Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on October 14, 2008, 06:25:45 PM
Intermediate final was good game.Not much separated the sides.The goal gave Annaclone big lift,and was a killer for Darragh.Some very good scores throughout.Referee bottle it big time when he awarded Darragh a 14 yard free instead of a penalty,the fella was a mile inside the 14,and the ref said it was for the first foul,which is balls.He also dissallowed a goal for Darragh which was dubious enough.Hopefully Annaclone go well in their ulster campaign.

i would say cullyhanna will be very hard to stop fully expect them to take care of cullavile this weekend(doubt they should have been in intermediate to begin with}.  having benny mcardle back from the states will help their chances but nop farrell brothers be a big hinderance

Bitta-Banter

Yeah Ulster will be tough,Moy r likely to b init too.Cullyhanna or Culloville shudnt be in the intermediate championship in Armagh.Both r top Division 1 teams in Armagh and will be hard to stop.

centre 3/4s

Quote from: Maiden1 on October 14, 2008, 04:02:47 PM
I think below is a bit ambiguous

(e) Any team in Divisions 1, 2 or 3 which fails to achieve 30% (rounded up to the nearest point) of the points of the top team in that Division following the conclusion of ordinary round league games will be relegated automatically.  If more than two teams fail to achieve 30% (rounded up to the nearest point) of the points of the top team in that Division, the lowest finishing two teams will be relegated. 

Could mean rounded upwards i.e. 11.4 becomes 12 or rounded to the nearest whole number in which cases 11.4 becomes 11.

Based on past precedence I think we should assume the later.

What if the top team had 35 points.  35*.3 = 10.5 should it be rounded up or down in this case?

Personly all these equations and theorie sare nothing but a load of balls!! the winners should be crowned champions and the bottom 2 teams should be relegated simple as that.The reason all this crap was brought in is because it was seen as a disadvantage to teams who have county players in there panel. I think the bridge have shown they are the best team in the county even without there county men they are still beating teams who haven't a sole panelist in there squad. The same applies in division 2 & 3 were the ford and glasdrumman are far superior to any of the other teams in there respective divisions and they might not even get promoted because of this "cup match" senario. Personally i think that if a team is winning the league by more than 4/5 points more than second place they should automatically be league winners and let the other 3 battle it out for promotion. In the instance of relegation the bottom 2 teams in each division are the worst teams in that section the stats dont lie.

OnTheLine

Quote from: centre 3/4s on October 14, 2008, 08:24:43 PM
The same applies in division 2 & 3 were the ford and glasdrumman are far superior to any of the other teams in there respective divisions

Given the current points standing in division 3, I don't know where you get that idea from. I'm not a big supporter of the playoff system but sh*te like this statement has no relevance... Get your facts right.

kinghen

Quote from: supersub on October 14, 2008, 06:26:04 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 14, 2008, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: umpire on October 14, 2008, 03:18:13 PM
Thanks Goldenyears.

That Burren finished this year,
Burren should be the team to make life difficult for Bridge next year!!

was this not meant to be the case this year?with eoin mccarten back from injury and james mcgovern back from the states...

yeh was thinking that myself, why not this year? whats goin to change next year?

burren will most certainly not want the bridge to equal their record of 6 ch'ships in a row!!
but i think the standard across the entire league is becoming more uniform, not really much to choose between the top 6 possibly 7 teams, the bridge definitely still have the edge tho with a good minor team coming thru!

Rasmatazz:)

So what do you  Down guys think of the bridge in ulster this year?
Do you think they have a good chance ?

kinghen

the couldnt make an impact when they were at their best 3/4 years ago, think the standard has slipped a bit since then compared to teams from other counties, was at a ch'ship match in tyrone last weekend and it was a very competitive affair, think mayobridge need tougher games in the down ch'ship to set them up for whats ahead in ulster.
(i do believe however that the bridge will find things tougher next season on a number of fronts!)

Maiden1

Quote from: kinghen on October 16, 2008, 11:08:33 AM
the couldnt make an impact when they were at their best 3/4 years ago, think the standard has slipped a bit since then compared to teams from other counties, was at a ch'ship match in tyrone last weekend and it was a very competitive affair, think mayobridge need tougher games in the down ch'ship to set them up for whats ahead in ulster.
(i do believe however that the bridge will find things tougher next season on a number of fronts!)

The same thing is said every year.  If it is said long enough then eventually it will be true.  Mayobridge are well clear in the league and won the championship this year without breaking sweat.  It's hard to say who is going to catch them.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

T O Hare

Quote from: kinghen on October 16, 2008, 11:08:33 AM

????
we never seem to get the recognition from the rest of the county, We are champions in senior , premier reserve and minor and are top of senoir , premier reserve and minor leagues, if our thirds win on Sunday we play Ballyholland in a league semi-final !!!! If The standard has slipped, who's fault is that!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Down Gael

The standard within Down is at an all time low. Mayobridge arent really pushed in the Down championship. Their results in Ulster reflect this. I know you could say the same for Crossmaglen in Armagh, but they are just that wee bit better than everyone else in Ulster. For Mayobridge to improve they need to be tested week in week out in Down. Breezing through all competitions at all levels is doing them no favours.
I`ll still be there supporting them on Sunday, as I do every year and I wish them well,  but this will be a tough game.

centre 3/4s

[we never seem to get the recognition from the rest of the county, We are champions in senior , premier reserve and minor and are top of senoir , premier reserve and minor leagues, if our thirds win on Sunday we play Ballyholland in a league semi-final !!!! If The standard has slipped, who's fault is that!!!!!!!!

Your u8s are shite by the way!! ;D

T O Hare

Quote from: centre 3/4s on October 16, 2008, 01:41:16 PM
[we never seem to get the recognition from the rest of the county, We are champions in senior , premier reserve and minor and are top of senoir , premier reserve and minor leagues, if our thirds win on Sunday we play Ballyholland in a league semi-final !!!! If The standard has slipped, who's fault is that!!!!!!!!

Nice to see our great friends Kilcoo wishing us all the best!!! ;D
Has setanta bought the rights for your games next season as well!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

centre 3/4s

Quote from: T O Hare on October 16, 2008, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: centre 3/4s on October 16, 2008, 01:41:16 PM

Nice to see our great friends Kilcoo wishing us all the best!!! ;D
Has setanta bought the rights for your games next season as well!!!!

Jaysus only a bit of craic,   I would love to see the bridge win on sunday and progress after all we are all lovers not haters,  are'nt we?

goldenyears

centre 3/4s thats crap re botom 2 in the league; whilst I agree that the teams at the lower end are there on merit, I have no doubt that had we Paul Murphy, Ronan Murtagh and Robbie White for the entire year, we would have at least 6 more points than we finished up with. that takes us out of the bottom 2 and we stay up which makes our season a v successful one instead of the huge disappointment it has become.

take a look at our results all year and you will see how close we were on a number of occasions and with that county experience and quality in our side, we would undoubtedly have finished higher up!!