Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

No interviews with the Derry Post in future lol

BennyHarp

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 08, 2016, 06:03:20 PM
Bought the Derry Post today to see what the Derry wans view of Saturday night was.The following is from the match report by Steven Doherty."Rather than play Tyrone at their own dark arts and exact some element of revenge for past injustices,Derry remained disciplined and attempted to outplay the old foe at football." :o ;D

The bitterness in that quote is what makes it so enjoyable.  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

oakleafgael

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 08, 2016, 10:04:54 PM
Bought the Derry Post today to see what the Derry wans view of Saturday night was.The following is from the match report by Steven Doherty."Rather than play Tyrone at their own dark arts and exact some element of revenge for past injustices,Derry remained disciplined and attempted to outplay the old foe at football." :o ;D

The bitterness in that quote is what makes it so enjoyable.  ;D

Ach lads surely you can appreciate the target audience? Did youse ever talk a step back and look at the skitter the likes of Alan Rodgers writes?

longballin

Kerry and Donegal fined £7,500 if that had been Tyrone it would have been £2.4 million  :P

The Sweeper.com

Ach the poor fella hi  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully he will recover for May.

JoG2

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on March 09, 2016, 11:11:46 AM

Ach the poor fella hi  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully he will recover for May.

funny I read the article and was glad a journalist didn't try to sugar coat the Derry performance, but, was maybe over complimentary in regards to you boys!!

"A breathtakingly well-oiled and ruthless Tyrone comfortably saw off Derry by 2-15 to 0-12 ." etc

Club Rossa

Yeah,he did go overboard in describing our performance!

Walter Cronc

Go easy lads, he's from North Derry!! Pumped or stuffed and all that craic ;)

50fiftyball

Big Colm was class again yesterday, it's been evident for a while but he's now more important to the team than Sean. Yes Sean has that brilliance in him, which he showed yesterday when he went on one of his runs and hammered the cross bar with a shot, but Colm plays a key role in around the edge of the square.

If Tyrone want to have a go at the Dublin's and Kerry's this year he must be kept fit.
Ronan' O'Neill was a class act again yesterday up until he went off injured, put in a lot of hard work. Any word on him or Ronan McNamee?

Jeremiah O

Colm Cavanagh was brilliant yet again.He has taken a serious amount of stick from some Tyrone supporters over the years but he has been our most consistent player for a good while now.
Unconquered and unconquerable

WT4E

Quote from: Jeremiah O on March 14, 2016, 10:17:56 AM
Colm Cavanagh was brilliant yet again.He has taken a serious amount of stick from some Tyrone supporters over the years but he has been our most consistent player for a good while now.

The stick he received is irrelevant at this stage and it sickens me every time Cavanagh is mentioned its thrown up. When he was getting stick he was playing shite and didn't seem to deserve to be a part of the squad now he's playing well I don't think anyone is disputing that and fair play to him for putting in the effort to improve himself as some players in that position might walk away from the squad or not get the patience of the management.

He's went from squad player to automatic starter so fair play to him.

Jeremiah O

That is bollocks Kildress man.People were unfairly comparing him to Sean when he first came into the panel.Got plenty of stick even when he was playing well.Heard it at the games,not as good as Sean,can't score,blah blah.
You're saying he didn't deserve to be part of the squad lol.Yous would know more about chasing sheep around Kildress than a size 5 ;D ;D
Unconquered and unconquerable

nrico2006

Colm Cavanagh got an unfair amount of stick compared to others who were on Tyrone teams and panels.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LeoMc

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 14, 2016, 11:59:05 AM
Colm Cavanagh got an unfair amount of stick compared to others who were on Tyrone teams and panels.   

A lot of players get an unfair amount of stick from the Hurlers on the ditch  if you were to go back over the past few years. Just off the top of my head  Rony O'Neill (I know I commented on his fitness levels), Kyle Coney, Petey Harte, Colm Cavanagh, Mark Harte.

I think we have to assume Mickey sees something in these players. In some it takes longer to come to fruition, some may never reach their potential.

WT4E

Quote from: Jeremiah O on March 14, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
That is bollocks Kildress man.People were unfairly comparing him to Sean when he first came into the panel.Got plenty of stick even when he was playing well.Heard it at the games,not as good as Sean,can't score,blah blah.
You're saying he didn't deserve to be part of the squad lol.Yous would know more about chasing sheep around Kildress than a size 5 ;D ;D

LOL - Leave the sheep out of it they have a tough enough time at the minute - middling of lambing and all!

Kildress is a proud footballing club BTW.

I never said he didn't get stick - I was just saying when he plays well (which is often these days) does the debate always have to go back to 'jaysus colms playing well - he took some stick when he started' just a bit boring if you ask me.