2016 Championship draw......A & B Qualifers

Started by tippabu, October 19, 2015, 03:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Nightmare trip dragging us up to cavan to play derry.....over 3hr drive from south tipp. Surely sense wouldve played it in parnell park, dublin.....motorway for both sets of fans and a nuetral province

joemamas

Quote from: tippabu on July 18, 2016, 02:18:59 PM
Nightmare trip dragging us up to cavan to play derry.....over 3hr drive from south tipp. Surely sense wouldve played it in parnell park, dublin.....motorway for both sets of fans and a nuetral province

You do know it is the GAA that do the schedule, not some person with common sense.
Fast forward two weeks in Croke Park,

Mayo V Westmeath
Donegal V Cork

Galway V winner
Kerry V winner

lucky to be 30k at each, where am I going with this, the GAA knew for past six months that Dublin would not be playing this weekend, why didn't they just give tickets away to weaker footballing counties to give their U16 on down a day out in croke park.

It would serve two purposes.

1. Create an atmosphere in Croke Park. Stinks being there when place is two thirds empty.
2. Promote the games in counties where the gap is for the most part is getting bigger and bigger.

Somehow I get the feeling that the GAA in Croke Park are measuring themselves on their financial results year over year, and not on truly promoting the games.

Lazer

Derry to Dublin is over 3 hours too!

Derry to Cavan is about 2 - 2 & 1/2 hours

Thurles to Cavan is 2 & 1/2 hours.

So seems reasonably fair
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

aontroim abu

None of the qualifiers are on RTE, all to be shown live on Sky!!!!!!!!

WTFFFFFF???????

Walter Cronc

Quote from: aontroim abu on July 18, 2016, 03:28:42 PM
None of the qualifiers are on RTE, all to be shown live on Sky!!!!!!!!

WTFFFFFF???????

crictv stream ;)

tippabu

Quote from: Lazer on July 18, 2016, 03:09:39 PM

So seems reasonably fair

Didnt realise derry dublin was that far.

Derry to cavan is 135km......clonmel to cavan is 239km. Pretty much all tipp support is from clonmel and surrounding areas in the south. Anyway, it is what it is, it would be a hell of a lot worse if we had nowhere to travel to this weekend.

Just out of interest, cant really recall derry playing much in cavan, maybe the league but have ye played there often recently?

southderryman

Quote from: tippabu on July 18, 2016, 03:54:32 PM

So seems reasonably fair

Derry to cavan is 135km......clonmel to cavan is 239km. Pretty much all tipp support is from clonmel and surrounding areas in the south. Anyway, it is what it is, it would be a hell of a lot worse if we had nowhere to travel to this weekend.

Just out of interest, cant really recall derry playing much in cavan, maybe the league but have ye played there often recently?

We've played there last weekend

Before that the last championship match I can remember us playing there was against laois in 2007

Possibly played more recent league or mckenna cup games there but I can't remember them

TheOptimist

Quote from: southderryman on July 18, 2016, 03:59:20 PM

So seems reasonably fair

Before that the last championship match I can remember us playing there was against laois in 2007

Possibly played more recent league or mckenna cup games there but I can't remember them

Only team to beat Cavan in Cavan this year was Derry, twice

southderryman

Quote from: TheOptimist on July 18, 2016, 04:41:18 PM

So seems reasonably fair

True. Although i wouldn't read much into that, arguably their tougher games were away.... Tyrone for example.

JoG2

So seems reasonably fair

Twas a beautiful evening too for  the Laois game.  P Bradley took Tom Kelly to the cleaners and Collie Devlin had his best game in a Derry shirt imo. 

screenexile

So seems reasonably fair

Aye but it's only just over 2 hours for us non City wans!!

tippabu

So seems reasonably fair

Ah jaysus....ye'll have no trouble with little old tipperary so!! Be a long trip home from yer new home venue ;)

southderryman

Quote from: JoG2 on July 18, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

So seems reasonably fair

Twas a beautiful evening too for  the Laois game.  P Bradley took Tom Kelly to the cleaners and Collie Devlin had his best game in a Derry shirt imo.

Agree with that.
Paul Murphy was absolutely superb in that game too. (Should never have been subbed against dublin in the quarter final either).
Was a fairly high scoring game, both teams having a real go.

southderryman

Quote from: tippabu on July 18, 2016, 04:52:38 PM

So seems reasonably fair

Ah jaysus....ye'll have no trouble with little old tipperary so!! Be a long trip home from yer new home venue ;)

Nice try :D

Ye knocked out cork, put 2-10 past kerry and have had some really good underage teams recently. Very much a 50/50 game

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick