Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just to get the ball rolling...

Happy with the application of the players (in the main) last night, but still a few problem positions.

Should have Justy back, and possibly Stevie on the bench.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

trileacman

My view on the final week:

Galway V Derry: Galway have nothing to play for, Derry haven't much hope. Both teams have had a poor league and galway have been fortunate to accumulate the points they have IMO. Derry have a piss away record though and pearse stadium is no wee jaunt for them, galway have also played well there. Galway should win if they approach it in anyway the right manner. Galway.

Mayo V Cork: The second most pointless tie of the round. Cork are safe (thanks lads!  :P) and can approach this how they want. Mayo can still be caught and so should be pushing for the victory. This match has drawn or Cork victory written all over it. Cork are probably the team of the league so I plump with them. Cork.

Dublin V Tyrone: Tyrone home advantage, have won all but one match in Healy park. Dublin won the last match in Healy Park though. Tyrone need to win. It all depends on Harte's selection. Undecided.

Monaghan V Kerry: Kerry playing badly, home advantage though. The tie of the round. should be a great game. Both teams know they survive if they win. Kerry's fear of being relegated by Tyrone on a head to head should see Kerry progress. It would be to big an insult to them for that to happen. Kerry feel they are a division 1 team. Monaghan would have a nagging thought they might only be a division 2 team. Kerry.

Selection is key.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

I'm told that SoN is hoping to be back for this game. Be great to see him coming off the bench for it.
Testing Accessibility

up tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on March 28, 2010, 07:25:30 PM

I'm told that SoN is hoping to be back for this game. Be great to see him coming off the bench for it.
Stevie is away on a sking holiday that weekend and Mugsy is best man at barry mulligans wedding that saturday so i`d be doubtful if he`s playing either.

omagh_gael

Fair play to you FOSB for the correct Irish spelling...you're a better man than me ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

You were only a few degrees out in the angle of your fadas omagh gael, nothing to get inferior about  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

I will make sure to use my protractor next time HS :)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: up tyrone on March 28, 2010, 07:29:17 PM

Stevie is away on a sking holiday that weekend and Mugsy is best man at barry mulligans wedding that saturday so i`d be doubtful if he`s playing either.

This is the same Stevie O'Neill who collects injuries like pokeman cards, and he is going sking!!  :o
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 28, 2010, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: up tyrone on March 28, 2010, 07:29:17 PM

This is the same Stevie O'Neill who collects injuries like pokeman cards, and he is going sking!!  :o

You collect pokeman cards?!   :o

INDIANA

Precious little chance of Dublin pulling this one off after last weekend.

Hound

Well Alan Brogan is back fit and ready, so presumably Gilroy will give him a game  ???
I'd like to see the forward line containing the two Brogans and the two McManamons.

Hopefully we'll try something different in midfield, though I don't think any of the options are any good. Emphasises how ridiculous it was of Gilroy to force Whelan and Ryan into retirement.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on March 29, 2010, 09:46:25 AM
Well Alan Brogan is back fit and ready, so presumably Gilroy will give him a game  ???
I'd like to see the forward line containing the two Brogans and the two McManamons.

Hopefully we'll try something different in midfield, though I don't think any of the options are any good. Emphasises how ridiculous it was of Gilroy to force Whelan and Ryan into retirement.

They have to persist with Mc auley because he can catch the ball. The rest of any defiencies can be worked on . But if you can't catch the ball there you shouldn't be playing.

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on March 29, 2010, 10:14:58 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 29, 2010, 09:46:25 AM

They have to persist with Mc auley because he can catch the ball. The rest of any defiencies can be worked on . But if you can't catch the ball there you shouldn't be playing.
Yeah, that'd be one change, trying him from the start there. Maybe Bastick or Magee alongside him (though I think the two of them and Fennell are all about the same standard). McConnell has a good engine and can take a score, so I'd have him as one of our roving half "forwards".

Fuzzman

Sure is a strange league for Tyrone with us ONLY beating last years All-Ire finalists.

All the teams are well capable beating each other on their day though I'm surprised how Derry have seemed to let the league pass them by. I wonder is that half intentional.

The wife's cousin is young McAuley so I've an added interest in how he does.
I've saw him play for Bodens in last year's Dublin final and on TV a few times in the league this year.
He looks to have plenty of potential but seems to take the wrong option a lot of times.
Apparently he's quite the basketball player so I suppose he'd be used to high fielding and ball winning skills. His kicking needs a bit of work though he does come up with the odd score.

After Dublin's recent poor performances and our slow improvement I think this could be another close game. I wish I was able to attend it but I think I'll have to stay in the capital and watch it with the Dubs in a pub again.

Would be good if SoN was able to make a performance but I suppose the long rest will do him good again. I'd say Jordan & big Sean are chomping at the bit now to get back into it and show they've still loads to give.

micka the dub

lads i cant nderstand tyrone being even a little anxious over this game as as much as i hate to say it but indiana called this systems bluff weeks ago.the dublin lads at times dont understand what way they are meant to be playing.when we went at galway we tore into them but gilroy doesnt seem to trust these players to just go out and play football,probably understandable given the hidings we have taken over the last 2 years.id like to see the brogans and keaney start and if giller is intent on playing henry as an extra defender then name him in the hf forwards so he can do his tracking from there. id start mcauley and fennell in mid because imo mcconnell should not be even on the dublin panel.but after experimenting with this system for 6 nfl games i cant see him changing it now and if we dont tyrone will beat us with plenty to spare.
did someone say mugsy is away,we will miss his trademark goal celebration against the dubs,the one were he slowly walks in front of us cupping his ears.we love you too owen :P