dodgy umpire

the st.pauls player was blocking his runs resulting in the incident
The Boys in Red and Black are back

dodgy umpire

Maiden1

Quote from: dodgy umpire on August 05, 2009, 11:21:36 AM

So he was kicked on the head for blocking someone's runs, the guy has to have a metal plate inserted.

Football should never come to that, people have to go to work the next day.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

stpauls

so that gives the Bredagh player a right to do what he did, resulting in a broken jaw? what a brave man!

off the laces

Quote from: stpauls on August 05, 2009, 11:30:24 AM

so that gives the Bredagh player a right to kick a man while on the ground, resulting in a broken jaw? what a brave man!
so will breadagh do the decent thing and name the culprit, and like Ballinderry suspend him?
Keeps 'er' straight

meatsy86

The word on the grapevine is that castlewellan failed to field against clonduff on monday night in the ACFL Div1 re-fixture. Apparently the ref deemed the pitch playable and was out on the field with clonduff players ready for throw-in when castlewellan took themselves off to train at the bann road pitch. The ref threw the ball in and subsequently blew the match off. Any truth in this?

dodgy umpire

so that gives the Bredagh player a right to kick a man while on the ground, resulting in a broken jaw? what a brave man!

from what i heard thats not what happened

stpauls

Quote from: dodgy umpire on August 05, 2009, 12:02:44 PM

then enlighten us with the version of the story that you heard then?

Town Gael

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 05, 2009, 11:51:57 AM
The word on the grapevine is that castlewellan failed to field against clonduff on monday night in the ACFL Div1 re-fixture. Apparently the ref deemed the pitch playable and was out on the field with clonduff players ready for throw-in when castlewellan took themselves off to train at the bann road pitch. The ref threw the ball in and subsequently blew the match off. Any truth in this?

Yup. Castlewellan contacted the county board early on Monday to say they thought the pitch was dangerously soft on the dugout side of the field and the pitch was unplayable. They also asked Seamus Walsh to inspect the pitch. He said it was unplayable but the decision was not down to him. The county board told them to get an official ref to inspect the pitch and make a call. So Castlewellan did this and the ref agreed it was unplayable.  The relevant people from Clonduff and the county board were informed around 1pm of this official decision and told to postpone the match. Someone in the county board then decided this was not on and told Clonduff and the ref to turn up. However when Barry Andrews eventually turned up the Castlewellan players had all long gone and had started to train on their Dublin Road pitch. He then overturned the earlier decision, claimed the pitch was not dangerous and awarded Clonduff the points.

You decide who is to blame.

stpauls

your right, that's not how it happened, as i have just been told exactly what happened. as i said before i didn't see it happening first hand, just him lying on the ground with a few players around him. still, what happened was a judas act, but as OTL asked, will Bredagh do the decent thing if asked by the county board to name and shame the player? i think not!

kinghen

Quote from: stpauls on August 05, 2009, 12:33:56 PM

your right, that's not how it happened, as i have just been told exactly what happened. as i said before i didn't see it happening first hand, just him lying on the ground with a few players around him. still, what happened was a judas act, but as OTL asked, will Bredagh do the decent thing if asked by the county board to name and shame the player? i think not!

I have heard that the player was elbowed in the face resulting in a broken jaw-requiring a plate, and the loss of 3 back teeth. There is absolutely no place for this in our game!!

dodgy umpire

given they havent been asked there is little point speculating or stirring the pot

stpauls

Quote from: dodgy umpire on August 05, 2009, 01:21:45 PM

given they havent been asked there is little point speculating or stirring the pot

well, we intend on asking the CB to investigate the incident as the referee toook the easy way out and did nothing about it at the time, so if Bredagh are asked by them to name the player, we would hope they do the decent thing and oblige!! you still haven't given us your version of events!

CĂșig huaire

The minor quarter final between Down and Dublin has been rescheduled for Sat Aug 15th in Breffni Park.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

dodgy umpire

i was told his runs were being blocked and the incident happened. all of us who have played have been in that situation before and would know about the tussling that takes place to get free, this was a very unfortunate occasion and there is no way serious injury was intended