Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

A lad i work with has a top of the range BMW which he runs on the red stuff.

I hope he gets caught.....

Gaffer

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 02, 2011, 11:03:43 PM
A lad i work with has a top of the range BMW which he runs on the red stuff.

I hope he gets caught.....

Now why would you want that ?

Never would think of using the Red but if anyone does I hope they aren't caught out.

Good luck to them.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyronehi on February 02, 2011, 07:06:19 PM
:D:D:D:D
Dougal ask that question next week&the answer will be yes!!
nobody gona answer my questions???
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!HELP!!!!
Apparently they can detect down to 3% red in the white stuff. Sure run a bit of kero through her to clean the pipes!

tyrone girl

Your name doesnt be in the paper and the fine is £500.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 03, 2011, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: tyronehi on February 02, 2011, 07:06:19 PM
:D:D:D:D
Dougal ask that question next week&the answer will be yes!!
nobody gona answer my questions???
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!HELP!!!!
Apparently they can detect down to 3% red in the white stuff. Sure run a bit of kero through her to clean the pipes!

Only if they test it, which will only be done if the appearance is suspect.
The initial "look test" is the only reason why the mix works

tyssam5

Are you compensated for the fuel extracted and used in the testing process?

sweeper

Does anyone know what the penalties are for being caught in the north for using green diesel (ROI agricultural) as opposed to red ? Apparently they cannot seize your veichle on green but can on red. Also if you do not pay the fine and ignore the warnings they post you they cannot prosecute. Any legal heads out there know the ins and outs of this??

Candyman

In short... That's Manure!! Red, Green, Kero... You will get done for the lot!! The fine is £505 for the first offence and they'll lift the motor if you can't pay on the spot.

tyrone girl

The kero mix works though if u have it mixed right. They will only be able to tell if they take it for sampling, which they will only do if it looks dodgy. As far as im aware it looks clear when mixed with clear diesel.

haranguerer

Quote from: sweeper on February 03, 2011, 09:11:18 AM
Does anyone know what the penalties are for being caught in the north for using green diesel (ROI agricultural) as opposed to red ? Apparently they cannot seize your veichle on green but can on red. Also if you do not pay the fine and ignore the warnings they post you they cannot prosecute. Any legal heads out there know the ins and outs of this??

Its fact there used to be a loophole that they couldnt do you in the north at all if you were on green, they could dip, see green, but had to let you go on ahead.

It was changed a right while ago though, 10 yrs or so. Not sure if theres any remnants of it like above

el_cuervo_fc

Dippers outside the MOT centre in Newry at the minute

tbrick18

I heard the fine now for being caught first time is up to 2K!
Can any1 confirm one way or the other by way of experience?
Also, been told they only stay in one spot for 17 mins.

sweeper

Quote from: Candyman on February 03, 2011, 10:21:49 AM
In short... That's Manure!! Red, Green, Kero... You will get done for the lot!! The fine is £505 for the first offence and they'll lift the motor if you can't pay on the spot.
You seem pretty sure about this candyman yet I know of one person who was detected on green, did not pay a fine on the spot and did not have their veichle seized. They ignored the fine imposed and 2 years later no formal action has been taken. How is this "manure"? There must be something to it??

Candyman

BenDover

Not unless HMRC are interested in saving money via their telecommunications or do you do a bit of moonlighting?