Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 11, 2010, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 07:29:40 PM
Would be remiss of me not to give Dublin some credit. Played really well today. Defence looks solid and we didn't have to resort to the previous ridiculous tactics of 13 men back. When Baz and Alan came on with Mc Auley we got to see our full whack.
Thought Mc Mahon and O Carroll were outstanding. Fennell played his best game for us and Bernard was brilliant. Could be an all-time great in time. He is an absolute genius.
Alan and Bernard up front is a mouth watering prospect and Mc menamon compliments them well. He is good at what Bernard isn't and I like his attitude in terms of ball winning and taking on men.
Flynn played very well too and Henry had his best game too date. Corkery had a decent outing and surprsied me. Just never would have seen him do that at county level- but its only one game.

Negatives-

Tyrone were diabolical. Atrocious really.
Drawing board stuff for MH I'm afraid.
Hughes beat us at midfield in the 2nd half
Took 20 mins to score in the 2nd half

Still a good day all round for Dublin but still very disappointed not to make the league final. Would have been good for us.

I'm not saying you're off the mark, maybe a bit over zealous, but what does that say for Dublin in the second half? That was a very good Dublin team but Tyrone dominated for vast periods in the 2nd, just had nothing to show for it. Tyrone's weak defence were largely able to either force errors or win frees for most of the 2nd half as well.

Enjoying your cute hoorism talking down Dulbin's prospects. Can we expect less expectant hype coming from the capital this summer?

This is a dublin team beaten by kerry by 18 points last year. Some of us are sensible enough to know where we stand in the pecking order. ie 2nd tied side.
A level Tyrone are now at.

you are going to be dissappointed again this year...
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

INDIANA

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on April 11, 2010, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 11, 2010, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 07:29:40 PM
Would be remiss of me not to give Dublin some credit. Played really well today. Defence looks solid and we didn't have to resort to the previous ridiculous tactics of 13 men back. When Baz and Alan came on with Mc Auley we got to see our full whack.
Thought Mc Mahon and O Carroll were outstanding. Fennell played his best game for us and Bernard was brilliant. Could be an all-time great in time. He is an absolute genius.
Alan and Bernard up front is a mouth watering prospect and Mc menamon compliments them well. He is good at what Bernard isn't and I like his attitude in terms of ball winning and taking on men.
Flynn played very well too and Henry had his best game too date. Corkery had a decent outing and surprsied me. Just never would have seen him do that at county level- but its only one game.

Negatives-

Tyrone were diabolical. Atrocious really.
Drawing board stuff for MH I'm afraid.
Hughes beat us at midfield in the 2nd half
Took 20 mins to score in the 2nd half

Still a good day all round for Dublin but still very disappointed not to make the league final. Would have been good for us.

I'm not saying you're off the mark, maybe a bit over zealous, but what does that say for Dublin in the second half? That was a very good Dublin team but Tyrone dominated for vast periods in the 2nd, just had nothing to show for it. Tyrone's weak defence were largely able to either force errors or win frees for most of the 2nd half as well.

Enjoying your cute hoorism talking down Dulbin's prospects. Can we expect less expectant hype coming from the capital this summer?

This is a dublin team beaten by kerry by 18 points last year. Some of us are sensible enough to know where we stand in the pecking order. ie 2nd tied side.
A level Tyrone are now at.

you are going to be dissappointed again this year...

hopefully not we should make the last 8 thats our expectation this season. Anything after that is a bonus.

under the bar

If Tyrone had only been beaten by 3 would they have stayed up or would Mayo's head win have seen them through anyway?

ziggysego

Should have known the ref would make me eat my words, woeful!

Dublin fully deserved their win today at Omagh. Tyrone had a great second half, with Kevin Hughes making a huge difference when he came on. However the damage was done in the first half. Tyrone just didn't seem to be up for the game today and Dublin were looking for the win a lot more than us. Surprisingly really, as we needed the win a lot than they did.

Doesn't fill me with a lot of hope for summer football, but I won't lose heart just yet. Tyrone have a tenancy to come back when we least expect it. With SoN to return and possibility Dooher, there's hope yet.

Must also say, Peter Harte is a gutsy wee footballer and showed a lot of fight, right up to the final whistle.
Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

Must also say, Peter Harte is a gutsy wee footballer and showed a lot of fight, right up to the final whistle.

It's known as the Errigal factor, which rapidly diminishes the further east you go within the county.  In the Moy the factor is zero.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 06:19:32 PM

Yep got dublin badly wrong and glad to be wrong but to be fair to me thats the first time I've seen tyrone this year. And I didn't realise how bad you've gone.

And as mentioned earlier I believe you were also amongst those who predicted Tyrone had no chance in 2008 before the Red Hands hammered the Dubs. You might well be right about the current Tyrone team but I wouldnt be overly hasty on judging them on a particularly poor performance today. Tyrone still managed to defeat both Cork and Kerry in the league and suffered for losing a couple of games by the narrowest of margins. The season now depends on getting the key men fit and how the mood is in the panel. If it comes together Tyrone will still take some beating. Only time will tell if that happens.

tyroneman

Thought today left more questions than answers. Cass and Colm were cleaned out in MF, only Hub stood up and was counted in there.

Either Sean or Cass should have stayed in at FF. Too often we Ended up turning back on ourselves as there was noone to hit ball into. SON will rectify that.

Pete did very well and, like Coney, will be a star for Tyrone in the future.

