Franko

Quote from: muppet on July 30, 2015, 03:20:45 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2015, 12:49:59 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 26, 2015, 08:52:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 07:24:48 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on July 26, 2015, 07:20:30 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 06:48:51 AM
Shouldn't he look away from the Free State flag also when the Free State Anthem is played? Especially since the removal of articles 2 & 3 in the GFA?

Or can you be pro-partition while holding strong Republican views?

Answers please, in football speak *, on a tattoo, on a wags arse, to the nearest Red Top.

* (e.g. well obviously, at the end of the day, we've got these views and he's entitled to go for the ball there...etc)

Huh? Articles 2 & 3 weren't removed in the GFA.

It was a condition of the GFA that a referendum to have them be removed be put to the people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_2_and_3_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland
Therefore it was the referendum result that did it,  not the GFA's commitment to hold a referendum.
Muppet, for a guy with pretence to superiority, looking down on McClean, you happen to  jump in with both feet and write some dumb nonsense yourself  ;D
You even make omaghjoe look smart  and that's some feat.

Oh ffs children! No GFA and we would still have articles 2 & 3. That was the quid pro quo. The 94.4% majority shows the referendum was merely a formality. So much for jumping in with nonsense.

And you accuse others of a 'pretence to superiority'.  ;D
Yet another pile of nonsenses from our aptly named Muppet.
You have a difficulty to express yourself with accuracy and clarity and in the context of  your condescending attitude to McClean you made a a serious error, which omaghjoe picked up on.
Not many would would take a bind bit of notice of what you predictably blabber on about, endlessly, in these nordie relates threads, but  in the context of yet another condescending post about republicans you fcked up and have not the moral fortitude to admit it. Whilst I am not surprised at the absence of moral courage,  I reserve the right to highlight it.

Fwiw I appreciates James' act of disengagement for what it was, a respectful act.
He didn't scratch his balls, chew gum, jump up and down stretching, feigning a careless action, he took a deliberate dignified respectful action. I don't necessarily  agree with it, but I didn't grow up in Derry with british government, british army, ruc, udr, b specials   sectarian stormont civil service, judiciary . uvf uda  etc  all  working in harmony trying to rectify me.
A "n+igger" in Alabama had more protection than a nationalist in Derry.
If it's in James' dna to act in that dignified way then i won't be poking fun at his intelligence.

But of course behind your remarkable pomposity, you didn't point out what EXACTLY my outrageous error was.

But then I don't expect you to explore that. The removal of articles 2 & 3 was a condition of the GFA no matter how much you want to pretend the facts are different.

Not a single supporter of McClean's actions is willing to address my point about his willingness to stand to attention to a partitionist anthem. Why is that?

That's because it's totally irrelevant.  My understanding is that McClean's objection to GSTQ is that it is the anthem of the country (sic) whose army and police forces (with the knowledge and backing of the Government) killed innocent people in his home town.  Your analogy would only work if the Gardai or Irish Army had done the same.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2015, 11:46:41 PM
Right I'm confused... Is Derry back to the seventies and late 80's? Get a fecking grip lads ffs... Its prospering because of the equality it never had as is the other cities towns and villages around N.I..  Won't ever been a Irish utopia but a thousand times better than the shit hole we were subjected to
.. But hey some people are sun a different yarn and believe everything they are told
Go check it out chief!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 30, 2015, 09:43:36 PM
Right I'm confused... Is Derry back to the seventies and late 80's? Get a fecking grip lads ffs... Its prospering because of the equality it never had as is the other cities towns and villages around N.I..  Won't ever been a Irish utopia but a thousand times better than the shit hole we were subjected to
.. But hey some people are sun a different yarn and believe everything they are told
Go check it out chief!!

I've been recently. Probably more recently than you I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
Go check it out chief!!

Undoubtedly you have!
But where did you visit - did you not see the post from the Derry city native?

I'm avoiding the place tbh but could find out handy enough.
But given tickles post and the resurgence of inla - I know it's not all sweetness and light up around top of the hill on waterside or in creggan and rosemount estates

How else would the inla get so much support again? Fond reminiscing?

I'd doubt if it is as bad as 70's/80's but I have posted on here in the past that There is a prob with excessive police harassment in Derry city environs.

Don't get all prissy with me over this! It's no big deal ( for us anyway)

thebigfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 30, 2015, 11:14:59 PM
Go check it out chief!!

