Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Ulick

Dundalk are halfway through their league and the new Cetlic manager has hardly even had three competitive games. They would have lost that game last year, so a distinct improvement so far.

T Fearon

Dundalk are a part time club in a sub standard league playing and beating the same standard teams that Celtic are struggling with.

imtommygunn

Seriously Celtic are through. Yes they're through. Have you noticed that?

Dry your eyes and support your team.

Don't give us this crap about highly paid managers etc etc. They're through. Yes they're through.

Dundalk etc are irrelevant unless celtic play them.

Let me repeat again support your team. I am unconvinced if you would be happier if they were beat. Then you would be "right" I guess ::)

Also you are ruining this thread from people who are genuine.

illdecide

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2016, 09:06:03 AM
Seriously Celtic are through. Yes they're through. Have you noticed that? Correct

Dry your eyes and support your team. Correct

Don't give us this crap about highly paid managers etc etc. They're through. Yes they're through. Correct

Dundalk etc are irrelevant unless celtic play them. Correct

Let me repeat again support your team. I am unconvinced if you would be happier if they were beat. Then you would be "right" I guess ::) At this point he'll say "I had £5 on that result last night"

Also you are ruining this thread from people who are genuine. Correct
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DuffleKing

I was going to ask Tony how long he thought it would take for a new coach to have an effect, never mind a significant effect on the performance of a group of average players but then I realised that despite his morose consumption of so much sport, he actually hasn't a clue about anything he's watching.

I'm trying to remember all of the coaches / managers of the teams he's 'supported' that Tony has savaged based on his understanding (😀) of what they should be able to achieve, sometimes within minutes of taking the reins.

Ronnie D, Brendan Rogers, Paul Grimley, Justin McNulty, Peter McDonnell, Kieran McGeeney... I'm sure there are many more.

T Fearon

Do you think B Rogers was told at interview that the club would like to qualify for Champions League groups but never worry we know you need time to settle in? No,me neither.It was undoubtedly an agreed key target.This is why so called top managers are paid top dollar to deliver immediately.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 10:28:46 AM
Do you think B Rogers was told at interview that the club would like to qualify for Champions League groups but never worry we know you need time to settle in? No,me neither.It was undoubtedly an agreed key target.This is why so called top managers are paid top dollar to deliver immediately.

Well do far the man has done nothing but deliver Tony, true?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 04, 2016, 12:21:48 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2016, 11:52:39 PM
Jesus lads, Fearon and his opinions are more important to you than the club's current fortunes. FFS, he's a clown.

And then some. Is he / she a real person?

Oh yes, he is also related to O'Neill, another piss take artist.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Applesisapples

Tony should sell his shares and join the OWC supporters Club, sure he could go to Ibrox with them every other week.

T Fearon

I want what is best for Celtic.I am far from convinced with this manager.His start has been poor overall and he has no established pedigree and doesn't learn from past.mistakes.

general_lee

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 12:10:05 PM
I want what is best for Celtic.I am far from convinced with this manager.His start has been poor overall and he has no established pedigree and doesn't learn from past.mistakes.
Given the inherent lack of quality in the Celtic squad I really don't know what you expect? Scottish football has regressed so much in 20 years, Celtic are barely Championship standard (imo) and here you are ridiculing a manager who has only had a handful of games so far.

illdecide

Who is in the play-off draw?
Champions route:
Seeded
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) coefficient 44.585
FC Salzburg (AUT) 42.520
Celtic (SCO) 40.460
APOEL (CYP) 35.935
Legia Warszawa (POL) 28.000

Unseeded
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) 25.775
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) 25.625
FC København (DEN) 24.720
Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) 4.725
Dundalk (IRL) 2.590

These teams will be drawn against each other...Seeded v Unseeded. This is the League Champions group.

League route:
Seeded
Manchester City* (ENG) 99.256
Porto* (POR) 92.616
Villarreal* (ESP) 60.142
Ajax (NED) 58.112
Borussia Mönchengladbach* (GER) 42.035

Unseeded
Roma* (ITA) 41.587
Steaua București (ROU) 36.576
Monaco (FRA) 36.549
Young Boys (SUI) 24.755
Rostov (RUS) 11.716

This is the next batch who will be drawn against each other...Seeded v unseeded...This is the league route (not Champions)

The draw will be at 11:00am tomorrow morning.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 12:10:05 PM

Has his start been poor 'overall' though? They lost his first game in charge against a bunch of amateurs from Gibraltar. That's not a good start alright. However since then they've won that return leg comfortably, got a draw away against a very rich team, and beat them in the return leg.

I just think you do this too often. You back yourself into a corner with a contrarian opinion, and then continue to hold fast against an ever mounting onslaught of facts that would undermine that opinion, until you end up becoming a parody of yourself in every argument.

If you just said "I doubt if Rodgers is good enough, let's see what happens this season" it would be fair enough. But you can never, ever, just leave it at 'fair enough'.

T Fearon

If Rogers succeeds I'll be the first to applaud him.I don't see any signs though.Defeated by Lincoln was three times worse than England's defeat to Iceland.The guy has arrogance but no.passion and as he proved.with Liverpool does not learn from his mistakes.

None of Celtic's potential opponents in next round can match us in terms of player budgets,fanbase,history etc.I doubt Stephen Kenny earns as much as 2% of Rogers salary.So there is no excuse for failure.

yellowcard

Dundalk or the Israeli champions would be the easiest draw for Celtic and they should beat either side over 2 legs. Any of the other teams are 50/50 matches that could go either way. Celtic are sorely lacking quality in the side and I agree that they are mostly low-mid championship standard players.