Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Fair play to clonoe they got the goals when they were needed. It's never easy getting beat in a county final, I got beat in several myself, but that is a young Carrickmore team and they will be back, which I have no doubt about. Young mc nulty at full forward is some piece of work. All the best to the rahilliys next week  against ballintyrone

Club Rossa

Ardboe down to play a league game at the same time our minor final is on yet Errigals league game is fixed for an earlier time!!

It really defies belief.Don't know why we bother.

rrhf

Good spirit from Carmen wouldn't expect anything less and well done clonoe a great Tyrone campaign, hope they push on now and give themselves the best chance in ulster.

Tommo2

Its a shame that Clonoe only have 7 days to prepare for the Ulster Club. I believe they could beat anyone in Ulster if they were given a 2 week break. Hopefully the celebrations are over and they can go on and beat Ballinderry.

NDA

That set of fixtures is unbelievable! The CCC have spend the past couple of years passing the buck and blaming everyone else for the fixtures farce but surely that fixture list exposes exactly where the problem lies.
Incompetence, arrogance and buck passing all there for everyone to see. Clubs need to stand up now and take action. The CCC needs to be removed from office ASAP. The person who sanctioned and distributed these fixtures should resign immediately. Appoint a new temporary committee to set fixtures until the end of the year and get a new CCC in place during winter.

Club Rossa

oakleafgael

Yesterdays match was a poor spectacle for the neutrals I thought, completely bereft of any intensity or physicality with the exception of two heavy hits on Donnelly who rode them very well. The atmosphere was incredibly flat for a championship final. There seemed to be a reluctance to actually kick the ball from Clonoe which was hard to fathom as any accurate kicked passes that went into the full forward line resulted in a score.

If Clonoe play like they did yesterday Ballinderry will beat them out the gate, the hand passing from side to side waiting for the movement will be like buns to a bear. If it hadnt have been for Sluddens big arse the game could have swung in the opposite direction and the wastefulness in the first half would have haunted a lot of Clonoe men. McAliskey was very sharp for the early part of the first half but he is tries to do to much himself at times, great prospect for Tyrone next year though. The flick for the first goal was class. He is the only Clonoe man that looks cut out for county football though, some great footballers amongst the rest of them but not a lot of pace I thought.

Conor Gormley was the problem for Carmen yesterday, they needed two of him. They couldnt win a ball at midfield for far too long but he was needed to try and steady the ship in the full back line. He is still the best defender in Tyrone by quite a distance.

HUNKY DORYS

Jesus. what is going on here with club ftball. not only has the championship been run of in a month. under 16s are still playing, minors final is still to be played. reserve championship still to be played. it is the middle of october and minors and below should be finished before now irrespective of how tyrone does. they should concentrating on school and college ftball and slagging of each others club of at school. and 3 rds of senior league to be played yet which 90% of them wont be forefilled then  league semis final and promotion and relegation play offs. So we are looking at nov december desiders when pitches are in there best condition for finals and important games. Now many lads are playing all year but many dont mind but its the lads who work hard. have families etc need a break to awitch of for a while and recharge the batteries. i personally dont mind as it gets me outa the house in the evenings but i no many who are fed up with ftball now after training flat out from xmas. ftball gas changed now. pressure is on lads to be there at training matches 4/5/6 times a week. its like another job just to achieve somthing in a short playing career.     
On the other hand. congratulations to clonoe on their 8th tittle. played their system extremely well

Up The Middle

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 14, 2013, 09:56:54 AM
Yesterdays match was a poor spectacle for the neutrals I thought, completely bereft of any intensity or physicality with the exception of two heavy hits on Donnelly who rode them very well. The atmosphere was incredibly flat for a championship final. There seemed to be a reluctance to actually kick the ball from Clonoe which was hard to fathom as any accurate kicked passes that went into the full forward line resulted in a score.

If Clonoe play like they did yesterday Ballinderry will beat them out the gate, the hand passing from side to side waiting for the movement will be like buns to a bear. If it hadnt have been for Sluddens big arse the game could have swung in the opposite direction and the wastefulness in the first half would have haunted a lot of Clonoe men. McAliskey was very sharp for the early part of the first half but he is tries to do to much himself at times, great prospect for Tyrone next year though. The flick for the first goal was class. He is the only Clonoe man that looks cut out for county football though, some great footballers amongst the rest of them but not a lot of pace I thought.

Conor Gormley was the problem for Carmen yesterday, they needed two of him. They couldnt win a ball at midfield for far too long but he was needed to try and steady the ship in the full back line. He is still the best defender in Tyrone by quite a distance.

Please explain these 2 statements to the masses.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

blackball

When the ball it sluddens big arse Clonoe were on the attack and going to score anyway, It was a composed performance from Clonoe they always looked like they had another gear to go to. They did show some nerves at times but the leaders of the team stepped up and closed out the game comfortably. Cant see either team getting beat out the gate next week.

Man Marker

I think Clonoe won the championship last weekend against Errigal. Carmen self belief, pride and having a few really good players with a number of decent players pressed v hard to win the game, but when Clonoe finally got to gripe with them, they stepped it up another level to pull clear. It was almost as if everyone expected to see Clonoe won and were stupidly surprised at Carmen's resistance that effected the mood. Congratulations to Clonoe and also to Carmen as unlike Errigal last week they had dignity when loosing.

Under Lights

Quote from: HUNKY DORYS on October 14, 2013, 10:15:14 AM
Jesus. what is going on here with club ftball. not only has the championship been run of in a month. under 16s are still playing, minors final is still to be played. reserve championship still to be played. it is the middle of october and minors and below should be finished before now irrespective of how tyrone does. they should concentrating on school and college ftball and slagging of each others club of at school. and 3 rds of senior league to be played yet which 90% of them wont be forefilled then  league semis final and promotion and relegation play offs. So we are looking at nov december desiders when pitches are in there best condition for finals and important games. Now many lads are playing all year but many dont mind but its the lads who work hard. have families etc need a break to awitch of for a while and recharge the batteries. i personally dont mind as it gets me outa the house in the evenings but i no many who are fed up with ftball now after training flat out from xmas. ftball gas changed now. pressure is on lads to be there at training matches 4/5/6 times a week. its like another job just to achieve somthing in a short playing career.     
On the other hand. congratulations to clonoe on their 8th tittle. played their system extremely well

That was one of the hardest read's in my history of reading.

Under Lights

Is there any reason why we cannot have the full adult fixture list from now to the end of the league? Why are they still releasing it week by week?

oakleafgael

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 14, 2013, 10:19:12 AM

Please explain these 2 statements to the masses.

When Sludden got hit with the ball Clonoe where on the attack with the chance to score a point. Carmen had just went ahead and Clonoe to me seemed to be wilting. From the restart Clonoe got a soft goal. It changed the momentum I thought.

The McNulty lad in the full forward line looks to have all the attributes of an intercounty footballer with the exception of pace, the same with Doris.

EC Unique

Ballinderry will need to have improved a lot from last year if they are to beat Clonoe out the gate. Errigal beat them last year in a close enough affair and I can tell you that Clone of 2013 are every bit as good as Errigal of 2012 and maybe even a bit better.