Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Bring on the scousers... change the title of the thread to roll on season 2010/2011 ...  :'(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

DirtyDozen12

Really enjoyed the game tonight thought it was gripping stuff to be honest.  United started like a house on fire, Bayern couldnt handle nani or Valencia on the wings and Rooney was brillaint at holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game (see Gibsons goal for reference on this).  For the first 35 minutes United where dominate and it looked like how many it would be, they where working like trojans chasing down Bayern players and not giving them a minute to settle on the peil at all. 

You have to give credit where credit is due though, with about 10 minutes to go in the first half Bayern really got a hold of themselves and started to play a bit after the shell-shock of going 3 goals down.  Fair play to them, a lesser team would have thrown the head up and said f**k this, 3-0 down in old Trafford, damage limitation job here, but they didnt, Bayern started to get Ribery and Robben more invloved and Lamh started to attack a bit.  Olic also started to throw his weight about and got rewarded, abliet with some shocking defending from carrick who in my opnion is a shocking player and no where near good enough to play Lar Naparka for United.  The sending off had a profound impact but again Bayern where outstanding in their ball retention, however still, to me, i though Nani and Valencia looked like they could catch them on the break.  Robben scored a wonder strike but something had to give with the pressure they where under.  Hard tp defend solid for 40 minutes with no real posession.  All in all a really good game but over the 2 legs i think the best team won.  Think the Germans had that extra bit of quality where it mattered.

I will once again show my quote i said a few weeks ago when the draw for this tie was made and everyone was buying their plane tickets for Madrid.

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 30, 2010, 09:54:04 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 19, 2010, 02:19:45 PM
Underestimate the Germans at your peril.  this will not be an easy tie, Bayern will be stiff opposition, they have a right bit of quality in their team.

NEVER WRITE OFF THE GERMANS.

You heard it here first.

Hate to say I told you.....no wait I Dont  ;D ;D ;D ;D  get in there Bayern.

Rooney off with a broken foot also, could it all go pear shaped for United?  Bayern where the better side, more quality than United.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Boycey

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on April 07, 2010, 10:15:01 PM
Really enjoyed the game tonight thought it was gripping stuff to be honest.  United started like a house on fire, Bayern couldnt handle nani or Valencia on the wings and Rooney was brillaint at holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game (see Gibsons goal for reference on this).  For the first 35 minutes United where dominate and it looked like how many it would be, they where working like trojans chasing down Bayern players and not giving them a minute to settle on the peil at all. 

You have to give credit where credit is due though, with about 10 minutes to go in the first half Bayern really got a hold of themselves and started to play a bit after the shell-shock of going 3 goals down.  Fair play to them, a lesser team would have thrown the head up and said f**k this, 3-0 down in old Trafford, damage limitation job here, but they didnt, Bayern started to get Ribery and Robben more invloved and Lamh started to attack a bit.  Olic also started to throw his weight about and got rewarded, abliet with some shocking defending from carrick who in my opnion is a shocking player and no where near good enough to play Lar Naparka for United.  The sending off had a profound impact but again Bayern where outstanding in their ball retention, however still, to me, i though Nani and Valencia looked like they could catch them on the break.  Robben scored a wonder strike but something had to give with the pressure they where under.  Hard tp defend solid for 40 minutes with no real posession.  All in all a really good game but over the 2 legs i think the best team won.  Think the Germans had that extra bit of quality where it mattered.

I will once again show my quote i said a few weeks ago when the draw for this tie was made and everyone was buying their plane tickets for Madrid.

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 30, 2010, 09:54:04 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 19, 2010, 02:19:45 PM
Underestimate the Germans at your peril.  this will not be an easy tie, Bayern will be stiff opposition, they have a right bit of quality in their team.

NEVER WRITE OFF THE GERMANS.

You heard it here first.

Hate to say I told you.....no wait I Dont  ;D ;D ;D ;D  get in there Bayern.

Rooney off with a broken foot also, could it all go pear shaped for United?  Bayern where the better side, more quality than United.

Self praise is no praise, or so my mother used to say ;)

Minder

I think the thread title should be updated to include the three defeats since the win against Liverpool.

Oh Ross4life, where are all the smiley faces now?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sammymaguire

Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2010, 10:21:03 PM
I think the thread title should be updated to include the three defeats since the win against Liverpool.

they won the game tonight MINDER
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bensars

Although Dunphy may have gone over the top, his has  a point. This may be a very significant night for United in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand a massive night for Bayern and the fact that due to the finacial restrictions of the Bundesliga they are debt free and attracting investment. Saying that there are a few english clubs in severe financial crisis and the days of having a few clubs in the last 4 of the CL will be a long time coming around again.

Norf Tyrone

Loved the how quickly the 'Chelsea rent boy' chants died out tonight!  ;D

Nice one agent Robben!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Not sure what cost united more now looking back?

injury time winner in the first leg or the Rafael sending off tonight

for the first 40Min's was the best i seen them play this season

still proud just wasn't to be! it's cup competition & you need luck along the way

i can't see Bayern (lucky) getting past lyon as they are a decent side unlike them

P.S at least united finished the season with a cup unlike Arsenal & man city among others

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sammymaguire

UNITED PLAYED WITH 10 MEN as soon as Rooney tweaked his ankle in the first half, 20 mins in or whatever it was and sad thing is Fergie opted for 1/4 fit Rooney than chance Berbs so soon in the match, that speaks volumes

Inter v Bayern final for me now lads, Mourinho will get one over on his past employers and van Gaal's men too canny for a very average Lyon
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ross4life

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 07, 2010, 10:22:08 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2010, 10:21:03 PM

they won the game tonight MINDER

lol  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2010, 10:31:00 PM

still proud just wasn't to be! it's cup competition & you need luck along the way

i can't see Bayern (lucky) getting past lyon as they are a decent side unlike them

P.S at least united finished the season with a cup unlike Arsenal & man city among others

So we can assume from the deafening silence that toss4life and his manc hoardes have no problem with the purple faced fuhrer's behaviour after tonights game?  Are we to assume that all manc 'fans' condone zenophobia?

ross4life

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on April 07, 2010, 10:39:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2010, 10:31:00 PM

So we can assume from the deafening silence that toss4life and his manc hoardes have no problem with the purple faced fuhrer's behaviour after tonights game?  Are we to assume that all manc 'fans' condone zenophobia?

united are out so crawl back into the hole from where you came

From the Bunker

A picture to cheer up some down Man u fans.

Bensars

In fairness its better for United to exit at this stage than to be totally outclassed by Barcelona if they managed to get through to the final.

All i'll say is that wouldnt have happened under Big Ron