Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

The only positive I can draw from this match is that Healy Park is kyrponite to Tyrone and hopefully we can get out of it during the championship.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

downtown

INDIANA

Quote from: thejuice on April 11, 2010, 04:10:45 PM
Jesus Indiana, it didnt look good from Tyrone alright but I wouldnt start talking like that just yet.

No new players Juice. Hard to believe with tyrone's underage system. Expecting too much for all the older lads to hang on. Some will but some definitely won't after that. Believe me a lot of people in dublin thought the 70's would never end until the 79 all-ireland final hockeying.

SOn's abscence is frightening. Where is the next Stevie in Tyrone? Either mH doesn't play them or they don't exist. Hard to believe.

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2010, 04:20:34 PM
Quote from: downtown on April 11, 2010, 04:17:02 PM
Can anyone tell me who got the Tyrone goal?
Penrose kicked it and as it was going in the net Colm Cavanagh ran in and stole the goal.

own goal lads.hit conlon on the way in.

micka the dub

Quote from: To whom it may concern on April 11, 2010, 04:00:51 PM
The referee is very poor, someone made a point earlier in the week that the GAA needed dublin in the final and derek fahy would be doing his upmost to facilitate.

Mickey has brought his position into disrepute by continuously picking curran

Peter Harte and Sean Cavanagh the only bright sparks, Harte is very assured and evasive in the tackle
ah come on ,the ref wasnt great for either team,yiz met a dublin team that on the day blew yiz out of the water.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 04:19:23 PM
Jesus Indiana, it didnt look good from Tyrone alright but I wouldnt start talking like that just yet.

No new players Juice. Hard to believe with tyrone's underage system. Expecting too much for all the older lads to hang on. Some will but some definitely won't after that. Believe me a lot of people in dublin thought the 70's would never end until the 79 all-ireland final hockeying.

SOn's abscence is frightening. Where is the next Stevie in Tyrone? Either mH doesn't play them or they don't exist. Hard to believe.

No new players??? Coney, Harte, McKenna, Cavanagh (the ugly one), are 4 relatively new players that have taken well to Senior football - Penrose missed a few today that he would normally take with ease. Jordan has come back well. Cassidy and red Sean. we have 3 pretty good keepers - even today. Sean Cavanagh is back, Steve o'neill to come back - the two mcmahons...1 and 1/2 mcGuigans...Mulligan will be about at some point. davey Harte is entitled to have the occasional bad game. And there are plenty of young lads coming through the system but there is only a 20% chance of any minor player pushing his way through to ANY senior panel, so we have to be patient.

hartes selection process was victim to his own success - how can you bleed in young players when up to 2008 the current crop had never let you down. It was only last year that Tyrone were undone by Cork and possibly Kildare and in the first chance he had, the mcKenna cup, Harte brought in new players.

Harte has an excellent track record and i have a good feeling that Tyrone can repeat 2008 this year....I am not despondant about the NFL campaign at all, in the same way that i was never elated when we got to a final or won it...Division 2 might offer the chance to make a 'new' team....

Ulster - Down
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork,
Connaught - Galway
All- I - Tyrone...you read it here first!

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

longrunsthefox

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on April 11, 2010, 05:14:46 PM

No new players??? Coney, Harte, McKenna, Cavanagh (the ugly one), are 4 relatively new players that have taken well to Senior football - Penrose missed a few today that he would normally take with ease. Jordan has come back well. Cassidy and red Sean. we have 3 pretty good keepers - even today. Sean Cavanagh is back, Steve o'neill to come back - the two mcmahons...1 and 1/2 mcGuigans...Mulligan will be about at some point. davey Harte is entitled to have the occasional bad game. And there are plenty of young lads coming through the system but there is only a 20% chance of any minor player pushing his way through to ANY senior panel, so we have to be patient.

hartes selection process was victim to his own success - how can you bleed in young players when up to 2008 the current crop had never let you down. It was only last year that Tyrone were undone by Cork and possibly Kildare and in the first chance he had, the mcKenna cup, Harte brought in new players.

Harte has an excellent track record and i have a good feeling that Tyrone can repeat 2008 this year....I am not despondant about the NFL campaign at all, in the same way that i was never elated when we got to a final or won it...Division 2 might offer the chance to make a 'new' team....

Ulster - Down
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork,
Connaught - Galway

Why do you say 'Cavanagh-the ugly one'   Do you fancy Sean?  :o

INDIANA

Ulster - Down
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork,
Connaught - Galway

You have precious little chance of winning Sam this year -. Sorry.
Coney is the only young forward of any note and his shot selection at times has its youthful exuberance -ie shoot on sight. But that will improve as he gets older.
Penrose is a very good player but not a marquee player
Sean O Neill is great going one way- forward- defensively suspect though.
Colm Cavanagh is a good player but again not marquee

Yes you have Sean Cavanagh, Stevie and the 2 Mc Mahons but the older lads are areally struggling. They aren't racehorses you know. only so many times you can go to the well. For any player.  Not sure about Mugsy- philip jordan as well maybe.

Cork and Kerry- forget the rest.

omagh_gael

Sad to see us go down, I don't think we're as bad as INDIANA is making out. See 07/08 leagues when we were just as bad and had a bit more luck to stay up by the skin of our teeth. We missed a lot of real handy scores today and the defence was at sea but all factors that can be worked on with the players to return.