Gilroy had the tactics sorted in first half. Systematic fouling in rotation, persistent blocking runs off the ball and then take lads off when they collect the tick after their yellow. Derry 2006 springs to mind.

As has been said already Ryrone were way to keen to get a second goal instead of keeping the scoreboard ticking over. If they had drawn level Dubs would have collapsed.

Thought Curren did well. 

Bensars

Have to agree with Indiana on this one. Based upon today nad the league just gone, this is a tyrone side very much in transition.

The reality is that with 10  minutes left in a tight championship game  ( bar SON ) there is no go to guy, with not only the football ability but guile as well.

Tyrone are now in that second tier.

There seems to be an awful lot of confusion and running up blind alleys ( if you hadnt seen Tyrone over the last 8 years you could almost be excused for thinking there no game plan).

heffo

Quote from: tyroneman on April 11, 2010, 09:05:54 PM

Systematic fouling in rotation, persistent blocking runs off the ball and then take lads off when they collect the tick after their yellow.

Enough about Tyrone 2003-9.

Dubs were good today, B Brogan up front was top class again.

Pity Cork threw the game down there as a league final would've been better preparation than a game v Wexford.

Bensars

Bernard brogan scored 6 points from play in the first 15 minutes. It also appearred he was not at full pelt either.

That Tyrone side of a few years ago would simply not allowed that to happen. Corrective action would have been taken further out the field to prevernt ( or at the very least severly curtail) the quality of the ball coming in.

Its quite scary at the minute how out of sorts Tyrone are

Zulu

Quote from: heffo on April 11, 2010, 09:18:07 PM

Systematic fouling in rotation, persistent blocking runs off the ball and then take lads off when they collect the tick after their yellow.

Pity Cork threw the game down there as a league final would've been better preparation than a game v Wexford.

Don't know heffo, congrats by the way, I think this is the ideal scenario for Dublin. They can get the head down now and work on bringing things together, safe in the knowledge that they won't have to be at their best to at least get a decent run in Leinster. In truth Dublin will probably make the final while still ironing out the little kinks in their game and getting Keaney and A Brogan more game time. A league final, if it went south, would undo the benefits of the league in one afternoon. I think Dublin are better off avoiding Cork for the moment.

As for Tyrone, I wouldn't be writing off a team that has some big guns to come back. They've beaten both Cork and Kerry in this league so they can't be as bad as some are saying. They'll still be a team to be reckoned with this summer but they are more beatable this year than they have been in the past 7 or 8 years.

the processor

Quote from: Zulu on April 11, 2010, 09:34:05 PM

Don't know heffo, congrats by the way, I think this is the ideal scenario for Dublin. They can get the head down now and work on bringing things together, safe in the knowledge that they won't have to be at their best to at least get a decent run in Leinster. In truth Dublin will probably make the final while still ironing out the little kinks in their game and getting Keaney and A Brogan more game time. A league final, if it went south, would undo the benefits of the league in one afternoon. I think Dublin are better off avoiding Cork for the moment.

As for Tyrone, I wouldn't be writing off a team that has some big guns to come back. They've beaten both Cork and Kerry in this league so they can't be as bad as some are saying. They'll still be a team to be reckoned with this summer but they are more beatable this year than they have been in the past 7 or 8 years.
wise up, Cork were in 2nd gear and should have won by 10, kerry were toyin with Tyrone too, Tyrone has to understand Gormly, Jordan, harte and mc menamin are way past their best!!! ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Pity Cork threw the game down there
as a league final would've been better preparation than a game v Wexford.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Where you at the game did you see it, no I bet ya didn't. Mayo where very good in the second half and good in the first, they defended like Dublin has been this year, the big difference is Mayo is the highest scoring team in the League. Thats why MAYO finished FIRST in division 1 and DUBLIN came THIRD.

Was listening to a Cork station on the way up, alot of Cork people where texting in that they had heard texts coming in on another national radio station from Dubs who where pure bitter, all the Cork people where laughing that why did they want to play Cork again after they got pasted, it was Mayo that hammered Cork not Dublin or were the Dubs as deluded as ever. I switched over to Newstalk at Limerick and the texts from the Dubs where a disgrace.

Go eat another

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

heffo

I'm not being at all bitter - Mayo won today and deservedly so.

The facts remain that Cork made ten changes to the team that stormed through the league and Shields not making it made eleven.

Others can make their own minds up on that.

ONeill

While disappointed to be playing in division two next year, Tyrone got what they deserved and the alarm bells are ringing. Tyrone could quite easily have lost all seven games. They didn't deserve to beat Cork and were jammy enough against Kerry.

The next match is Antrim at a buzzing Casement Park. It could be quite an occasion. We've had about 5 minute bursts of promise per game. Good article in the Times today (London) on Ricey. He says they all knew last year they were coasting without pushing themselves; there was no competition for places. I wasn't convinced he thought this year was reigniting the old flame.

Mickey has his work cut out. Tyrone need the 03/05 lads back and fit as well as the 2 McMahons, a corner back in Quinn/Swift/McCarron/Carlin - a midfield sorted (Cassidy I'm starting to fear may not reach the heights of the Cork game), probably need McGinley, Hub, Mugsy, O'Neill etc fighting and fully fit. The likes of Gormley, Ricey and Harte may be a yard slower but I still think they're better than what is coming through at the present moment. When does Mickey bite the bullet and make big changes for the Championship line-up? Not this year - I don't think the oul lads have emptied the tank just yet. This year will be a watershed either way for the golden generation.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.