Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Casement's bound to be a cert?

If things had've clicked for Cross today they would have won that by 10 or more, I thought they were a bit disjointed and made alot of basic errors early on, totally dominated the 2nd half, but never really looked home and hosed until very late on.  A good way to be moving on I suppose, plenty to work on and surely a big ask of Kilcoo in the final.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Dubh driocht on November 18, 2012, 05:26:20 PM
Their underage commitment in Down has been the stuff of legend for the last 10 years.

Its going back much longer than that... yer looking at 20 years!  :)

Great result the day - thats all built on the foundations laid by Gerry Laverty, Gerry Kane, Jerome, Sean-Mick, Marty, big Barney, Sharky, Seamus McClean and many others.

i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 18, 2012, 04:11:29 PM

Sensible option would be for the clubs to toss for newry or armagh surely?

Surprisingly I'd probably prefer Armagh - despite it being 'away' for us. Ye have covered stands on both sides of the pitch.
i usse an speelchekor

MK

Was this not the case last year-where Cross won  the toss thus they played Burren in Armagh.
Therefore,surely home advantage should be returned?

MK

Quote from: hardstation on November 18, 2012, 05:34:45 PM
That's a very bad result for St. Galls and a big step backwards.

Really hard to see them cutting the mustard outside of Antrim in the near future.

Cross are always improving and I think Kilcoo will only improve. I'm not sure there is much more in St. Galls.

That loss will be a real kick in the stones for them.
Arriving 25mins before throw in was hardly ideal preparation-one wag commented that Galls were sufferin from jet-lag in the 1st half!

bennydorano

Quote from: MK on November 18, 2012, 05:43:45 PM

Was this not the case last year-where Cross won  the toss thus they played Burren in Armagh.
Therefore,surely home advantage should be returned?
Thats the way it works too, Gents in Cross.

yellowcard

Another clinical display from Cross, never felt as though they were ever gonna lose the match. Errigal have some good players and played reasonably well but Cross are a team on a mission and that's to be definitively recognised as the best club team ever. Though how McConville got MOTM was most peculiar, a large degree of sentimentalism I'd imagine.

Never seen the other semi-final but I wasn't surprised to see Kilcoo coming out on top. Jim McCorry has done some job with that side and they are notoriously hard to penetrate defensively. It will be a contrast of styles in the final. Cross with their long kicking attacking game against Kilcoo with their defensive risk free football. Football v Anti Football and I think the football will win out. 

dundrumite

Quote from: hardstation on November 18, 2012, 05:58:56 PM
Quote from: MK on November 18, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Really hard to see them cutting the mustard outside of Antrim in the near future.

Cross are always improving and I think Kilcoo will only improve. I'm not sure there is much more in St. Galls.

Arriving 25Min's before throw in was hardly ideal preparation-one wag commented that Galls were sufferin from jet-lag in the 1st half!

That is strange alright but they were winning at HT!!

Lads when our club played at Athletics ground couple of weeks ago unbeknown to us we weren't allowed to warm up on field and had to warm up on gravel car park. Perhaps St Galls warmed up else where and arrived at the ground after. I find it hard to believe that it's a case of rocking up, changed and play.

yellowcard

Quote from: dundrumite on November 18, 2012, 06:26:46 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 18, 2012, 05:58:56 PM
Quote from: MK on November 18, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Arriving 25Min's before throw in was hardly ideal preparation-one wag commented that Galls were sufferin from jet-lag in the 1st half!

That is strange alright but they were winning at HT!!

Lads when our club played at Athletics ground couple of weeks ago unbeknown to us we weren't allowed to warm up on field and had to warm up on gravel car park. Perhaps St Galls warmed up else where and arrived at the ground after. I find it hard to believe that it's a case of rocking up, changed and play.

Yeah I'd say thats what happened. Sure wasn't there an Ulster IFC semi-final between Warrenpoint and Aghagallon played before the senior semi-final. They probably warmed up on Harps or Ogs pitch.

Saffrongael

I wonder will ONeill still try and convince us that Galls would beat Cross if both teams had all their players fit.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

StGallsGAA

St Galls somehow manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!? I am dumbfounded!

Those Cross boyos never nothing to learn.  Peter Harte, the player of the game in the first have clinically taken out of it by 3 heavy, cardable challenges. Cross really did a job on him and by the end he could barely walk, never mind play  Not nice to see.

manballandall

Wind your neck in galls. Didn't see anything wrong with the game at all. Great first half by both teams but cross showed their class and experience in the second half and could have won by more. Errigal are a class act but ran out of steam.

crossfire

Galls
It's not ladies football. ???

Rois

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 18, 2012, 08:03:10 PM

Oisin wasn't MoTM, I think was chosen by the commentary team and whoever was with the commentator was hugely annoying even in Irish and I couldn't understand a word. 

Mark Harte? I could understand every word.

bennydorano

Cross 1/4 Kilcoo 7/2 (William Hill) 17/2 draw.

6/5 for the All Ireland with PP (Crokes 3/1)