Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

OGS should have gone a month ago after the Liverpool game, hard to believe their not further down the line with a manager. Surely by now the imbeciles who are running the club are just bluffing with this talk of an interim manager until the end of the season, I'd like to think they've been talking to Pochettino for the last month.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2021, 01:17:34 PM
Why hasn't this guy featured a lot in the names put forward? Diego Simeone, his style of play or has he cottoned on that its not worth the hassle?

Simeone is the king of his own castle, journalists don't strongly link him to United because they know he isn't going to leave that for United.

Samuel Luckhurst started the Pochettino rumours, he did the same last year and it was based on spotting him in the same hotel as Ferguson.

I'd question his decision making if he jumps the PSG ship for United. Yes there might be some unrest with the egos and lack of involvement in transfers at PSG but that isn't going to change much if at all at United.

Jeepers Creepers

It'll be another kick in the balls for OGS if Carrick suddenly improves the team? Poch seems desperate to get back to England with his family still here. Still not sure of his credentials. Zidane I'm also not so sure about. Ten hag? only if he can bring the whole Ajax team with him. Huge decision to made by the board and no doubt they'll find some way to fk it up.

NAG1

Not just Luckhurst pushing this one, insiders in PSG have made no secret they want Zidane, so there could be a compromise reached pretty quick as Zidane is available straight away.

Poch has talked about a project at PSG but has no control over it as Leonardo calls the shots.

If there is a bigger project out there than United at the moment I dont know where it is.

Milltown Row2

Uniteds management roles are a bit like a graveyard, no one is in a rush to get into one!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 23, 2021, 01:58:41 PM
It'll be another kick in the balls for OGS if Carrick suddenly improves the team? Poch seems desperate to get back to England with his family still here. Still not sure of his credentials. Zidane I'm also not so sure about. Ten hag? only if he can bring the whole Ajax team with him. Huge decision to made by the board and no doubt they'll find some way to fk it up.

He did a very good job at Spurs.

They were in a not-too-dissimilar state to United when he took over, having recently splurged the Bale money on a rake of players, most of whom didn't work out, leaving an overall unbalanced squad. Took him a couple of seasons, but he brought through and bought some young players and put an excellent first eleven together who played decent football.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2021, 01:17:34 PM
Why hasn't this guy featured a lot in the names put forward? Diego Simeone, his style of play or has he cottoned on that its not worth the hassle?
I'd actually love him to take over and give every single player the boot up the hole they need.

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2021, 02:45:48 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 23, 2021, 01:58:41 PM

He did a very good job at Spurs.

They were in a not-too-dissimilar state to United when he took over, having recently splurged the Bale money on a rake of players, most of whom didn't work out, leaving an overall unbalanced squad. Took him a couple of seasons, but he brought through and bought some young players and put an excellent first eleven together who played decent football.
The talent is there for him at United I think he'd get them playing good football.

Cunny Funt

At least Leonardo is clued in and was a very intelligent player he's probably right if he feels PSG have a better opportunity of winning the Champions league under Zidane than Poch. it's former bankers calling the shots at United who to quote Van Gaal have zero understanding of the sport. They run the club solely from a commercially-driven perspective.

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 23, 2021, 02:55:07 PM
At least Leonardo is clued in and was a very intelligent player he's probably right if he feels PSG have a better opportunity of winning the Champions league under Zidane than Poch. it's former bankers calling the shots at United who to quote Van Gaal have zero understanding of the sport. They run the club solely from a commercially-driven perspective.
Bound to be a decent chance that the commercial end of things go tits up- you can only live off history for so long and the cold hard facts are United have won nothing worth talking about since Fergie left. Real danger of becoming the new Liverpool of the Ferguson years bleating on about all they won years ago.

I think the board recognised this with the 3 big signings in the summer and in fairness the money has been there for all managers to spend, the majority of it was wasted.

rodney trotter

Fernandes dropped for tonights game. Van Der Beek in.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 23, 2021, 03:26:38 PM
Bound to be a decent chance that the commercial end of things go tits up- you can only live off history for so long and the cold hard facts are United have won nothing worth talking about since Fergie left. Real danger of becoming the new Liverpool of the Ferguson years bleating on about all they won years ago.

I think the board recognised this with the 3 big signings in the summer and in fairness the money has been there for all managers to spend, the majority of it was wasted.

United are a global brand created mostly by Ferguson that will continue to rake in the cash for the foreseeable regardless of success on the pitch.

Have already became that Liverpool just trying to figure out what stage United are at? Probably the end of Roy Evans era although Evans side was more aesthetically pleasing team to watch and now looking to appoint a manager that might win trophies like the late GĂ©rard Houllier did.

If United had someone competent like Michael Edwards over transfers I think the days of wasting money would be over

Anyway tonights game, 4 changes out Bruno, Rashford, Matic Shaw the latter didn't travel and in Telles, Fred, De Beek and Martial

A win and United are into the knock-out stages with a game to spare, group will be in balance if a draw and Atalanta win and lose the Europa league will loom large.

yellowcard

If Carrick can qualify out of the group for CL and remain in contention for top 4 then I think they will wait on Pocchetino. Despite the media reports I don't believe for one second that he will walk out on PSG at this stage when he looks a shoe in to win his first meaningful trophy as manager and contend for the CL. And lets be honest he would be mad to do so.

It's a gamble if it goes badly wrong with Carrick but then that will apply to any interim manager who will be seen to have reduced authority which creates its own problems. The solution was obvious after the Liverpool defeat when Conte issued a come and get me plea but the Man United board do not want a strong man type figure, they want a company man so that they can still retain control.

rodney trotter

I don't see them going with Carrick for the rest of the season. They are looking at 4 or 5 potential temporary mangers if Pochettino doesn't happen now, including Valverde https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40751127.html

quit yo jibbajabba

Strong words from Scholes on bt sport, basically saying Oles back up team shouldve walked/been pushed and should be embarrassed to still be there...bit awkward youd imagine the next convo with old teammate Carrick among others...