Phone Echo

Started by Feckitt, September 24, 2013, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

I live in Newry, and I hear a lot of people locally are having a problem where they are getting the echo of their own voice back when they try to make a call.  I get it with about every 2nd or 3rd call.  Any techy people out there know what this is?  It seems to be irrespective of mobile network?
If it was just me I would think that the hoors have tapped my phone, but it seems to be widespread.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Feckitt on September 24, 2013, 11:48:18 AM
I live in Newry, and I hear a lot of people locally are having a problem where they are getting the echo of their own voice back when they try to make a call.  I get it with about every 2nd or 3rd call.  Any techy people out there know what this is?  It seems to be irrespective of mobile network?
If it was just me I would think that the hoors have tapped my phone, but it seems to be widespread.

Feckitt it has been happening to me for several months mow.  I am with O2 and spoke to them the other day about it.  They have been investigating it and have said they are not sure but they think it might be from 3rd party interference.  Maybe the auld interference from PSNI radios has come back with a vengeance! 

amallon

I'm on Vodafone and get it now and again in the Newry area.  Its not that often though, probably one call in 30.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lawnseed

yes.. very common in the south Armagh area on o2. also when you try to ring someone the call doesn't go through and you end up listening to yourself cursing >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lawnseed

Quote from: ONeill on September 24, 2013, 10:16:08 PM
It's the Brits.
jeez and me ordering a couple of containers of counterfeit fags and a half dozen tankers of red diesel to wash
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once