Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Youse are being very harsh on the lad. Far too much expected of him.

What age is James Darcy?

In hiding

Quote from: Helpline on September 21, 2016, 12:30:13 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on September 21, 2016, 12:24:13 PM
What about young McShane. I'd like to see him given another chance in the FF line but I'd love to see us play all three forwards in there and not just one or two.

I think Sludden really improved last year and if it wasn't for injury Meyler too would have been a first choice now.
Munroe also looks to be coming along well and you would imagine Rory Brennan will be a starter from here on in. I wonder will Justy call it a day.
Hopefully Richie Donnelly can push on as well so we've a lot of young lads there pushing for places and hopefully Mickey gives them the chance during the league although he'll be very keen to keep it tight again and stay in Div 1.

Meyler first choice! barely warrants a starting place on the St Enda's team.
Good joke

Mikhailov

Quote from: Club boi on September 21, 2016, 01:30:48 PM
Did I hear he "hit" one of his own players during that game??

had heard something similar but believe it happened in the league game between both clubs a few weeks ago - sounds a bit far fetched to be honest

Mountain Man

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 21, 2016, 02:01:45 PM
Youse are being very harsh on the lad. Far too much expected of him.

What age is James Darcy?

Darcy was a county minor in 2015. Was on the u21 panel this year with limited game time. Should see more game time next year. Has been very impressive for the Tatts this year.

redhandefender

Mc Shane takes a lot on on his own for Roes, whether that's his own doing or if they have told him to go for it. He was visibly annoyed when they lost and I don't understand people being so harsh on the lad. He was still under 21 last year and thrown in to start for the seniors. His form was bit inconsistent and some wild shooting but think that will all improve with experience. Seems like a good lad with a good mindset.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on September 21, 2016, 09:22:28 AM
So your judging a player who has just returned from injury and ruling him out for league action in 5 months time ........ One of the best Club players about and consistently plays well

I'm not ruling anyone out of league action, it would be a team along the lines of what I would like to see get plenty of game time in next year's league. The half back and half forward lines are the most competitive in our squad, McNabb will need to return to his 2015 form next year if he wants to be starting. He looked very rusty this year, understandably.

ose 14

id imagine ruairi keenan is as quick as aidan o shea whom he did a decent job on in 08. he looks in pretty good shape to me and looks as quick as our current midfield combatants. big mcclure is a decent player as well. hampsey must start at FB id love to see munroe at corner back and stick with dirk in the corner only because of his experience compared to those two.

WBF

Speaking from a club perspective I would hate to see Munroe playing corner back for the county would ruin him in my opinion!

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: ose 14 on September 21, 2016, 09:12:25 PM
id imagine ruairi keenan is as quick as aidan o shea whom he did a decent job on in 08. he looks in pretty good shape to me and looks as quick as our current midfield combatants. big mcclure is a decent player as well. hampsey must start at FB id love to see munroe at corner back and stick with dirk in the corner only because of his experience compared to those two.

Have a bit of sense ose, ruairi Keenan is nowhere near county standard. He played against us in the quarter final of the championship and didn't stand out.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Club boi on September 21, 2016, 01:30:48 PM
Did I hear he "hit" one of his own players during that game??

? No idea what this is about!?

Did you hear it or not hear it?

Believe you me, Cathal gives it 100pc. If I had to criticise him. He tries too hard and does too much at times.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Golden Years

Quote from: WBF on September 21, 2016, 09:25:57 PM
Speaking from a club perspective I would hate to see Munroe playing corner back for the county would ruin him in my opinion!

How do you reckon playing for the county would ruin him? I think totally the opposite. Surely playing at a higher level can only develop a player. To improve players need a challenge and county level will bring that to him.

WBF

I think him playin at cornerback would take away his natural attacking instinct, it happened with sparky for us when he played for Tyrone he had lost his scoring ability for a few years and was turned in to a runner but now he seems to be getting it back this year a bit! Again only my opinion but I think Johnny is a lot better out the field

The Golden Years

Quote from: WBF on September 22, 2016, 07:38:03 AM
I think him playin at cornerback would take away his natural attacking instinct, it happened with sparky for us when he played for Tyrone he had lost his scoring ability for a few years and was turned in to a runner but now he seems to be getting it back this year a bit! Again only my opinion but I think Johnny is a lot better out the field

I don't think you are comparing like for like here. Johnny will be able to adapt far easier to different styles than sparky was.  Anyway the way the game is played now a corner back is all over the field.

WBF

Yeah that's true I suppose, Although I cant see him being used by Micky at corner back anyway

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on September 21, 2016, 09:12:25 PM
Did O'Shea not play at CHF with PH on him in 08?