Connacht U20 and U17 championships 2024

Started by Cunny Funt, January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Good start for Sligo 1-2 to 0-2 ahead after 15 minutes
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

Great second goal by Sligo. This feels the exact same as last year's Connacht final against Roscommon. Sligo playing way smarter football. Maybe Sheridan's tactics will bore Sligo to sleep??

Blowitupref

Half time Sligo 2-3 Mayo 0-8. Nothing between these sides as the scoreline suggests.

45 mins played Mayo with a slender lead 0-10 to 2-3

Congratulations to Sligo some second half Sligo 4-4 Mayo 1-12
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

I don't know how we won that but I don't give a shyte as long as we did.

We played better with 14 men but we looked terrible for 25 minutes of the second half.  This is the first time we have won Connacht at U20 (or U21)  so we'll take the win but there is a lot of work to do.  Some poor passing, running into tackles, bad shot decisions etc but we will worry about that tomorrow - today is all about history.

Up Sligo
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Gael85

Crete Boom

Well done Sligo, better team won. Tightened up in the second half but weathered the storm and looked more dangerous throughout the game. Feel sorry for the Mayo lads and we have some fine players coming through but the tactics and team selection have been baffling for this season and last season so we can't complain about the returns on the field.
Great chance for Sligo to go on a historic run at the big one now!!

SLIGONIAN

Sligo Football is nuts but beautiful at times. How do you even begin to explain what happened 2nd half.

The win is all that matters. Congrats.

Backed up last year's minor Connacht title. These lads are winners and something is brewing in Sligo football.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Cunny Funt

Some drama in the final quarter of the final. Mayo 5 ahead and a man advantage but Sligo somehow managed to pull the win and first ever U20/21 title in ten final attempts out of the bag.

Congrats to Sligo

joemamas

Well done to Sligo. Only saw second half, to their credit they seemed way more intent on trying to score when they had the ball than Mayo did.

Wildweasel74

Bollocks, must be watching the highlights here, now I know who won.

Wildweasel74

Bad mistake by keeper for Sligo 3rd goal.

Wildweasel74

Ah, if the 3rd one was bad, am saying nothing about the 4th.

Wildweasel74

Haven't been in Sligo since drawing with Sligo in Div 3 a few yrs bck, some view of, Ben Bulben from that side of the field

Rossfan

Well done Sligo.
Nice to see our nicest Connacht neighbours winning it.
8 scores in 60 minutes....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM