he is gone! I would urge others to do the same whilst also boycotting the Tyrone fabrication county gear. That ll put manners in them.

Taylor

Quote from: Thebigdog on May 22, 2018, 12:59:30 PM
There's chat in today's Irish news Healy park wasn't to capacity on Sunday because of ticket pricing. There maybe an element of that but generally people have stopped going and the reason been is Mickey Harte. I for one and I know plenty others who won't darken that turnstile til he is gone! I would urge others to do the same whilst also boycotting the Tyrone fabrication county gear. That ll put manners in them.

I can only assume you are a WUM?

Dont think I have ever seen such shite posted on here

Tyrone Gaa

Boycott isn't an option for me, I will always follow my county through thick and thin.  I don't believe MH is the right man to be leading our county but I still hope he can prove me wrong and have a successful year.  The 70minutes Tyrone take to the field they have by 100% support.  I actually hope we draw London away for a wee weekend trip 
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

To be fair now, there wasn't too much space left from what I seen.

The Trap

If both management teams had changed 12 months ago tyroneTyrone beat Monaghan easily as orourke and co would make tyrone much better and harte and co make Monaghan much worse
However as I have said on here previously county football is at such a low ebb that there are only a small number of counties that would beat tyrone:
Dublin definitely
Kerry close enough
Galway tight game
Mayo if at full tilt maybe
Monaghan and Donegal would be close.

After that whoever tyrone play they will beat. So unless they meet one of the above in the qualifiers they will make last 8 and all of the stuff on here will be swept under the carpet until the start of August.. ....

Thebigdog

Anyone on this forum who knows any of the Tyrone players or is in their club I would urge also too get in their ear on a regular basis and tell them your wasting your time under that management and quit!

redzone

Can someone put up a list of the u20 players. # total faith

redhandefender

Quote from: Thebigdog on May 22, 2018, 01:19:40 PM
Anyone on this forum who knows any of the Tyrone players or is in their club I would urge also too get in their ear on a regular basis and tell them your wasting your time under that management and quit!

What an idiot.

Tyrone Gaa

I haven't seen a confirmed u20 panel, but the trialists are listed below.  Will give you half an idea.  There is also a picture of the squad on the website.

Kildress

Matthew Mc Guigan, Adam Connolly, Callum Holland, Corey Holland, Phelim Girvan

Killyclogher

P.T. Cunningham, Luke Murnaghan

Drumquin

Jamie Mc Aleer, James O Kane, Cormac Rodgers

Loughmacrory

Conal Grimes, Colm Logue, Oisin O'Kane, Cathaoir Gallagher, Arnoldas Macildulskas

Owen Roes

Conall Mc Cormack, Ryan Devine

Dromore

Ryan McCusker. Cahir Goodwin, Odhran Rafferty, Emmett McNabb, Caolan McCarron, Oran Sludden

Eglish

Cormac Byrne, Matthew McGleenan, Seamus Muldoon

Killeeshil

Pascal Donaghy, Liam Hughes

Newtownstewart – Eoin Donnelly

Carrickmore

Conor Loughran, Patrick McElduff, James McGurk, Oran McKee

Beragh

Oisin Donnelly, Callum Corrigan, Eoin Grimes

Strabane – Ruairi Gormley

Derrylaughan

Brian Kennedy, Tomas Carney, Paul Donnelly