New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 18, 2022, 11:05:34 PM
My car is just past 3 years old and out of warranty now. Just wondering if I should persist with the dealer services (to get the electronic service history logged) or just go to a local mechanic? Dealer is £350 odd, local man obviously a lot cheaper. How big of a factor to the car value in the future is having the dealer service history versus paper bill/receipt? from local fella

It depends on how long you are going to keep it. If you are going to trade it in within the next couple of years, you might as well keep going to the dealer. If you are keeping it for a decade then a different strategy might be appropriate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

As a wise man once said 'you're selling a car from the day you buy it'. Get the dealer to service and stamp it, then take their list of requirements to your local mechanic

quit yo jibbajabba

Mot ran out May ish time. Tax ran out start this month. Have MOT booked for Sept (fcuk that shit of runnin round lookin cancellations not my fault the system is a shambles)

Cant go online to renew tax and also cant phone to sort due to no MOT. Any way around this o wise ones??

delgany

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 22, 2022, 01:06:30 PM
Mot ran out May ish time. Tax ran out start this month. Have MOT booked for Sept (fcuk that shit of runnin round lookin cancellations not my fault the system is a shambles)

Cant go online to renew tax and also cant phone to sort due to no MOT. Any way around this o wise ones??

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/change-your-mot-vehicle-test-appointment-online

Used this link ..only way I could an MOT

delgany

Quote from: delgany on July 22, 2022, 01:38:30 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 22, 2022, 01:06:30 PM

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/change-your-mot-vehicle-test-appointment-online

Used this link ..only way I could an MOT, get on first thing

quit yo jibbajabba

ah cheers Delgany im actually at the "run her into the ground stage" as i was told another MOT could be unlikely. I thought there maybe was a way of still gettin her taxed while waiting on MOT date.

I may go buy a new car ffs 😮

snoopdog

Could anyone recommend a website or supplier of aftermarket trim for a car  looking for a front grill.

general

Quote from: snoopdog on August 02, 2022, 10:52:46 PM
Could anyone recommend a website or supplier of aftermarket trim for a car  looking for a front grill.

try eurocarparts.com or micksgarage.com

snoopdog

Quote from: general on August 03, 2022, 09:16:54 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 02, 2022, 10:52:46 PM

try eurocarparts.com or micksgarage.com
Cheers I will look them up.

bigfrank

Anyone drive or know of anyone that has a VAUXHALL GRANDLAND jeep? Any opinions on them? Getting new family vehicle in next few weeks and looking at a Tiguan,Vauxhall insignia or possibly a vw arteon but I'm probably dreaming with the last shout

general_lee

As a rule of thumb I avoid Vauxhalls like the plague.

Kidder81

Quote from: general_lee on August 10, 2022, 09:23:03 AM
As a rule of thumb I avoid Vauxhalls like the plague.

Absolutely

trailer

Turf

Nothing wrong with Opels. Had an Insignia for years and never let me down, must have put 250,000km on it and never gave me an ounce of trouble. Great car.