Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 10, 2017, 11:14:30 PM
it was never the players. mickey first took it upon himself to stop talking to rte after brian carthy was refused a promotion with rte. this was may 2011, then after the distasteful radio sketch it became a blanket ban at hartes insistance. its a disgrace to think that tyrone players receiving man of the match awards cant even come on to rte and do a bit of an interview. all because of one dictator.

If you had a strong enough argument you would put it forward instead of this nonsense.

RTE should be boycotted.

southtyronegael

im not trying to argue anything, im just stating facts. all relevant info regarding the ban can be found online. but i suppose it wouldnt be right to say anything negative about saint mickey.

teaminamillion

Lets get to the very serious subject of Peter Harte. I've watched Conor meyler in the sigerson final I've watched Niall sludden against Dublin this last few weeks, I'm genuinely thinking these boys are the real deal as far as running at defences' breaking tackles at speed and ultimately showing bravery on the ball. Peter Harte on the other hand does tend to slow play up more often than not and it is quite obvious he doesn't have that wee bit of stuff meyler or sludden has. People may say Peter Harte played well against mayo last year but again the slow laborious style of Tyrone suits this player. There is no doubt in my mind Mickey Harte plays this way to accommodate his nephew. If Tyrone played a more open attractive style Peter Harte would be badly exposed on a one on one situation as was evidence against donegals Ryan McHugh in the Ulster final. In the end up this player was put into midfield! Overrated all day long.

vallankumous

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 10, 2017, 11:40:41 PM
im not trying to argue anything, im just stating facts. all relevant info regarding the ban can be found online. but i suppose it wouldnt be right to say anything negative about saint mickey.

The sun is round and orange, therefore the sun must be an orange.

southtyronegael

Quote from: vallankumous on March 10, 2017, 11:58:19 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 10, 2017, 11:40:41 PM

The sun is round and orange, therefore the sun must be an orange.
your post made no sense,therefore you must be thick.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 10, 2017, 11:47:25 PM
Lets get to the very serious subject of Peter Harte. I've watched Conor meyler in the sigerson final I've watched Niall sludden against Dublin this last few weeks, I'm genuinely thinking these boys are the real deal as far as running at defences' breaking tackles at speed and ultimately showing bravery on the ball. Peter Harte on the other hand does tend to slow play up more often than not and it is quite obvious he doesn't have that wee bit of stuff meyler or sludden has. People may say Peter Harte played well against mayo last year but again the slow laborious style of Tyrone suits this player. There is no doubt in my mind Mickey Harte plays this way to accommodate his nephew. If Tyrone played a more open attractive style Peter Harte would be badly exposed on a one on one situation as was evidence against donegals Ryan McHugh in the Ulster final. In the end up this player was put into midfield! Overrated all day long.
Youre head is away if you think that. Harte is a key player for Tyrone because he is an excellent footballer. Would start on any team in Ireland not a problem.

vallankumous

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 10, 2017, 11:47:25 PM

Agreed, there are 14 other men plus those coming in that unwittingly have their game tailored to suit Peter Harte. 
I've no doubt in my mind you have sat and studied this in depth.

rrhf

Ignore this is just a Harte attack

BennyHarp

Looking forward to seeing Cavan tomorrow and witnessing first hand the attacking plan that big Mattie has brought to Cavan. Hopefully he'll get the Tyrone job next year, drop Peter Harte and sign the players up for a fly on the wall access all areas documentary for RTE.
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

We've now moved on from Mattie to Malachy orourke I think. If we could get him we would be able to enjoy the all out attacking football he has brought to Monaghan. Their tactics are vastly different to Tyrone and they average 20 points a game (would never score say 7 points in a game). He gets the most out of his players in every game and they'd never lose a championship game at home to Longford for example.

Since we last won the all Ireland in 08 harte's record has been terrible. We've only won 3 ulster titles which is way behind all the other Ulster counties especially Donegal. If only he'd let the players talk to rte they'd have taken the goal chances and hit the frees v Kerry in 15 and mccurry and mccarron would have kicked their chances over the bar v Mayo last year. Worst of all Harte paid Pete McGrath to put his nephew on the Ulster team and even take the frees, sure he's no where near that standard.

Let's hope this time next year one of these master attacking coaches is in and we could maybe dream of being top of division 1.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on March 10, 2017, 11:04:30 PM
when you see players going on RTE after they are finished with Tyrone is obvious who is driving the RTE ban... not the players

Ex Tyrone players.

McCarron was meant to appear on RTE this year before RTE pulled it. It hasn't impacted his career under Harte.

Why don't you go on back to Derry?

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 11, 2017, 11:39:40 AM
Quote from: longballin on March 10, 2017, 11:04:30 PM
when you see players going on RTE after they are finished with Tyrone is obvious who is driving the RTE ban... not the players

Ex Tyrone players.

McCarron was meant to appear on RTE this year before RTE pulled it. It hasn't impacted his career under Harte.

Why don't you go on back to Derry?

If they believed the boycott was justified they would have the courage of their convictions not to go rte at any stage. Some of those players boycotted rte for years and then a few weeks after retiring were straight onto the sunday game. That says to me they didn't really believe the boycott was justified, they were only doing it to ensure their place in the team.

vallankumous

Quote from: lenny on March 11, 2017, 02:08:17 PM

If they believed the boycott was justified they would have the courage of their convictions not to go rte at any stage. Some of those players boycotted rte for years and then a few weeks after retiring were straight onto the sunday game. That says to me they didn't really believe the boycott was justified, they were only doing it to ensure their place in the team.

I suppose you could say the same about the drink ban.
I saw a recently retired player having a pint the night before a game. That says to me he never believed in the drink ban, if he did he'd still be honoring the ban into retirement.

BennyHarp

Quote from: vallankumous on March 11, 2017, 02:33:36 PM
Quote from: lenny on March 11, 2017, 02:08:17 PM

I suppose you could say the same about the drink ban.
I saw a recently retired player having a pint the night before a game. That says to me he never believed in the drink ban, if he did he'd still be honoring the ban into retirement.

I can't believe those lads have shaved their beards off!
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Bit different a beard gimmick and taking a moral stand against RTE... if they feel that strongly then stay off RTE, Harte was furious with boys went on RTE but had no more control over them.