Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Micka's just stirring for another 'Battle of Omagh', like 2006.

Sorry Micka, this is the last game of the league, not the first, and no matter how you try we're going to play football this time. So wind up all you like  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

micka the dub

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 01, 2010, 09:39:57 PM
Micka's just stirring for another 'Battle of Omagh', like 2006.

Sorry Micka, this is the last game of the league, not the first, and no matter how you try we're going to play football this time. So wind up all you like  ;)
ha ha.nah i dont know how true that story is ,probably an urban myth.

omagh_gael

I see Derek Fahy has been named as the match referee...anyone any opinions on this? Can't remember anything of the top of my head which would set alarm bells ringing (although probably wrong!)

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 03, 2010, 09:53:06 AM
I see Derek Fahy has been named as the match referee...anyone any opinions on this? Can't remember anything of the top of my head which would set alarm bells ringing (although probably wrong!)

He refereed the Greencastle v Duagh game in 2007. I found him to be a decent enough ref for both teams.

Don't know what he's like now that he's on the county scene.
Testing Accessibility

AFS

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 03, 2010, 09:53:06 AM

Hope he heads to the right pitch.

omagh_gael

Five days to the game now lads an lassies. Anyone willing to have a stab at the starting XV on Sunday? My team would be...

Packie
Carlin
Justy (I'm assuming he's fit again
Mc Carron
Red Sean
Gormley
Davey/Ricey (undecided)
C Cavanagh
Cassidy
Coney
S Cavanagh
P Harte
T Mc Guigan
Penrose
Mc Cullagh

I have left out Mugsy as it has been mentioned that he's unavailable, TMcG gets his place although he wouldn't start in my 15 If Mugsy was there

Kerry Mike

QuoteHe refereed the Greencastle v Duagh game in 2007. I found him to be a decent enough ref for both teams.

Thats cause ye fecking won, He is hardly flavour of the month in Duagh ;)

C'mon the Dubs (jaysus that's hard to say out load)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 06, 2010, 08:52:56 PM
Five days to the game now lads an lassies. Anyone willing to have a stab at the starting XV on Sunday? My team would be...

Packie
Carlin
Mc Carron
Red Sean
Gormley
Davey/Ricey (undecided)
C Cavanagh
Cassidy
Coney
S Cavanagh
P Harte
T Mc Guigan
Penrose
Mc Cullagh

I have left out Mugsy as it has been mentioned that he's unavailable, TMcG gets his place although he wouldn't start in my 15 If Mugsy was there

Would be very suprised if Phily Jordan doesn't start after his contribution the last day. Still the best wing half back in Tyrone. Would also be suprised if Joe McMahon doesn't start. He'll probably be full back as I can't see Justy being ready. Also would imagine Mugsy would be available for such an important game. Don't think Harte would be that impressed if he made himself unavailable for a second time.

ziggysego

Quote from: Kerry Mike on April 06, 2010, 09:37:00 PM
QuoteHe refereed the Greencastle v Duagh game in 2007. I found him to be a decent enough ref for both teams.

Thats cause ye fecking won, He is hardly flavour of the month in Duagh ;)

C'mon the Dubs (jaysus that's hard to say out load)

Typical Kerry wans, blame the ref!  ;D
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 06, 2010, 10:22:41 PM

Packie
Carlin
Mc Carron
Red Sean
Gormley
Davey/Ricey (undecided)
C Cavanagh
Cassidy
Coney
S Cavanagh
P Harte
T Mc Guigan
Penrose
Mc Cullagh

Would be very suprised if Phily Jordan doesn't start after his contribution the last day. Still the best wing half back in Tyrone. Would also be suprised if Joe McMahon doesn't start. He'll probably be full back as I can't see Justy being ready. Also would imagine Mugsy would be available for such an important game. Don't think Harte would be that impressed if he made himself unavailable for a second time.
its mugsy's bro's wedding nah?? cant see him blowing off barry for a league game in all honesty.

so its gonna be

packie
   carlin           joe       McCarron (hope not though. liability)

jordan       rock        nephew

colm          cass

coney(dont think so)/mulgrew    cavanagh      nephew 2 (definite)

mellon       penfold        tommy

would be suprised to see mccullagh with no starts in the league at all playing this one who else is there??
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: trileacman on April 06, 2010, 11:06:23 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 06, 2010, 10:22:41 PM

Packie
Carlin
Mc Carron
Red Sean
Gormley
Davey/Ricey (undecided)
C Cavanagh
Cassidy
Coney
S Cavanagh
P Harte
T Mc Guigan
Penrose
Mc Cullagh

its mugsy's bro's wedding nah?? cant see him blowing off barry for a league game in all honesty.

so its gonna be

packie
carlin   joe

I thought he was his cousin but could be wrong. The wedding is Saturday and the game is Sunday so he wouldn't be missing it.

trileacman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 06, 2010, 11:11:44 PM

I thought he was his cousin but could be wrong. The wedding is Saturday and the game is Sunday so he wouldn't be missing it.
Nah i'd say your right, im going by something i read on here so don't hold me to it. probably will be playing if this is the case.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omagh_gael

D'Oh! I knew I by-passed a couple of obvious starters, Joe and Philly definitely would be in the starting 15 i'd swap them with TMcG and Nephew respectively. Something like this...

Packie

Carlin        Justy         Mc Carron

S O'Neill     Block        Jordan

Cass  C Cav  Joe

Coney     Mc Cullagh    Harte

S Cav    Penrose

I realise Colm Mc Cullagh hasnt played much but i'd like to see get a full game to show us what sort of form he's in and he usually plays very well again de dubs. If Mugsy is available i'd sacrifice Mc Cullaghs start and move S Cav out to HF line and Mugsy into FF line with Penrose             

ONeill

Last run-out before the Championship. Any word on O'Neill and Dooher?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

From HS:

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte has confirmed that star forward Stephen O'Neill is close to making his return from injury, but will play no part when the Red Hands welcome Dublin to Omagh this Sunday.

O'Neill dislocated his elbow during the McKenna Cup final defeat to Donegal back in January and is expected to be available again for Harte when his team clash with Antrim in their Ulster SFC opener.

"He won't be ready, simple as that," said Harte.

"There is no point in rushing him back and damaging it further. The important thing is that he will be ok for the Antrim championship game."

Full-back Justin McMahon has also been ruled out for the Dubs visit after picking up an injury against Galway, but there is some good news ahead of this weekend as Kevin Hughes is set for a return to action after missing the last three games through injury.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.