Eamon Fennell
Ross McConnell
David Henry
Niall Corkery
Paul Flynn
Alan Hubbard
Kevin McManamon
Bernard Brogan

I'm not going to bother with analysis because there is no point. However if anyone knows the handicap for this game for a Tyrone win could they put it up. This is a better bet then Ruby Walsh on a favourite. I could do with making a few quid.

If you think Mc Auley is the only omission you're codding yourself. Where is Paddy andrews? The best young forward in the county. I could go on. But i won't because I won't get any work done today. What has some of the guys playing on Sunday done to justify their inclusion ahead of him?
Starred for the 21's last year, u21 football captain, spear headed DCU to a Sigerson Cup yet he's not good enough to start in the NFL. Mindboggling.

At least mickey Harte went easy on us. Can't fathom the Tyrone selection at all. Leaves 3/4 of his best players on the bench in a must-win game. Then again I can't really criticise when you see the Dublin selection.

this is Indiana's previous attempt at sports prediction. Lets just Say I wont be burning an effigy of Harte any time soon.

INDIANA

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 11, 2010, 06:07:36 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 04:19:23 PM
SOn's abscence is frightening. Where is the next Stevie in Tyrone? Either mH doesn't play them or they don't exist. Hard to believe.
Jesus that's a silly comment.  ??? While Tyrone were lucky enough to have a player like SON come on the scene as Canavan's career was ending, players like that don't come off a conveyor belt.
If they did sure Cork would still have the Christy Ring mould in use to this day.
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 05:35:51 PM

You have precious little chance of winning Sam this year -. Sorry.
Coney is the only young forward of any note and his shot selection at times has its youthful exuberance -ie shoot on sight. But that will improve as he gets older.
Penrose is a very good player but not a marquee player
Sean O Neill is great going one way- forward- defensively suspect though.
Colm Cavanagh is a good player but again not marquee

Yes you have Sean Cavanagh, Stevie and the 2 Mc Mahons but the older lads are areally struggling. They aren't racehorses you know. only so many times you can go to the well. For any player.  Not sure about Mugsy- philip jordan as well maybe.

Cork and Kerry- forget the rest.
Marquee? What the feck are you on?

You haven't mentioned Peter Harte, Tyrone's best future player. Not to but the pressure on but future Tyrone great right there  ;).  Thank christ he's getting his starts now at last.

While Dublin showed their class in the first half, I'd be more worried that it took them 27 minutes to score a 3rd point in the 2nd half. Tyrone went for goals too early and Dublin's 1st half patch seen them through. Once Joe went off, things got shakier at the back. Could MH not see that Dublin were totally exposing Davey from their kick outs.

But Tyrone had a good stab at it in the 2nd, just couldn't make that period of domination show on the score board. Suppose can look forward to the return of the two McMahons, SON, Mulligan, Enda McGinley and Dooher in some capacity, (whether just for his presence) to put them into some sort of championship contention, perhaps not an AI, but with a full compliment today, I'd have fancied a much closer contest.

By the way, that 5th point of Dublin's was wide for sure, had a good angle on it and even the linesman looked perplexed in front of me.

That aside well done to the Dubs who came up for the game. Made the usual racket behind the goals with the usual carrying on but hope you enjoyed the day outside the M50. :P

Its not really that silly. I can't remember the last time you brought a really good young forward through since the golden generation. Please enlighten me.
Peter Harte is a good player though- played well today. you have to factor in Dublin are a level below the top teams. Something that seems to escape you. If you this this all going to reincarinate itself in the summer you're codding yourself. We're bascially a last 8 team with an outside chance of  a semi spot.

INDIANA

Quote from: kinghen on April 11, 2010, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2010, 10:30:16 AM

DUBLIN (SF v Tyrone)
Michael Savage
Paul Conlon
Rory O'Carroll
Ross O'Carroll
Philly McMahon
Denis Bastick
Cian O'Sullivan
Eamon Fennell
Ross McConnell
David Henry
Niall Corkery
Paul Flynn
Alan Hubbard
Kevin McManamon
Bernard Brogan

I'm not going to bother with analysis because there is no point. However if anyone knows the handicap for this game for a Tyrone win could they put it up. This is a better bet then Ruby Walsh on a favourite. I could do with making a few quid.

If you think Mc Auley is the only omission you're codding yourself. Where is Paddy andrews? The best young forward in the county. I could go on. But i won't because I won't get any work done today. What has some of the guys playing on Sunday done to justify their inclusion ahead of him?
Starred for the 21's last year, u21 football captain, spear headed DCU to a Sigerson Cup yet he's not good enough to start in the NFL. Mindboggling.

