Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on September 08, 2015, 03:31:00 PM
Shocking, best manager ever and we are lucky to have him. Joke how this has all panned out. If the county board took their nose out and let him get on with building another All Ireland Team and focused instead on sorting their own club calendar fixtures out they'd be better off.

That's my bother with Mickey. HE controls the Club calendar.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

North Tyrone I'm not sure what you expect from mickey. With the exception of mcshane every player will play in two thirds of league games. He also wasn't able to stop an early championship. Compared to other top counties Tyrone players play more league games.

In Armagh the players don't play much for clubs when Armagh still in. The players missed the first league game for an Armagh friendly. If you think county players will be involved more under a new manager i think your very wrong. 

redhandefender

Its not an interview, its a talk to try make sure someone speaks to the media. No matter what people say its costs a fortune to run a competitive County team and the sponsors aren't lining up anymore. It needs addressed for the good of the county.

Petety harte will win an allstar, let him talk to rte then appoint him as spokesperson next year, he will say nothing controversial or let anything away, sponsors happy end off!

Up The Middle

From what i hear the problem wasnt just the lack of RTE interviews, it was when MH did sky interviews he didnt wear gear mentioning the current sponsers, in fact he wore gear promoting a well known hotel in Dublin. When told this wasnt to happen again he agreed, then did the same the following week. If this is true then i fully agree with what is happening, he needs to tow the line, i actually admire Jordan for digging her heels in here. MH would be the 1st to give off if there was no money for overnight stays before games nor for feeding after games and training, does he think this money just appears, also if he had no brown envelope at the end of the year im sure he wouldnt be best pleased.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Snapchap

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 09, 2015, 08:50:45 AM
From what i hear the problem wasnt just the lack of RTE interviews, it was when MH did sky interviews he didnt wear gear mentioning the current sponsers, in fact he wore gear promoting a well known hotel in Dublin. When told this wasnt to happen again he agreed, then did the same the following week. If this is true then i fully agree with what is happening, he needs to tow the line, i actually admire Jordan for digging her heels in here. MH would be the 1st to give off if there was no money for overnight stays before games nor for feeding after games and training, does he think this money just appears, also if he had no brown envelope at the end of the year im sure he wouldnt be best pleased.

While I also heard there were issues with the sponsors in regards what Mickey Harte wore on Sky Sports interviews, it's incorrect to say he didn't wear the McAleer & Rushe gear at all on Sky.

I'm not sure exactly how many Tyrone games were on Sky, but after the Monaghan game, he wore the McAleer & Rushe top:
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/gaa/9942396/tyrone-triumph-over-monaghan

But did not wear it after the Kerry game:
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/gaa/9963180/harte-we-gave-it-our-all

Going by the interview footage after the Kerry game, I don't see any logo/name for the hotel you mention, nor can I see such a photo/video anywhere showing him wearing anything with a hotel brand on it.

longballin

The RTE ban has misfired badly. The idea that players are so on board is seriously undermined by players who finish their careers and go straight onto RTE programs. That would suggest the players don't feel strongly  about not speaking to RTE.  It  would also indicate they don't really have a choice in the matter. It deprives them an opportunity for promotion, sponsors and even career offers. Meanwhile Mickey promotes SKY and it is obvious where that is going... 

Mikhailov

Quote from: Snapchap on September 09, 2015, 09:55:26 AM

While I also heard there were issues with the sponsors in regards what Mickey Harte wore on Sky Sports interviews, it's incorrect to say he didn't wear the McAleer & Rushe gear at all on Sky.

I'm not sure exactly how many Tyrone games were on Sky, but after the Monaghan game, he wore the McAleer & Rushe top:
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/gaa/9942396/tyrone-triumph-over-monaghan

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/gaa/9963180/harte-we-gave-it-our-all

Going by the interview footage after the Kerry game, I don't see any logo/name for the hotel you mention, nor can I see such a photo/video anywhere showing him wearing anything with a hotel brand on it.

In fairness to UTM, I have heard these stories also and have also seen footage/photos of MH wearing a Carton House hat before now (admittedly his brother-in-law owns the hotel) but the real issue is not promoting McAleer and Rushe - nowhere in these 2 photos above can the logo be identified clearly

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 09, 2015, 01:39:14 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 09, 2015, 09:55:26 AM

In fairness to UTM, I have heard these stories also and have also seen footage/photos of MH wearing a Carton House hat before now (admittedly his brother-in-law owns the hotel) but the real issue is not promoting McAleer and Rushe - nowhere in these 2 photos above can the logo be identified clearly

I really don't see the sponsors being that dictatorial on having their logo I post match interviews when a lot of people have turned off their tvs. Tyrone made an All Ireland semi this year above most people's expectations. McAleer and Rushe should be thrilled with that. 4 live Championship games with their brand being exposed.

I think it's a load of rubbish being spouted and I don't believe for one minute the sponsors are applying any sort of pressure.

winghalfback

plenty of options to replace harte who said it had to be an inside man. what about malachy o rourke ryan porter dominic corrigan brian mc ivor paul mc ivor damien cassidy to name a few.
I am hearing a few eastern mens names mentioned for the minor job. O hagan mc cabe and lawn all being talked about

longballin

Tyrone wont take an outside man. That's the policy. Would like to see Peter Canavan with Paddy Tally..

Tommo2

Quote from: winghalfback on September 09, 2015, 03:51:08 PM
plenty of options to replace harte who said it had to be an inside man. what about malachy o rourke ryan porter dominic corrigan brian mc ivor paul mc ivor damien cassidy to name a few.
I am hearing a few eastern mens names mentioned for the minor job. O hagan mc cabe and lawn all being talked about

Ryan Porter????? Hardly covered himself in glory at Croke Park this year!!

redzone

Couldn't see Paul  mcIvor or Cassidy been let take one of dev squads never mind senior team. Dom Corrigan no chance. Really only orouke could take it on.
As for the minors o hagan and lawn would certainly be well fit for it. Is that Kevin McCabe ure on about? What is is credentials?

rrhf

omaghjoe

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 09, 2015, 04:58:51 PM

Ryan Porter????? Hardly covered himself in glory at Croke Park this year!!

Quite.

He may be tight with the Dromore fellas, and maybe the Omagh ones too, but I suspect his willingness to take up the role of hatchet man cheerleader with Monaghan would be a bitter pill to swallow for many a Tyrone player... and supporter too!
Malachy on the other hand has been the epitome of a gentleman on the sideline and I would gladly seem him take the promotion from his current position to managing the minors.