Ulster Club SFC 2019

Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: BennyCake on October 21, 2019, 02:43:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 21, 2019, 01:32:28 PM
Some bit of refereeing in Derry....

Do explain

Ref blew for full time just as the lad kicked the equalising point. Didn't count.

tonto1888

Quote from: lurganblue on October 21, 2019, 03:44:22 PM

Do explain

Ref blew for full time just as the lad kicked the equalising point. Didn't count.
Not quite correct. He blew as the other lad passed the ball. The magherafelt players started to celebrate as the guy kicked the point. Had he not blown there would have been defenders on the fit and he may not have kicked the point. None of that makes the ref blowing when he did right tho

Angelo

Is the semi final draw pre-determined.

I'd definitely make Cross favourites with their tradition and scoring power.

I think Trillick could give it a good rattle too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2019, 06:40:27 PM

Cross/clontibret  v Casterahan/Donegal
Kilcoo/magherafelt v Derrygonn/Trillick u
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Square Ball

Heard a different story about the Glenn point. There was a free and the ref told the taker it was the last kick of the game, took it short and the whistle went. Can't confirm or deny as I wasn't there, just another take on it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Main Street

Of course Clontibret have John McEntee as coach, he who still has the imprints of Ryan McMenamin knees in his face. Up to the county final, Clontibret were 3rd in the county at best, but a long way behind Scotstown and Ballybay. Most probably Cross have nothing to fear from these social climbers.

Schkite

Quote from: Main Street on October 22, 2019, 01:25:56 AM
Of course Clontibret have John McEntee as coach, he who still has the imprints of Ryan McMenamin knees in his face. Up to the county final, Clontibret were 3rd in the county at best, but a long way behind Scotstown and Ballybay. Most probably Cross have nothing to fear from these social climbers.

You're right MS, Cross have zero to fear from us. We're just happy to have won the county again. The lads will be on the beer for the next week most likely.

Armagh18

Quote from: Schkite on October 22, 2019, 07:04:40 AM

You're right MS, Cross have zero to fear from us. We're just happy to have won the county again. The lads will be on the beer for the next week most likely.

Ah now. Leave the cute hoorism to Cross.

Tyrdub

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 21, 2019, 05:27:17 PM

Do explain

Not quite correct. He blew as the other lad passed the ball. The magherafelt players started to celebrate as the guy kicked the point. Had he not blown there would have been defenders on the fit and he may not have kicked the point. None of that makes the ref blowing when he did right tho

Why was it not right?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 22, 2019, 08:00:56 AM
Quote from: Schkite on October 22, 2019, 07:04:40 AM

Ah now. Leave the cute hoorism to Cross.

John Mc will have the Clontibret boys bursting a gut for the 1/4s. Young Cross team, suspect at the back, they'll stick Vinny and McManus on the square and bomb it in on top of them....

tonto1888

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 22, 2019, 08:53:20 AM

Do explain

Why was it not right?

Maybe it was right, I suppose the ref has to blow for full time at some stage but it was certainly strange him blowing it up when Glen has a chance to equalise. You don't see that often

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 22, 2019, 10:41:57 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on October 22, 2019, 08:53:20 AM

Do explain

Why was it not right?

Maybe it was right, I suppose the ref has to blow for full time at some stage but it was certainly strange him blowing it up when Glen has a chance to equalise. You don't see that often

I'm sure the ref let them know that time was running out. When taking a free and time is up, I'll inform him that the ball must go dead, drops short I'm blowing up regardless. Supporters don't  hear the communication going on constantly with the players, and as frustrating as it is for the supporters it's the players that are the refs concern.

Anyways, I'm not sure the Derry lads will compete as well seeing this is their first for a good while. Let them enjoy it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 21, 2019, 07:26:58 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2019, 06:40:27 PM

That's a good draw for Trillick, they have a very good opportunity to make a final there. Derrygonnelly are very experienced now in Ulster but I'd expect Trillick to have too much for them. Kilcoo are also very experienced in Ulster but are probably past their best now at this stage? Magherafelt would presumably have been big outsiders in Derry at the start?

Cross/clontibret  v Casterahan/Donegal
Kilcoo/magherafelt v Derrygonn/Trillick u
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

regal

Looks a wide open competition as there are no stand out teams.

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the O'Neill's.
Gweedore 3/1. They don't appear to have the same appetite as last year
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance
Trillick 9/2. Don't know much about them. Tyrone's record wouldn't inspire confidence
Glenties 11/1. Some quality but outsiders
Magherafelt 11/1. Seems like big odds for Derry champions?
Clontibret 14/1.
Derrygonnolly 16/1. They will not be far off trillick.
Castlerahan 22/1. Know nothing about them

I will tip kilcoo although their odds are poor at 4/1

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 23, 2019, 11:59:58 AM
Quote from: regal on October 22, 2019, 11:44:25 PM
Looks a wide open competition as there are no stand out teams.

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the O'Neill's.
Gweedore 3/1. They don't appear to have the same appetite as last year
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance
Trillick 9/2. Don't know much about them. Tyrone's record wouldn't inspire confidence
Glenties 11/1. Some quality but outsiders
Magherafelt 11/1. Seems like big odds for Derry champions?
Clontibret 14/1.
Derrygonnolly 16/1. They will not be far off trillick.
Castlerahan 22/1. Know nothing about them

I will tip kilcoo although their odds are poor at 4/1

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the O'Neill's. - Cant disagree
Gweedore 3/1. They don't appear to have the same appetite as last year - Not the same hunger, no fire in the belly this year it seems
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance - too distracted by off field antics
Trillick 9/2. Don't know much about them. Tyrone's record wouldn't inspire confidence - wouldnt look into Tyrones record, its arguably harder to win Tyrone than to win ulster.
Glenties 11/1. Some quality but outsiders - Not near it, werent all that impressive over the weekend in the drawn game.
Magherafelt 11/1. Seems like big odds for Derry champions? - Dark horse, however I think there content with a county title. I could be wrong.. but im always right.
Clontibret 14/1. - kick the thing in and theyll go far.
Derrygonnolly 16/1. They will not be far off trillick. - Nobody is far off Trillick. If your far off trillick you may pack it in, overrated.
Castlerahan 22/1. Know nothing about them - Have a difficult first round test vs Donegal champs, cant see it ending well.
Mystic Soil has spoken