James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 22, 2015, 11:16:59 AM
Some sensitive souls on here, I apologise for offending Wigan, WBA, Sunderland and Derry city. You are all special! On the point he should have faced the flag but hung his head. Just as the Northern RCs do on the the NI team, as previously stated. His taxes going towards the Ministry Of Defence is also a fair point.
There is a slight difference between NI Catholics playing for NI and James McClean. I believe playing for an English team he could have faced the flag and bowed his head. NI deliberately play the English anthem. NI Catholics can choose not to play for them. That said McClean seems to have taken a principled stand...right or wrong.

michaelg

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 27, 2015, 11:48:22 AM
Some sensitive souls on here, I apologise for offending Wigan, WBA, Sunderland and Derry city. You are all special! On the point he should have faced the flag but hung his head. Just as the Northern RCs do on the the NI team, as previously stated. His taxes going towards the Ministry Of Defence is also a fair point.
There is a slight difference between NI Catholics playing for NI and James McClean. I believe playing for an English team he could have faced the flag and bowed his head. NI deliberately play the English anthem. NI Catholics can choose not to play for them. That said McClean seems to have taken a principled stand...right or wrong.
GSTQ is the UK national anthem.

general_lee

Quote from: michaelg on July 27, 2015, 05:27:57 PM
Well England is the only country that uses it.

Nigel White

What happens if England is playing NI.  Do they play GSTQ twice?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nigel White on July 27, 2015, 11:41:24 PM
What happens if England is playing NI.  Do they play GSTQ twice?

They did at Windsor I believe, when they played it for the North the English booed it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on July 27, 2015, 05:27:57 PM
Still divisive and used by NI to show the croppies playing for them who's in charge. Its the UK NA because England decrees it so.

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 26, 2015, 08:52:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 07:24:48 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on July 26, 2015, 07:20:30 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2015, 06:48:51 AM
Shouldn't he look away from the Free State flag also when the Free State Anthem is played? Especially since the removal of articles 2 & 3 in the GFA?

Or can you be pro-partition while holding strong Republican views?

Answers please, in football speak *, on a tattoo, on a wags arse, to the nearest Red Top.

* (e.g. well obviously, at the end of the day, we've got these views and he's entitled to go for the ball there...etc)

Huh? Articles 2 & 3 weren't removed in the GFA.

It was a condition of the GFA that a referendum to have them be removed be put to the people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_2_and_3_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland
Therefore it was the referendum result that did it,  not the GFA's commitment to hold a referendum.
Muppet, for a guy with pretence to superiority, looking down on McClean, you happen to  jump in with both feet and write some dumb nonsense yourself  ;D
You even make omaghjoe look smart  and that's some feat.

Oh ffs children! No GFA and we would still have articles 2 & 3. That was the quid pro quo. The 94.4% majority shows the referendum was merely a formality. So much for jumping in with nonsense.

And you accuse others of a 'pretence to superiority'.  ;D
Yet another pile of nonsenses from our aptly named Muppet.
You have a difficulty to express yourself with accuracy and clarity and in the context of  your condescending attitude to McClean you made a a serious error, which omaghjoe picked up on.
Not many would would take a bind bit of notice of what you predictably blabber on about, endlessly, in these nordie relates threads, but  in the context of yet another condescending post about republicans you fcked up and have not the moral fortitude to admit it. Whilst I am not surprised at the absence of moral courage,  I reserve the right to highlight it.

Fwiw I appreciates James' act of disengagement for what it was, a respectful act.
He didn't scratch his balls, chew gum, jump up and down stretching, feigning a careless action, he took a deliberate dignified respectful action. I don't necessarily  agree with it, but I didn't grow up in Derry with british government, british army, ruc, udr, b specials   sectarian stormont civil service, judiciary . uvf uda  etc  all  working in harmony trying to rectify me.
A "n+igger" in Alabama had more protection than a nationalist in Derry.
If it's in James' dna to act in that dignified way then i won't be poking fun at his intelligence.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2015, 12:49:59 AM
Shouldn't he look away from the Free State flag also when the Free State Anthem is played? Especially since the removal of articles 2 & 3 in the GFA?

Answers please, in football speak *, on a tattoo, on a wags arse, to the nearest Red Top.

