Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 04, 2015, 11:30:53 PM
Id love to hear this voice mail  ;D
What's the general content?

I've heard quite a few lads talking about it. Few swear words, offering to meet and sort problems out like men etc. It's doing the rounds on a few building sites at be minute so hopefully I'll get a listen.

btdtgtt

The run up to this year's convention has been fantastic!
At a time without any games of note it's a daily mix of comedy and soap opera and mystery!

I'm not being frivolous - on the serious side fair play to all involved in running for positions.

cnma

Quote from: Gizzy15 on November 04, 2015, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: cnma on November 04, 2015, 11:41:23 AM
Who (else) is running for Treasurer / Ass. Treasurer?

I think PMcC may still be in with a chance, wouldn't have put his name forward if he was not sure he met the criteria  ;)

Who are "riders" for Assistant?

btdtgtt

Did he really offer to meet and sort it out like a man ;D

Sportacus

Why has current Assistant Secretary complained about another candidate contacting clubs seeking their support - What could ever be wrong with that?

Sportacus

He's been "forced to write to clubs", the other candidates letter has put him at a "disadvantage", he's writing to clubs with "huge reluctance"
That's complaining in my book. 
Why be hugely reluctant to write to clubs? Sure it's great, let the grass roots see the candidates track record and more importantly what their targets are if elected.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: blueblood on November 02, 2015, 04:44:59 PM
C11 you must be related or a member of the present regime, how can you promote an executive or certain members that have made Antrim the laughing stock of this island? The constant lies and deceitful approach of certain members over the years, the Dunsilly tenders and appointments shrouded in secrecy, the election of present hurling officials being dominated by certain individuals and their personal agendas. How can you promote officials that have either stood-by and let this happen or have been accomplices in what has occurred and ask the Gaa people of Antrim to let them pedal their own agendas for another 5years!! The old saying is the TRUTH will out eventually and i would see some people running for major cover, if certain scenarios hit the papers shortly. The wee man attends dinners and states he will not use it as an election platform and then rants on about what he welcomes and BS after BS. He was part of this for 5years how can he ask people in good faith to give them their vote after the balls ups that have been accomplished by the present executive!!!
haven't taken part in this but I've kept up to date.  This post is 110%.  And you could prob have listed more on their personal agendas.  The hole lot has to go.and can't expect to go unchallenged. Keep doing what you've always done and you'll get what you've always got.  I hope there all roaded and this truth your talking about comes out.  Deceitful shower of heurs. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

bannside

Just a matter of waiting now until early next week to see the official list of runners and riders.

As far as I can gather the "county board " have issued instructions to regional boards not to be hosting information evenings at the request of Saffron Vision. In other words placing a block from allowing club officials to educate themselves about their background and their aspirations. Seems very petty to me.

Why don't the regional boards grow a set and host their own evenings....and invite ALL those with a vested interest to come along and share an information platform. That would create a level playing field for all, wouldn't it?

There is a precedent too. I know SW Antrim invited the two potential chairmen (John Mc Sparran and Gerry Mc Clory) to come down and make their plans known in advance to interested club delegates pre election 2005.

Now I wonder why the existing county officials seem to think this is a hostile action? Why would they not embrace this opportunity exactly?

cnma

Apparently, despite convention timetable indicating that nominees would be notified by 3rd Nov, enabling them to reply by 9th, they have not been notified at 2pm on Friday 6th! How can anyone confirm or reject a nomination if they haven't been so notified? Is something underhand going on? I think rank and file members would like to be aware of this!

bannside

Can any Gaaboard poster on here confirm whether or not they have received theirs yet....lol!

culchie11

well cnma, brendanbelfast & blueblood have u received yours yet?!  8)

bannside as an election agent for the visionaries, ur bound to know that info too!

im not sure about the divisional boards being instructed not to facilitate saffron vision, more they maybe dont want to get involved in them politics as they will have to work with whoever gets the jobs!

the clubs themselves can hold such meetings, as has been carried out this week in 2 lough shore clubs, where pinky & the brain aka tony & dick have delivered the vision! fair play to them, they are getting their message out there, will it work, we will have to wait and see!

keep ur ears to ground for a shot in the arm for the old guard!!

culchie11

Quote from: hardstation on November 06, 2015, 03:28:41 PM
Culchie, have you heard any more on Pol Mac Cana's situation?

nope havent heard anymore, only what another poster said on here a few days ago that he might be back in race!
some sort of confusion over rules, he wasnt a full member so to speak at start of year but has corrected that now, i think it is something to do with the timescales.

if he is eligible he will run & if not unfortunately he wont.

blueblood

C11 havent heard yet the CS hasnt given his concenus to me yet  ;D, needs to get next Tuesdays interviews over with the 3 D***s that have been ordered on to the interview panel for New Hurling Manager (Like Turkeys for Christmas). Heard Big T E against his wishes is back on again. Mr Mcac Cana,s position is safe enough HS if he still wants it.. Fck I thought house of cards was great, nothing on this executive.. Here HS your big lad (Honey Monster)  running for VC is very quiet atm??? Bring it on Mr Barr we are all waiting and the suspense is killing me.. :-X

CentreHalfBack

Cathaoirleach (Chairperson)
Joe Edwards
Colin Donnelly
Leas-Cathaoirleach (Vice Chairperson)
Sean Fleming
Malachy Delargy
Leas-Rúnaí (Asst Secretary)
Stephen O Boyle
Terry Reilly
Cisteoir (Treasurer)
Billy Mc Larnon
Paul Mc Cann
Leas-Cisteoir (Ast Treasurer)
Gerald Mc Garry
Tyrone Eastwood
Oifigeach Caidrim Poibli  (PRO)
Sean Kelly
Brendan Mulgrew
Oifigeach Oiliuna  (Coaching)

Columb Walsh
Oifigeach Forbartha  (Development)
Frank Smyth
Jim Murray
Jim Mc Grath
Oifigeach Teanga & Cultur (Language &  Culture)
John Hart
Bronagh Lennon
Teachta Ard Comhairle (Central Council)
Phillip Christie
Danny Mc Lernon
Frank Smyth
Teachta Comhairle Uladh (2) (Ulster Council)
Alex Mc Quillan
Jim McLean
Tyrone Eastwood
New season - new reason

blueblood

C11 as we share a common link could you enlighten me as to how much is outstanding, still to be paid to players for expenses on the Hurling Team from this season, or better still can we pay it? Maybe the CC, VC or CS can write a cheque for it, they way other real geals have down for years without thought supporting this great county, or are we waiting on the 4.30 at Newmarket! After all we are all ANTRIM MEN ;)