Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 28, 2022, 02:10:44 PM
Anyword on dates/venue for final? Assuming 2 week gap and played in Armagh?

In Armagh - 11th Dec - 1pm

brokencrossbar1

I think it's in Armagh on the 11th at 1pm but I am not sure about that....

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 28, 2022, 03:10:17 PM
I think it's in Armagh on the 11th at 1pm but I am not sure about that....
What is?

Thanks lads. Should be a close game although probably not one for the purists. Kilcoo to have too much for Glen though imo.

Truth hurts

Kilcoo 5/6 with PP are a great price. Fill your boots

ONeill

How many players from the Kilcoo 2012 team still playing? Most?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Saul goodman

Quote from: ONeill on November 28, 2022, 05:39:21 PM
How many players from the Kilcoo 2012 team still playing? Most?

Good few PD, laverty, Jerome, Ryan, most of the Brannigans could be few more

supersub

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 28, 2022, 01:27:32 PM
I have heard it is terrible. I don't know the man but I think that guy Poacher has a lot to answer for by the sounds of it.

Ah it's no better and no worse than other counties. Some matches can be excellent and some can be brutal. How can one man be the cause of a whole county's quality? Bit of pub talk going on I think. Kilcoo are streets ahead of everyone, as would be expected. A team who finished 3rd or 4th in Division 2 beat a team who finished 10th (of 12) in Division 1 in the Intermediate Final, so standard can't be that awful!

thewobbler

Down club football is, to be fair, absolutely shite to watch, to the point that we now consider any close game to be a good game for spectators, regardless of whether it was entertaining or not.

clarshack

Quote from: supersub on November 28, 2022, 08:47:01 PM
I have heard it is terrible. I don't know the man but I think that guy Poacher has a lot to answer for by the sounds of it.

Ah it's no better and no worse than other counties. Some matches can be excellent and some can be brutal. How can one man be the cause of a whole county's quality? Bit of pub talk going on I think. Kilcoo are streets ahead of everyone, as would be expected. A team who finished 3rd or 4th in Division 2 beat a team who finished 10th (of 12) in Division 1 in the Intermediate Final, so standard can't be that awful!

Down Senior and Intermediate appear to be strong but Junior seems to be very weak.

nrico2006

Quote from: clarshack on November 28, 2022, 10:30:46 PM

Down Senior and Intermediate appear to be strong but Junior seems to be very weak.

How have Down teams done in the Ulster Intermediate Championship?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 28, 2022, 10:45:24 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 28, 2022, 10:30:46 PM

How have Down teams done in the Ulster Intermediate Championship?

Warrenpoint and Loughinisland have won it in recent enough times.

general_lee

Another county that lets division 1 clubs play intermediate.

Armagh18

Quote from: general_lee on November 29, 2022, 10:39:22 AM
Another county that lets division 1 clubs play intermediate.
Yeah really don't agree with this.

meatsy86

Only 1 Div 1 club played in Intermediate Championship this year, Rostrevor and they didn't win it. Next year none of the clubs in Intermediate Championship will be playing Div 1 Football.

Truth hurts

Quote from: meatsy86 on November 29, 2022, 10:55:10 AM
Only 1 Div 1 club played in Intermediate Championship this year, Rostrevor and they didn't win it. Next year none of the clubs in Intermediate Championship will be playing Div 1 Football.

Is Rostrevor not still in it ?