At least mickey Harte went easy on us. Can't fathom the Tyrone selection at all. Leaves 3/4 of his best players on the bench in a must-win game. Then again I can't really criticise when you see the Dublin selection.

this is Indiana's previous attempt at sports prediction. Lets just Say I wont be burning an effigy of Harte any time soon.

Yep got dublin badly wrong and glad to be wrong but to be fair to me thats the first time I've seen tyrone this year. And I didn't realise how bad you've gone.

leenie

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 11, 2010, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 11, 2010, 03:33:26 PM
Very poor from Tyrone thus far (and very good one from Dublin) and Divisin 2 is beckoning but really we should have learned by now not to write off Tyrone. Claiming Tyrone are finished as a force and that Gormley is done might leave you looking a bit daft at a later date.

IT won't save the post. Tyrone aren't going to contend this year( neither are we). The aura is gone. Cork and kerry are  a different level now.

You might well be right Indiana but I recall very similar talk in 2008. In fact I seem to remember Dublin were going to bury this Tyrone in the AI quarter final of that year. Im not going to write off the team just yet.

Youve no young forwards coming through. The defence is all at sea. Period of consolidation beckons for Tyrone. That team is done and dusted. Been a fabulous football team but bar SON and one or two others that team is done. Had a great innings though.

from my experience of supporting tyrone throughout the years tyrone are fit to take their beatings but also quite capable of building on them.... think "your counting your chickens" there indiana... but sure we'll just have to wait championship to find out!

anyway a bit bewildered about the game....i didn't like seein mcguigan havin a go at cassidy after the pass in the second half when mcguigan didn't get to it time... cassidy done well to release it! i'm just wondering if it is hard for those players who have been playing with each other for years and know each other so well to incorporate and include new blood.... IMO i didn't real feel an essence of a team today... maybe thats just me!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

gerry

Quote from: maximus on April 11, 2010, 04:03:03 PM
Penrose dived and was rightly penalised. The aimless high balls to Tyrone's answer to Kieran Donaghy Colm Cavangh were greatly effective!

Did he feck dive
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

cadhlancian

Quote from: leenie on April 11, 2010, 06:21:17 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 11, 2010, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 11, 2010, 03:33:26 PM
Very poor from Tyrone thus far (and very good one from Dublin) and Divisin 2 is beckoning but really we should have learned by now not to write off Tyrone. Claiming Tyrone are finished as a force and that Gormley is done might leave you looking a bit daft at a later date.

IT won't save the post. Tyrone aren't going to contend this year( neither are we). The aura is gone. Cork and kerry are  a different level now.

You might well be right Indiana but I recall very similar talk in 2008. In fact I seem to remember Dublin were going to bury this Tyrone in the AI quarter final of that year. Im not going to write off the team just yet.

Youve no young forwards coming through. The defence is all at sea. Period of consolidation beckons for Tyrone. That team is done and dusted. Been a fabulous football team but bar SON and one or two others that team is done. Had a great innings though.

from my experience of supporting tyrone throughout the years tyrone are fit to take their beatings but also quite capable of building on them.... think "your counting your chickens" there indiana... but sure we'll just have to wait championship to find out!

anyway a bit bewildered about the game....i didn't like seein mcguigan havin a go at cassidy after the pass in the second half when mcguigan didn't get to it time... cassidy done well to release it! i'm just wondering if it is hard for those players who have been playing with each other for years and know each other so well to incorporate and include new blood.... IMO i didn't real feel an essence of a team today... maybe thats just me!
It was an easy pass, and Brain McGuigan is right to have a go :o However someof tyrones play at times was diabolical, and reminded me a bit of Donegal at the end of the 80,s , a million f**king passes with no end product!!

cadhlancian

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2010, 06:28:35 PM
Quote from: gerry on April 11, 2010, 06:28:00 PM
Penrose dived and was rightly penalised. The aimless high balls to Tyrone's answer to Kieran Donaghy Colm Cavangh were greatly effective!

Did he feck dive
Yes he did.
BALLS HS, did he make it a little dramatic? Possibly. Was he fouled? Absolutely NO f**king DOUBT! What match were u watching?
P.S Whats the Craic? ;D

thejuice

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2010, 06:28:35 PM
Quote from: gerry on April 11, 2010, 06:28:00 PM

Did he feck dive
Yes he did.