Can't see us going all the way this year but a QF/SF may not be a far stretch. Apart from young Harte none of the minors have held their hands up as senior footballers. Kyle Coney seems to be trying too hard to make things happen or getting rushes of blood to the head and making silly mistakes but given time should step up to the mark. I hate to say it but I really think B Mc Guigan has lost his 'x-factor.' His vision was his ace and this, for obvious reasons, has been diluted. His pace has gone, lost a race for possession with Mc Mahon (i think) even though he'd a three yard head start over 20 yards.

On the plus side, hub done well when he came on and won a lot of ball and added physicality to the MF which was being annihilated by Fennell (what a lump of a lad!) Still can't fathom why we were trying so hard to get a second goal in the 1st 10 mins of second half. You'd swear it was the last ten, I don't know whether they were instructed to go for goal but dropped four clear points by trying to work the ball into the square!

Anyway going down to div 2 is not the end of the world but not ideal. At least we'll be in some new grounds and towns which will be a bit of a novelty. 

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 11, 2010, 05:37:44 PM
Sad to see us go down, I don't think we're as bad as INDIANA is making out. See 07/08 leagues when we were just as bad and had a bit more luck to stay up by the skin of our teeth. We missed a lot of real handy scores today and the defence was at sea but all factors that can be worked on with the players to return.

Can't see us going all the way this year but a QF/SF may not be a far stretch. Apart from young Harte none of the minors have held their hands up as senior footballers. Kyle Coney seems to be trying too hard to make things happen or getting rushes of blood to the head and making silly mistakes but given time should step up to the mark. I hate to say it but I really think B Mc Guigan has lost his 'x-factor.' His vision was his ace and this, for obvious reasons, has been diluted. His pace has gone, lost a race for possession with Mc Mahon (i think) even though he'd a three yard head start over 20 yards.

On the plus side, hub done well when he came on and won a lot of ball and added physicality to the MF which was being annihilated by Fennell (what a lump of a lad!) Still can't fathom why we were trying so hard to get a second goal in the 1st 10 mins of second half. You'd swear it was the last ten, I don't know whether they were instructed to go for goal but dropped four clear points by trying to work the ball into the square!

Anyway going down to div 2 is not the end of the world but not ideal. At least we'll be in some new grounds and towns which will be a bit of a novelty.

completely agree - do fancy us to be playing in september
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2010, 05:24:25 PM

Ulster - Down
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork,
Connaught - Galway

Why do you say 'Cavanagh-the ugly one'   Do you fancy Sean?  :o

no - just think that Colm has a hint of the Billy-Bobs going on, if you know what i mean?

INDIANA

You'll still make the last 8 and maybe the last 4 but can't see you winning it. Thats all I'm saying. Sure Tyrone fans still believe they can with that personnel. I can't see it I'm afraid. I have never seen that Tyrone team play worse. As good as Dublin played -Tyrone were woeful.

omagh_gael

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 05:51:13 PM

You'll still make the last 8 and maybe the last 4 but can't see you winning it. Thats all I'm saying. Sure Tyrone fans still believe they can with that personnel. I can't see it I'm afraid. I have never seen that Tyrone team play worse. As good as Dublin played -Tyrone were woeful.

Fair enough, only way I can see us getting to a final this year if all our main players stay injury free and we get a kind draw a la 08 were each game provided a stronger test and we built up great momentum.

Was impressed with the dubs today, Mc Menamon and Mc Mahon impressed from the lesser known players.

Was anyone down the Gortin side of the pitch in 1st half and seen that eejit dublin fan go onto the pitch and confront the umpire that gave BMcC dodgy point. Wasn't good form from the fan at all!  >:(

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Jesus that's a silly comment.  ??? While Tyrone were lucky enough to have a player like SON come on the scene as Canavan's career was ending, players like that don't come off a conveyor belt.
If they did sure Cork would still have the Christy Ring mould in use to this day.
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 05:35:51 PM

You have precious little chance of winning Sam this year -. Sorry.
Coney is the only young forward of any note and his shot selection at times has its youthful exuberance -ie shoot on sight. But that will improve as he gets older.
Penrose is a very good player but not a marquee player
Sean O Neill is great going one way- forward- defensively suspect though.
Colm Cavanagh is a good player but again not marquee

Yes you have Sean Cavanagh, Stevie and the 2 Mc Mahons but the older lads are areally struggling. They aren't racehorses you know. only so many times you can go to the well. For any player.  Not sure about Mugsy- philip jordan as well maybe.

Cork and Kerry- forget the rest.
Marquee? What the feck are you on?

You haven't mentioned Peter Harte, Tyrone's best future player. Not to but the pressure on but future Tyrone great right there  ;).  Thank christ he's getting his starts now at last.

While Dublin showed their class in the first half, I'd be more worried that it took them 27 minutes to score a 3rd point in the 2nd half. Tyrone went for goals too early and Dublin's 1st half patch seen them through. Once Joe went off, things got shakier at the back. Could MH not see that Dublin were totally exposing Davey from their kick outs.

But Tyrone had a good stab at it in the 2nd, just couldn't make that period of domination show on the score board. Suppose can look forward to the return of the two McMahons, SON, Mulligan, Enda McGinley and Dooher in some capacity, (whether just for his presence) to put them into some sort of championship contention, perhaps not an AI, but with a full compliment today, I'd have fancied a much closer contest.

By the way, that 5th point of Dublin's was wide for sure, had a good angle on it and even the linesman looked perplexed in front of me.

That aside well done to the Dubs who came up for the game. Made the usual racket behind the goals with the usual carrying on but hope you enjoyed the day outside the M50. :P
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken