Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on December 02, 2018, 05:56:27 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 02, 2018, 05:54:10 AM
Told ye Wilder was rubbish.

Imagine what this fight would be if Fury was actually in shape.

He absolutely justified the hype ffs. He was outboxed for the entire fight and then absolutely floored him. Fury looked out cold at first.

That's all he needs to do at heavyweight. Nobody has ever claimed he's Sugar Ray Robinson.

Pretty clear he needed dodgy judges tonight, too. Heavy punchers are a dime a dozen.

But glad to see you take the 'argue every point' atitude even when I'm literally proven right.

Medic

Deontay Wilder Vs Tyson Fury Highlights Recap.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAaJMOrQPw8
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

bridgegael

When the fight went to the cards, Fury should have won no doubt. I don't think anyone hasn't mentioned that it seemed like a very long count in the 12th round when Fury went down. Haven't seen it back so could be wrong. Fair play to Fury, to come this far in a year. Looking forward to the rematch.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on December 02, 2018, 06:26:19 AM

He absolutely justified the hype ffs. He was outboxed for the entire fight and then absolutely floored him. Fury looked out cold at first.

That's all he needs to do at heavyweight. Nobody has ever claimed he's Sugar Ray Robinson.

Pretty clear he needed dodgy judges tonight, too. Heavy punchers are a dime a dozen.

But glad to see you take the 'argue every point' atitude even when I'm literally proven right.

He almost won a fight he was clearly losing with one punch. That's been the arguement about him stepping up in competition his entire career.

As usual, you're not right but rather prove yourself to know absolutely nothing about yet another subject you insist on pontificating about.

bennydorano

Didn't get my lazy arse outa bed to watch it live, watched extended highlights there and they aren't as  really damming of Wilder as the live fight presumably was. Fair play to Fury I've had plenty of doubts about him but he's a quality operator, Wilder is a puncher who seems to gas very quickly for such a light heavyweight.

It'll be interesting to see the dynamic now in the Heavyweight Division, Eddie Hearn wouldn't have liked that outcome!

I was also watching thinking Usyck would beat the pair of these boys.

screenexile

I watched it with dodgy Russian commentary this morning but when has being difficult to hit been the basis for winning a fight??

Fury barely touched Wilder the whole fight and Wilder had 2 knockdowns which should be a 4 point advantage... apart from that the fight was quite even in terms of what landed for both so I would have given Wilder the shout.

Good scrap though!!

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2018, 10:16:34 AM
I watched it with dodgy Russian commentary this morning but when has being difficult to hit been the basis for winning a fight??

Fury barely touched Wilder the whole fight and Wilder had 2 knockdowns which should be a 4 point advantage... apart from that the fight was quite even in terms of what landed for both so I would have given Wilder the shout.

Good scrap though!!
Fury hit him plenty. Jabbed the face off him the whole fight ffs.

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on December 02, 2018, 06:26:19 AM

You're not wise. You go to the ludicrous extreme of calling Wilder 'rubbish' and then attempt to take the higher ground  ;D

JoG2

Enjoyed the fight. Could have went either way. I'd say a rematch in England next summer. Some year for Fury getting back to that level.

gallsman

I'd be worried about Fury staying in shape over Christmas. Hopefully he feels hard done by and stays motivated to keep in something at least resembling shape.

Was impressed with his tank last night given what his body's gone through.

nrico2006

Fury will put a few pounds on but i doubt he will fall off the wagon again. You would expect him to be even better after having this fight too. Warren should do a Hearn and get the rematch in April.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Tyson also does a mean version of American Pie...

themac_23

Enjoyed the fight, Fury done what Fury does, dodges and counters, hes class at it, not everyones cup of team but how someone at that size, weight and build can make themselves so hard to hit is impressive, the thing about heavyweight boxing is it can just take that one shot and Wilder landed it, how Fury got up is a real credit to him just shows that although his main attribute is not getting hit he can also take the shots when they land. Im actually gutted for Fury because to all who have an idea on boxing he won that fight, i think it was Mayweather said one time, theres more to boxing than throwing punches. I like Wilder but you could tell how frustrated he was at not being able to hit fury in the opening rounds, he didint really know how to react, when they do face off again i would like to think that it'll be a different fight, Wilder will have the experience of 12 rounds with Fury and will have a better idea of how to fight, in saying that id love it to be in a big stadium in England and Fury to win.

gallsman

Alejandro Rochin, who have it to Wilder 115-111, gave Wilder the first four rounds ffs. Laughable.

Showtime interviewed Mayweather and he had Fury up 5-0 at the time. At worst it was 4-1 at that stage.

Jim Bob

Quote from: themac_23 on December 02, 2018, 12:14:25 PM

..........Wilder will have the experience of 12 rounds with Fury and will have a better idea of how to fight, in saying that id love it to be in a big stadium in England and Fury to win.

Or even better a big stadium in Ireland.......

Don't know what contract situations are like with Fury and Warren but I wonder would Del Boy Hearn have his eye on the rematch and oust Old Fish Eyes.