Undoubtedly you have!

But given tickles post and the resurgence of inla - I know it's not all sweetness and light up around top of the hill on waterside or in creggan and rosemount estates

I'd doubt if it is as bad as 70's/80's but I have posted on here in the past that There is a prob with excessive police harassment in Derry city environs.

The supporters DLA was cut?

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on July 30, 2015, 11:57:38 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 30, 2015, 11:14:59 PM
Go check it out chief!!

Undoubtedly you have!

The supporters DLA was cut?

What a witty retort.

Yawn.

Applesisapples

Since when did police searching for evidence of dissident criminality become harassment? Are they supposed to allow these areas to be run by the INLA/CIRA/RIRA etc?

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 31, 2015, 12:58:15 PM
Since when did police searching for evidence of dissident criminality become harassment? Are they supposed to allow these areas to be run by the INLA/CIRA/RIRA etc?

I know, how dare they do their jobs. The people that are being 'harassed' are well known dissidents like Gary Donnelly. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: OakleafCounty on July 31, 2015, 02:05:06 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 31, 2015, 12:58:15 PM

I know, how dare they do their jobs. The people that are being 'harassed' are well known dissidents like Gary Donnelly.
feck the dissidents
the info I had was that ordinary folk were getting the heavy handed approach and ott stuff as if times hadn't changed.
again that info is from two years or so ago.
but this kind of behaviour has played into the hands of the dissidents / inla specifically

theticklemister

Yes, people with no affiliation to Republican groups are being stopped and searched.

Republicans who don't support militant action are getting stopped and searched.

Families of Republicans are getting stopped and searched. The home of Peggy O'Hara who died recently had her house searched while the mourners were grieving.

The British army are still here and how many people have come out on this board and condemned it? The vast majority of the posts want more harassment of the local people of Derry than the 're-emergence' of foreign soldiers on our streets.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: theticklemister on July 31, 2015, 04:59:27 PM
Yes, people with no affiliation to Republican groups are being stopped and searched.

Families of Republicans are getting stopped and searched. The home of Peggy O'Hara who died recently had her house searched while the mourners were grieving.

The British army are still here and how many people have come out on this board and condemned it? The vast majority of the posts want more harassment of the local people of Derry than the 're-emergence' of foreign soldiers on our streets.

Who?

Of course Peggy O'Haras home was going to be searched. People dressed in their INLA clothing were in and around it the previous day. If there were no dissidents there wouldn't need to be searches.

The vast majority of people in Derry are not being stopped by the police let alone army who I have seen in over a decade.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on July 31, 2015, 04:59:27 PM

Was up in Derry last week and didn't even see police nevermind getting searched!!

But in all fairness what is the police to do?? They cant just phone them up and say, hey we got a tip off and we'd like to search your house!!  The sooner everybody moves on the better... Christ I remember the weekly raids during the summers of my youth!! Was bit surreal looking back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

If you think there isn't a disparity in policing in the North you need look no further than the 12th where an Orangeman tried to run over people in a car and got bail, yet the peelers recommended two people "provocatively" waving a tricolor were refused. By all means it sounds like the two fellas were fools but I can't imagine they are the greater menace to society.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on August 03, 2015, 10:30:33 AM
If you think there isn't a disparity in policing in the North you need look no further than the 12th where an Orangeman tried to run over people in a car and got bail, yet the peelers recommended two people "provocatively" waving a tricolor were refused. By all means it sounds like the two fellas were fools but I can't imagine they are the greater menace to society.

That's a courts thing and nothing to do with policing, I may be wrong on that.... And we are going off thread... Its fair to say some posters think he's a fool and some don't... I doubt very much he gives a shit.. But for ones saying Derry is like the bad old days is completely wrong

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: MoChara on August 03, 2015, 10:30:33 AM

That's a courts thing and nothing to do with policing, I may be wrong on that.... And we are going off thread... Its fair to say some posters think he's a fool and some don't... I doubt very much he gives a shit.. But for ones saying Derry is like the bad old days is completely wrong
It is prob not as bad as the 'bad old days' but it's not right and intentionally harassing non Political people is not going on elsewhere as far as I've heard! Plus that kind of mentality and heavy handed policing belongs in the bad old days.
You might know a bit about that belfast cesspit but it's obv you are not up to speed and know sfa and even less than I do about modern day Derry city and such happenings in surrounding suburbs