* (e.g. well obviously, at the end of the day, we've got these views and he's entitled to go for the ball there...etc)

It was a condition of the GFA that a referendum to have them be removed be put to the people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_2_and_3_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland
Therefore it was the referendum result that did it,  not the GFA's commitment to hold a referendum.
Muppet, for a guy with pretence to superiority, looking down on McClean, you happen to  jump in with both feet and write some dumb nonsense yourself  ;D

Oh ffs children! No GFA and we would still have articles 2 & 3. That was the quid pro quo. The 94.4% majority shows the referendum was merely a formality. So much for jumping in with nonsense.

You have a difficulty to express yourself with accuracy and clarity and in the context of  your condescending attitude to McClean you made a a serious error, which omaghjoe picked up on.
Not many would would take a bind bit of notice of what you predictably blabber on about, endlessly, in these nordie relates threads, but  in the context of yet another condescending post about republicans you fcked up and have not the moral fortitude to admit it. Whilst I am not surprised at the absence of moral courage,  I reserve the right to highlight it.

Fwiw I appreciates James' act of disengagement for what it was, a respectful act.
He didn't scratch his balls, chew gum, jump up and down stretching, feigning a careless action, he took a deliberate dignified respectful action. I don't necessarily  agree with it, but I didn't grow up in Derry with british government, british army, ruc, udr, b specials   sectarian stormont civil service, judiciary . uvf uda  etc  all  working in harmony trying to rectify me.
If it's in James' dna to act in that dignified way then i won't be poking fun at his intelligence.

Missed this
:D
Jaysus Main St for all my windin at ye, ye never unloaded like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgp-vSs7zI

Milltown Row2

Main street I don't think James grew up in that environment either, if you have been to Derry post ceasefire I think the Catholics have it pretty good considering the make up of the city... Lovely place to and as far as cities go in N.I its very much catholic run...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2015, 08:17:06 AM

Main street I don't think James grew up in that environment either, if you have been to Derry post ceasefire I think the Catholics have it pretty good considering the make up of the city... Lovely place to and as far as cities go in N.I its very much catholic run...
certain Derry city based friends of mine have told me that harassment of nationalists/republicans/Catholics was still going on in the City (city side) for years after GFA. I haven't heard anything about this in past two years from him but know that the resurgence of INLA in the city is for reasons arising from this.
so Derry isn't quite the quiet peaceful spot you might think it is. Maybe the city centre is...
again though maybe this has improved and changed in past two years ...

theticklemister

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 29, 2015, 05:14:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2015, 08:17:06 AM

certain Derry city based friends of mine have told me that harassment of nationalists/republicans/Catholics was still going on in the City (city side) for years after GFA. I haven't heard anything about this in past two years from him but know that the resurgence of INLA in the city is for reasons arising from this.
so Derry isn't quite the quiet peaceful spot you might think it is. Maybe the city centre is...
again though maybe this has improved and changed in past two years ...

OF COURSE IT IS GOING ON A DAILY BASIS!

MORE EVIDENCE TODAY, WHICH IS MORE SINISTER, THAT THE BRITISH ARMY WAS TAKING PART IN HOUSE RAIDS IN GALLIAGH.

Milltown Row2

Right I'm confused... Is Derry back to the seventies and late 80's? Get a fecking grip lads ffs... Its prospering because of the equality it never had as is the other cities towns and villages around N.I..  Won't ever been a Irish utopia but a thousand times better than the shit hole we were subjected to
.. But hey some people are sun a different yarn and believe everything they are told

muppet

But of course behind your remarkable pomposity, you didn't point out what EXACTLY my outrageous error was.

But then I don't expect you to explore that. The removal of articles 2 & 3 was a condition of the GFA no matter how much you want to pretend the facts are different.

Not a single supporter of McClean's actions is willing to address my point about his willingness to stand to attention to a partitionist anthem. Why is that?
MWWSI 2017

MoChara

Quote from: muppet on July 30, 2015, 03:20:45 AM

But of course behind your remarkable pomposity, you didn't point out what EXACTLY my outrageous error was.

But then I don't expect you to explore that. The removal of articles 2 & 3 was a condition of the GFA no matter how much you want to pretend the facts are different.

Not a single supporter of McClean's actions is willing to address my point about his willingness to stand to attention to a partitionist anthem. Why is that?

Amhrán na bhFiann was written in 1907, pre-partition, and is held as the national anthem of Ireland everyone whether you believe it to be 26 or 32 counties. And the Tri-colour predates that by the guts of a century.

If it was Irelands Call you might have a point but it isn't so you don't