muppet

Quote from: JoG2 on October 17, 2015, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 17, 2015, 08:55:41 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 17, 2015, 08:48:02 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 17, 2015, 08:43:02 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 17, 2015, 08:34:40 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 17, 2015, 08:17:26 PM
The boy in a bit of bother today as well I see

He celebrates with his fans,  an opposition player acts the big man towards him.  What did you want mcclean to do?

Which fans did he celebrate in front of?

He raises a fist to the away fans who've baited him all game.  In bother?  Newsworthy?  Naw

That is quite a step from what you said first up though.

As for baiting, as a small example, all those black players of the 1970s, 1980s & even into the 1990s managed to ignore far worse baiting without reacting.

Why is it always James? I know it was probably an impulsive reaction that he would rather hadn't happened, but it is newsworthy, and his club will be pissed off.

His own fans didn't sound too pissed off.  I suppose it's today's 'hate'  topic.  All aboard

Ah right.

MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

So players are expected to take dogs abuse and not react. Is this because players are supposed to be "role models" and not just lads who can run about and kick a ball?

People need to cop on. He clenched his fist to give a wee bit back to the crowd who were at him all day. Fair play to him. The abuse probably drove him on to win the game so well done idiot Sunderland fans. Hope ye go down and bring big Sham with ye.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2015, 08:58:06 AM
So players are expected to take dogs abuse and not react. Is this because players are supposed to be "role models" and not just lads who can run about and kick a ball?

People need to cop on. He clenched his fist to give a wee bit back to the crowd who were at him all day. Fair play to him. The abuse probably drove him on to win the game so well done idiot Sunderland fans. Hope ye go down and bring big Sham with ye.

Nothing really in that ..... Very hard not to react to dickheads who abuse you the whole game... You should try and be a referee... Feck it never stops, usually last game of the season you give a bit back... The look on their faces 😊

Anyway he got my bet up.. Well done lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

I did try to be a ref but they wouldn't have me! Signed up last spring and only got told about the course half an hour before it started. They only want to recruit young lads (teenagers/early twenties) who never played football in their lives.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2015, 09:42:24 AM
I did try to be a ref but they wouldn't have me! Signed up last spring and only got told about the course half an hour before it started. They only want to recruit young lads (teenagers/early twenties) who never played football in their lives.

That's mad.... You need game experience... If you've played senior at the very least you'll get some respect... Poor selection process but I suppose in soccer how many of those referees played at a decent level?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

No. It is because professional footballers are expected to be professional.

MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2015, 10:47:45 AM

No. It is because professional footballers are expected to be professional.

What does that mean? Professional doesn't mean you're not human! I'm sure there were plenty of "professionals" abusing him.

laoislad

McClean is a tool. Trouble follows him everywhere like a bad smell, mainly of his own doing.
I'm sure its not nice listening to abuse from the crowd but he isn't the only player who gets it.
You don't see other players reacting like him. He's getting well paid to kick a ball around for 90mins,he should shut the fcuk up and get on with it and stop reacting to every knob who shouts (or tweets) abuse to him
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

So the consensus is that it's ok to shout abuse at people if they are well paid and in the public eye. If the receiver of the abuse reacts in even a minor way they are the villain.

I don't accept that narrative. To me that's absolute rubbish.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on October 18, 2015, 11:10:40 AM
McClean is a tool. Trouble follows him everywhere like a bad smell, mainly of his own doing.
I'm sure its not nice listening to abuse from the crowd but he isn't the only player who gets it.
You don't see other players reacting like him. He's getting well paid to kick a ball around for 90mins,he should shut the fcuk up and get on with it and stop reacting to every knob who shouts (or tweets) abuse to him

At least he's not biting or racially abusing opponents I suppose.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2015, 11:17:08 AM

Grow up.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on October 18, 2015, 11:17:47 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2015, 11:17:08 AM

Grow up.

;D

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 18, 2015, 11:16:23 AM
So the consensus is that it's ok to shout abuse at people if they are well paid and in the public eye. If the receiver of the abuse reacts in even a minor way they are the villain.

I don't accept that narrative. To me that's absolute rubbish.
He didn't react in a minor way, he went to to the away fans to goad them.
I can guarantee if an ex United player done the same to united fans you'd be the first on here crying about it.
McClean should just get on with being the average footballer that he is.

ziggy90

McClean was dead right, don't give it if you can't take it.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

GJL

Fair play to him. The lad stands up for what he believes in.