Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Moonshine on September 29, 2019, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 29, 2019, 05:39:29 PM
Watching this on Tyrone TV, a number of points at ht.

1. Who is the Carmen mouthpiece on sideline? Hasn't stopped all fecking game.

2. That was an utter joke of a black card

3. Some bloody finish by young Canavan. Petey Harte's point at the end very impressive, too.

4. O'Neill Park is a an absolute dump. Has the ground changed in past 30 years? Plus the field is in brutal condition, terrible choice for a senior semi final.

That mouthpiece was their chairman. Dungannon was a disgrace of a venue for game. I'd say it's the worst pitch in Tyrone. Canavan and Harte were a joy to watch

Really? He has some set of lungs on him!

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on September 29, 2019, 09:16:17 PM
Big question remains....Is Ballygawley in West Tyrone?
I think it stretches into east, west and South Tyrone. It may even have its own time zone!

Tyrone95

Disappointed with tonight's result but definitely a few positives to take away from it. I thought we were probably the better team in the second half and had ample opportunities to take the game to errigal- we missed a few handy ones in front of the posts and were unlucky when the ball was cleared off the line twice.

Harte with a few monster free kicks at crucial times in the game was probably the difference between the sides- not taking anything away from Canavans goal as that was something else. If im being totally honest I have a feeling Tiffy and co just felt that if they turned up today they would see us off so I'm glad the lads proved otherwise and showed us that there is potential there to take it to another level in the coming years.

What was the verdict on the referee tonight from ones watching on TTV? I think everyone around us at the match couldn't get understand a few of Shane's calls. Strange

on the sideline

Who is managing Trillick? Is it Liam Donnelly or Nigel Seanie? Just seen Donnelly's interview on teamtalk, but thought Seanie was the main man?

DEL

Sitting on the night shift thoroughly depressed backed Coalisland to go back to back want to be but what a game. Fantastic from both teams 100% effort and commitment. Thought Coalisland had a few great goal chances and had they taken one of them would have won. Few strange changes from the line certainty didn't help. Thought big McGahan could have featured earlier. Despite enjoying game I'm gutted!! Game after in Dungannon swimming pool was poor in comparison. Trillick can focus on Harte and young Canavan and win comfortable. -4 what odds? Need to recovered here 😂

Moonshine

Quote from: LeoMc on September 29, 2019, 09:34:25 PM
I think it stretches into east, west and South Tyrone. It may even have its own time zone!

Is that bus parked up yet LeoMc? Was mcgahan the last drop off to killyman

Moonshine

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 29, 2019, 11:11:37 PM
Disappointed with tonight's result but definitely a few positives to take away from it. I thought we were probably the better team in the second half and had ample opportunities to take the game to errigal- we missed a few handy ones in front of the posts and were unlucky when the ball was cleared off the line twice.

Harte with a few monster free kicks at crucial times in the game was probably the difference between the sides- not taking anything away from Canavans goal as that was something else. If im being totally honest I have a feeling Tiffy and co just felt that if they turned up today they would see us off so I'm glad the lads proved otherwise and showed us that there is potential there to take it to another level in the coming years.

What was the verdict on the referee tonight from ones watching on TTV? I think everyone around us at the match couldn't get understand a few of Shane's calls. Strange

No one had any doubt what carrickmore were going to bring yesterday. They have made massive improvements this year under daly and they will continue to make big strides under him. It was just great to see another battle with yourselves it was liking rolling the years back..

Ref was average at best the 2 black cards were not blacks. But it probably evened itself out over course of hour as a few of your defenders were lucky not to have picked up cards early doors. Another battle ahead thursday night now too

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: Moonshine on September 29, 2019, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 29, 2019, 05:39:29 PM
Watching this on Tyrone TV, a number of points at ht.

1. Who is the Carmen mouthpiece on sideline? Hasn't stopped all fecking game.

2. That was an utter joke of a black card

3. Some bloody finish by young Canavan. Petey Harte's point at the end very impressive, too.

4. O'Neill Park is a an absolute dump. Has the ground changed in past 30 years? Plus the field is in brutal condition, terrible choice for a senior semi final.

That mouthpiece was their chairman. Dungannon was a disgrace of a venue for game. I'd say it's the worst pitch in Tyrone. Canavan and Harte were a joy to watch

Fairly harsh on Dungannon there. Grounds are no worse then Pomeroys for facilities and parking and can't think of anywhere else outside Omagh that would have held that crowd. Pitch is poor, probably worst in Tyrone and shouldn't have had a reserve game on beforehand.

Thought the match was poor overall. Errigal had that bit of class. Wing half back (Allison?) for Carmen was good I thought but their older boys looked their age. Think they should go and let the young boys at it. No other way to see if they're ready. Might mean a year or two of defeats but they'll learn. Canavan always looked dangerous when he got the ball but didn't get it enough. Ref was woeful and think Trillick will win by 3 or 4 in the final.

LeoMc

Quote from: Moonshine on September 30, 2019, 07:36:39 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 29, 2019, 09:34:25 PM

Is that bus parked up yet LeoMc? Was mcgahan the last drop off to killyman
??? You would have to ask someone from Coalisland those questions.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: LeoMc on September 29, 2019, 07:15:28 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 29, 2019, 03:09:16 PM
The O'Neill cup now guaranteed to head back West where it belongs and all the East Tyrone pretenders are back in their boxes! ;D
Classy post. Coalisland unlucky to lose their title after a great game of football played in the right spirit.
Only west when it suits you.. slabber

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 30, 2019, 09:38:31 AM
Following on from the weekends results, great games. All in all though Errigal wont fear Trillick and Trillick wont fear Errigal, so i fear come the 13th October it could be a dead rubber. Unfortunately.
How does that mean it will be a dead rubber if both teams don't fear each other???

GJL

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 30, 2019, 09:58:56 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 30, 2019, 09:49:07 AM
Following on from the weekends results, great games. All in all though Errigal wont fear Trillick and Trillick wont fear Errigal, so i fear come the 13th October it could be a dead rubber. Unfortunately.
How does that mean it will be a dead rubber if both teams don't fear each other???

could be a write off, both teams will have no fire in the belly - no bite

Really? Strange way to look at it.

I don't think either team will lack bite in a county final...

RedHand88

This is a standard gaaboard post.

GetOverTheBar

I think topofthesoil might be saying these things for a reaction....

Two best teams in the final - should be a good one, expecting Trillick to go on and do it from here but you get the feeling Errigal need it more.

Coalisland looked a tired team at the end of the game yesturday. Might be the end for a few of their elder players. Lee Brennan display of place kicking was the difference in the end.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GJL on September 30, 2019, 10:07:31 AM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 30, 2019, 09:58:56 AM

could be a write off, both teams will have no fire in the belly - no bite

Really? Strange way to look at it.

I don't think either team will lack bite in a county final...
Very pessimistic view, his club must be used to losing big games due to lack of fire in the belly or something...