Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: bogball88 on August 12, 2020, 11:23:59 PM
I can think of at least half a dozen players who could be starting on that fintona but for one reason or not aren't

What would unite the club, a big name coach?

GlenMan

I can think of at least half a dozen players who could be starting on that fintona but for one reason or not aren't

Even at that I think Fintona should be playing better than they are. They have a decent spine in terms of keeper, half back, midfield, half forward. They have some very good young players coming through and if they could get the likes of McCarney and McCann back they'd be going well.

bogball88

Quote from: WT4E on August 12, 2020, 11:46:55 PM
We played Fintona already and have to sat they where really poor - couple of lads testing the jerseys limits. Gotta give their players some respect that even if they aren't at the races they are turning up for the club when others aren't.

Whats happened in Drumquin - last few years they been bottom or nearly bottom. New recruits or youth coming through..... Moel Donnelly back doing press ups at half time?
He is gone. Could part explain their turn of fortunes

omagh_gael

Niall Glackin is the Drumquin manager this year, great to see them going well.

on the sideline

Quote from: Under Lights on August 13, 2020, 07:04:18 AM

What would unite the club, a big name coach?

A change of attitude. There's a generation of players in Fintona from the age of bracket of say 25-30 who should be their main men, but who are more interested in a party boy lifestyle than football.  Their decision, but that's at least half a team who have made themselves unavailable due to a lack of commitment/attitude.

Onthe40

considering the numbers at underage this past 10 years Fintona as a club would need to look at where their going wrong.. I recall being at an u10 blitz 7-8 years ago and Fintona had 4 x u10 teams at it
They seem to pride themselves more on u8 and u10 success as opposed to further up the ranks

on the sideline

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 13, 2020, 11:25:43 AM
considering the numbers at underage this past 10 years Fintona as a club would need to look at where their going wrong.. I recall being at an u10 blitz 7-8 years ago and Fintona had 4 x u10 teams at it
They seem to pride themselves more on u8 and u10 success as opposed to further up the ranks

In fairness to them they have put in a serious amount of work at underage level and it's showing. At a stage they were competing in grade 3 or 4 at all youth levels and now they're competing in grades 1 and 2. I know their u10 & 12 age groups have being travelling to tournaments all over Ulster and winning (not that that's the be all and end all at that age but still a good sign). They're building towards the future, which with the malaise in their senior teams this past few years is something they've had to do. I wouldn't knock them for that. The big issue that they'll have to get past is the transition from say 17/18 into the senior setup and what the culture of the senior panel will be when the young lads start entering it and what example they'll set...

GetOverTheBar

No sign of the Local Expert the year  :(

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 13, 2020, 01:11:50 PM
No sign of the Local Expert the year  :(

He mustn't have got a ticket in the big draw.

No doubt he'll be here at around 8.30 if/when they win.

Tyrone95

Full house expected in Edendork if stories are to be believed... Cherry pickers/Telehandlers etc may also be spotted for the die hards. Be interesting to see how it is handled and a benchmark set for other clubs to follow in hosting games. 

DWT

Quote from: WT4E on August 12, 2020, 11:46:55 PM
We played Fintona already and have to sat they where really poor - couple of lads testing the jerseys limits. Gotta give their players some respect that even if they aren't at the races they are turning up for the club when others aren't.

Whats happened in Drumquin - last few years they been bottom or nearly bottom. New recruits or youth coming through..... Moel Donnelly back doing press ups at half time?

A mixture of youth players coming through and a few lads who where in England back playing. Noel Donnelly was involved with the Senior team in 17, 18 & 19. Not much success but a lot of young lads got plenty of Senior football. Niall Glackin is managing this year and a huge effort has went in. They where robbed blind against Urney and should be sitting undefeated, granted with still some tough games ahead in the league. A lot of effort has gone into youth in the Club, its the same everywhere, and standards are improving. When you have small numbers its very difficult to remain competitive. Its been a long way down from Senior football in the late 90s and its a long way back up again but they are going in the right direction.

At times people underestimate how difficult it is to function as a Club with limited numbers, some of the comments on here have been demeaning towards Drumquin and other small Clubs but that says a lot more about those making them than the Clubs who are the butt of a poor joke. Its taken a long time but a second sand carpet pitch with match standard lights and a third pitch for youth games is under development plus a new community gym at the edge of the Clubs grounds.

Moonshine

Is Peter Donnelly wearing oven gloves.

omagh_gael

Fianna streamed the game on facebook, I'm sure the county board wont be too happy as there were over 200 watching it.

Thought it was a very enjoyable game myself, great start to the senior championship.

Localexpert

Wow after the crap year what a great night against our dear rivals.  4 championship wins in a row now for us and they still continue to go with the big money outside men wonder will they change it up now?

Didn't get a ticket to the game but thankfully got through a hole in the fence that appeared last night.  Heard Stevey mcdoll$r tell the lads during his motivational one at the end they'll be training again at the weekend, but I suppose his contract is by the hour so he'll definitely be first on the field last to leave.

Anyway plenty of time for the speaking now https://www.stevenmcdonnell.ie

ONeill

Still some football in Plunkett Kane.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.