AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Mayo County Board selling tickets to companies in the area for €590 each. Got to keep that training fund topped up.

thebackbar1

Quote from: StephenC on September 01, 2021, 03:47:48 PM
Mayo County Board selling tickets to companies in the area for €590 each. Got to keep that training fund topped up.
Supposedly the contractors working on mchale park are refusing to accept facebook likes in lieu of payment hence the need for cash.

Jayop

Got to say I'm happy enough it's not Gough for the final for the sake of the game. He's far too fussy for a high intensity game like this. AFAIK both teams have been reffed by Joe once this year, Tyrone Vs Donegal and Mayo Vs Roscommon. In the Donegal game I think Joe was pretty good to Tyrone, we got a few handy ones and maybe got away with a few too, although he did give a black card and a penalty that I still don't know how he got to that decision. The Murphy sending off I think he was left with no choice so in balance probably about even.

I think any football fan if they come out after a match and think the ref was about even for both teams that's all you can ask for given the poor standard they are at the moment.

rrhf

I think the ref will do fine, he has the big game experience, Mayo fans gave him a lot of bad stick over the years and in many opinions blaming referees became a feature of Mayo football, a key feature of teams not addressing the core issues as to why they were beat and  thankfully they have moved on and are a much better proposition for it.   It is a big day for the players, supporters, for referees and you have to wish him well, both teams are good and hardy footballing teams and mind their own business,  so it should be a great final..no excuses... 

Jayop

Quote from: rrhf on September 01, 2021, 04:45:19 PM
I think the ref will do fine, he has the big game experience, Mayo fans gave him a lot of bad stick over the years and in many opinions blaming referees became a feature of Mayo football, a key feature of teams not addressing the core issues as to why they were beat and  thankfully they have moved on and are a much better proposition for it.   It is a big day for the players, supporters, for referees and you have to wish him well, both teams are good and hardy footballing teams and mind their own business,  so it should be a great final..no excuses...

Said without a hint of irony in a thread for a Tyrone game lol.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jayop on September 01, 2021, 04:50:17 PM

Said without a hint of irony in a thread for a Tyrone game lol.

Tyrone versus who?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jayop

Could we both be as bad as each other??

tyrone08

Quote from: Jayop on September 01, 2021, 05:18:53 PM
Could we both be as bad as each other??

I would say so lol. But there has been some horrible calls against Tyrone over the last few years. The black card and non penalty Mcquillan awarded to Donegal could have ended tyrone sessions right there and then if murphy had of scored it.

Been saying this for years but bad referring calls should not be ending teams entire season. Need more from the umpires and lines men

Conor Lane could have ended mayos season as well with his poor performance.

hoynevalley

Are Brendan Harrison and Enda Hession in contention to start for Mayo.  Will Tyrone start McShane or Canavan? Will O'Shea be moved to centre field and Tyrone weakness?

hoynevalley

If Jerome Henry was referee the Mayo folks still wouldn't be happy.  It a bit cheap from joemamas having a go at McQuillian.  Referees can't get every single decision right.

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: joemamas on September 01, 2021, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on September 01, 2021, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: joemamas on September 01, 2021, 02:21:24 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2021, 01:44:06 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2021, 01:42:18 PM
Joe McQuillan confirmed as the ref for this All-Ireland final.

Was hoping for Gough.

+1 way more assertive, McQuillan is not.
Advantage Tyrone, as he is an Ulster Referee, Tyrone will be very well aware of how far they can push the boundries, which TBH they are very good at.
Was at the game on Saturday and watched the entire game again last night , got confirmation of that.
Not a slight on Tyrone by any manner of means, as they were the better team on Saturday.

Dublin Joe has been very generous to Mayo againat the Dubs 2012  2013 and 2015. James Horan called him out after 2011. McQuillian had no choice but to send off Don Vaughan in 2017 final.  Listen ye are favourites and have the better team. No need to be whining about referee. Some Mayo supporters are never happy 🙄🙄🙄

Just like you kerry guys and your alter egos;

Kerry for Sams
The Greatest
Eire 90
Macker 15
CK Redhand
Fear anFhiranne

your infantile wind ups' are getting very old.
The gig is up, can you please disappear from what was a very good genuine GAA Blog.
btw shit job by the MODS.

I can assure you I have nothing to do with hoynevalley and I've no idea what would given you any notion that I'm from Kerry.

J70

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 01, 2021, 05:31:53 PM

If Jerome Henry was referee the Mayo folks still wouldn't be happy.  It a bit cheap from joemamas having a go at McQuillian.  Referees can't get every single decision right.

There's a whole host of boys on this forum who are NEVER happy with any referee. Their team is ALWAYS a victim of poor refereeing, no matter the result or the circumstances.

(Not having a go at joemamas as I neither know what he said about McQuillan nor do I recall him being critical of refs on other occasions).

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 01, 2021, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: joemamas on September 01, 2021, 02:21:24 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2021, 01:44:06 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2021, 01:42:18 PM
Joe McQuillan confirmed as the ref for this All-Ireland final.

Was hoping for Gough.

+1 way more assertive, McQuillan is not.
Advantage Tyrone, as he is an Ulster Referee, Tyrone will be very well aware of how far they can push the boundries, which TBH they are very good at.
Was at the game on Saturday and watched the entire game again last night , got confirmation of that.
Not a slight on Tyrone by any manner of means, as they were the better team on Saturday.

Dublin Joe has been very generous to Mayo againat the Dubs 2012  2013 and 2015. James Horan called him out after 2011. McQuillian had no choice but to send off Don Vaughan in 2017 final.  Listen ye are favourites and have the better team. No need to be whining about referee. Some Mayo supporters are never happy 🙄🙄🙄

He absolutely did have choice. It was stupid from Vaughan, but never a red and absolutely was only given to even up the numbers
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Annoyed tbh, feel like Gough would've suited Mayo more
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 01, 2021, 05:29:07 PM
Are Brendan Harrison and Enda Hession in contention to start for Mayo.  Will Tyrone start McShane or Canavan? Will O'Shea be moved to centre field and Tyrone weakness?

Harrison only got a few minutes in extra-time the last day, so I doubt he's fit to start. Hession was very impressive when he came on with his pace and lack of fear breaking the Dublin defensive lines in that second half so he should definitely be in contention.

McShane should be sprung off the bench where he's been most effective. Canavan is very young and hasn't played much this year due to injury, so I think the Tyrone management will side with experience on the big day.

James Horan should drop O'Shea. He was a liability against Dublin with his inability to track runners. He's just not suited to the wide open spaces of Croke Park.