Glad the referee called it, some players in games I've watched (involving nearly all teams in Division 1) I've seen lads throwing themselves around like its pro-wrestling. Any hint of an opponents arm at shoulder height and they throw the legs out like they've been clotheslined.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

maximus

Such dramatic kicking of the legs into the air didn't exactly help his cause whether he was fouled or not maybe the referee seen this and felt he dived. It looked to me like there was limited contact certainly not enough to provoke such an exaggerated fall!

cadhlancian

I only saw the secong half. From what I saw , I thought Sean Cavanagh looked very off the pace, and Colm Cavanagh is ineffective inside the 14 yrd line! Brian McGuigan is struggling for sure, but I wouldnt be too worried about him quite yet. Conor Gormley continues to struggle , as does Mcmenemin and Nephew (not the ginger one) ;D. Middle of the field will be ok, never really been a factor on any of the successful Tyrone teams. On a maturity (readiness) level, Peter Harte is the only minor ready to step in. We will need a full deck of cards to draw from this summer, if we are going to factor.

Rocky Mc Guigan

The most disorganised and error strewn performance I have had the displeasure to witness from a Tyrone team in many's a year. More turnovers than a bakery. Passing and decision making awful. Some of the current personnel just not up to it any more. How the lesser nephew stayed on as  long as he did defies logic. Why Gormley is still being used on the opposition's best forward is beyond me. Fair enough, may still be place for him as sweeper but not as man marker. The younger Cavanagh not good enough whilst Coney did some amazingly brainless things too.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: To whom it may concern on April 11, 2010, 04:00:51 PM
The referee is very poor, someone made a point earlier in the week that the GAA needed dublin in the final and derek fahy would be doing his upmost to facilitate.

Mickey has brought his position into disrepute by continuously picking curran

Peter Harte and Sean Cavanagh the only bright sparks, Harte is very assured and evasive in the tackle

to be fair curran was excellent today
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

INDIANA

Would be remiss of me not to give Dublin some credit. Played really well today. Defence looks solid and we didn't have to resort to the previous ridiculous tactics of 13 men back. When Baz and Alan came on with Mc Auley we got to see our full whack.
Thought Mc Mahon and O Carroll were outstanding. Fennell played his best game for us and Bernard was brilliant. Could be an all-time great in time. He is an absolute genius.
Alan and Bernard up front is a mouth watering prospect and Mc menamon compliments them well. He is good at what Bernard isn't and I like his attitude in terms of ball winning and taking on men.
Flynn played very well too and Henry had his best game too date. Corkery had a decent outing and surprsied me. Just never would have seen him do that at county level- but its only one game.

Negatives-

Tyrone were diabolical. Atrocious really. Drawing board stuff for MH I'm afraid.
Hughes beat us at midfield in the 2nd half
Took 20 mins to score in the 2nd half

Still a good day all round for Dublin but still very disappointed not to make the league final. Would have been good for us.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 07:29:40 PM
Would be remiss of me not to give Dublin some credit. Played really well today. Defence looks solid and we didn't have to resort to the previous ridiculous tactics of 13 men back. When Baz and Alan came on with Mc Auley we got to see our full whack.
Thought Mc Mahon and O Carroll were outstanding. Fennell played his best game for us and Bernard was brilliant. Could be an all-time great in time. He is an absolute genius.
Alan and Bernard up front is a mouth watering prospect and Mc menamon compliments them well. He is good at what Bernard isn't and I like his attitude in terms of ball winning and taking on men.
Flynn played very well too and Henry had his best game too date. Corkery had a decent outing and surprsied me. Just never would have seen him do that at county level- but its only one game.

Negatives-

Tyrone were diabolical. Atrocious really.
Drawing board stuff for MH I'm afraid.

Still a good day all round for Dublin but still very disappointed not to make the league final. Would have been good for us.

I'm not saying you're off the mark, maybe a bit over zealous, but what does that say for Dublin in the second half? That was a very good Dublin team but Tyrone dominated for vast periods in the 2nd, just had nothing to show for it. Tyrone's weak defence were largely able to either force errors or win frees for most of the 2nd half as well.

Enjoying your cute hoorism talking down Dulbin's prospects. Can we expect less expectant hype coming from the capital this summer?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

INDIANA

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 11, 2010, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 07:29:40 PM

Negatives-

Tyrone were diabolical. Atrocious really.
Drawing board stuff for MH I'm afraid.

I'm not saying you're off the mark, maybe a bit over zealous, but what does that say for Dublin in the second half? That was a very good Dublin team but Tyrone dominated for vast periods in the 2nd, just had nothing to show for it. Tyrone's weak defence were largely able to either force errors or win frees for most of the 2nd half as well.

Enjoying your cute hoorism talking down Dulbin's prospects. Can we expect less expectant hype coming from the capital this summer?

This is a dublin team beaten by kerry by 18 points last year. Some of us are sensible enough to know where we stand in the pecking order. ie 2nd tied side.
A level Tyrone are now at.