Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 10:31:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2018, 09:57:30 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 09:41:21 PM
well what if someone identifies as a 14 year old girl/boy - can they have sex with the 14 year old girl/boy?

Still against the law here.. if someone identifies themselves as 14 they would be 14 no?

children are sexually more aware than what you would have been when you were 14, good or bad that's how it is...
the self identifying movement though creates loop holes?
if a 60 year old man says he is really a 16 year old boy he can have consensual sex with a 16 year old girl.  Not sure on all the laws but I think the age of consent laws are more relaxed if the two are close in age (even underage)...
so what if a man says he's really a 16 year old boy? theres lots of nuances and grey areas and children suffer

to answer Gabe - I picked that over American beauty because it closely resembled the Lurgan case. You see what you want to see

how does a 17 and a 25 year old closely resemble the Lurgan case?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 10:46:29 PMSure you're still a boy yourself?

Classy stuff .......... going to threaten me with a box next?

Milltown Row2

A 60 year old man is 60! Whether he in his own head thinks he's 14  is entirely different.. in the Uk if a man and woman or girl over the age of 16 gave consensual sex then that's the law, now you can't change that..

What's underage? 15? It's still against the law regardless, if a 16 year old has sex with 15 year old it's against the law and the 16 risks being put on the sex offenders list and charged

Same thing if a 60 year old woman had sex with a 16 year old boy

If you come in and are not sure about the laws look them up first before giving hypothetical questions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 10:46:29 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2018, 10:43:00 PM
It's pretty obvious what I (and everyone else) can see what you were at.

You are the one coming in screaming about a film (that you incorrectly described)

QuoteGay man targeted for grooming a 14 year old boy. Hollywood promotes man boy relationship.
Gabe a 17 year old is still a boy in my book. Sure you're still a boy yourself?

So in your book a 17 year old can't have sex with a 25 year? Regardless of the laws which says different..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2018, 10:50:32 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 25, 2018, 10:46:29 PMSure you're still a boy yourself?

Gabe you like to put words in my mouth. You baited me when you first entered the conversation and you're baiting me now.  I never threatened Eamonn with a box I said a few years ago that he was going to get one because of his constant badgering and I don't think I was on the first on the board to say something like that and I doubt I'll be the last.  He didn't get a box and has since ended his crusade. I don't know what your problem is. If you want to take it up with me on PM go ahead.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2018, 10:56:36 PM

You are the one coming in screaming about a film (that you incorrectly described)

QuoteGay man targeted for grooming a 14 year old boy. Hollywood promotes man boy relationship.

So in your book a 17 year old can't have sex with a 25 year? Regardless of the laws which says different..
I do understand the laws. My hypothetical questions have been to ask your opinions on it (regardless of the laws). I don't care that the legal age is 16 - my kids won't be having sex at 16 if I can help it. I woulldn't allow my 17 year old daughter (one day) to date a 25 year old, a 30 year old or a 60 year old - if it's legal or not. That's what I'm asking you - would you?
The legal age is different in many countries. 14 is ok in Germany and that lad in Lurgan would have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law but in Ireland he is going to jail (by the way I have no sympathy for him).....but these nuances challenge our thinking on it all surely?
I would like to just engage in healthy discussion on the matter instead of the likes of Gabe reading a mile into my psyche and wrongly ascertaining my intentions.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on January 26, 2018, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2018, 10:50:32 PM

Gabe you like to put words in my mouth. You baited me when you first entered the conversation and you're baiting me now.  I never threatened Eamonn with a box I said a few years ago that he was going to get one because of his constant badgering and I don't think I was on the first on the board to say something like that and I doubt I'll be the last.  He didn't get a box and has since ended his crusade. I don't know what your problem is. If you want to take it up with me on PM go ahead.

belfastkev

Quote from: The Iceman on January 26, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

I do understand the laws. My hypothetical questions have been to ask your opinions on it (regardless of the laws). I don't care that the legal age is 16 - my kids won't be having sex at 16 if I can help it. I woulldn't allow my 17 year old daughter (one day) to date a 25 year old, a 30 year old or a 60 year old - if it's legal or not. That's what I'm asking you - would you?
The legal age is different in many countries. 14 is ok in Germany and that lad in Lurgan would have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law but in Ireland he is going to jail (by the way I have no sympathy for him).....but these nuances challenge our thinking on it all surely?
I would like to just engage in healthy discussion on the matter instead of the likes of Gabe reading a mile into my psyche and wrongly ascertaining my intentions.

The Chief Constable of the RUC/PSNI has stated that there have been NO convictions due to the actions of these vigilantes:

http://www.thejournal.ie/paedophile-hunter-groups-ireland-3790290-Jan2018/

So I highly doubt that anybody is going to go to jail because of something that the vigilantes have "caught" them doing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on January 26, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

A bit of advice, dont control your kids, give them sense to make the right decisions..

I'd already said that any right thinking parent would object to a 60 year old dating their 16/17 year old child (boy/girl) but you have to accept that not every kid grows up in a loving family, were there is plenty of support and sensible thinking...

If the law in one country says they can at whatever age, then it doesnt make it morally right, but thats just that... My daughters will be/are dating lads... they run in a circle of friends that go to school together so they are really only exposed to people of the same age, you are talking about very rare opportunities that a person in their 60's will have an opportunity with a 16/17 year old andif that happens there is generally something wrong with both of them, one a pervert the other confused vunerable or just looking attention (the case of the oil Barron)

Elvis met his future wife when she was 14, married after 7 years of courtship and had a family.. one example of a older male with a young girl, do you think Elvis was a pervert?

Like i posted on here already, there is not a single person i believe encourages a releationship with a 60 year old (man/woman) with a 16/17 year old (girl/boy)

The film is just that a story of a friendship growing into a relationship, people will continually have a crush on older people, the film the Graduate prime example

The Iceman

I wouldn't stand by as the parent of a 14 year old girl and let her date a 24 year old  - no. Do I think he was a pervert? No.  But I do think the gap is too much at that age.  Just reading in to the history of the relationship it says he introduced her to drugs in 1962 when she was 17 and it became part of her lifestyle and theirs together. At 16/17 years old being introduced to drugs by a well known, older celebrity and being allowed at that age by her parents to move in with him... I would have continued parenting and not allowed it to happen until she was 18 I believe. I don't think it's controlling. My motivation here would be to protect the girl the same way you make your kids put on a seat belt in the car...this isn't to stop your fun it's to protect you from harm.

Who know's what Elvis would have messaged to this girl had Tinder or text messaging been around back in his day. How would it be handled by the media today if a 24 year old Beiber pursued a 14 year old?

I think there needs to be some additional layer of protection for teens in the age of consent laws.  If they are low so as not to criminalize teenage sex they could perhaps add a provision around age gap that lasts to 18 at least to avoid predators flaunting the law and 60 year old men legally having sex with 16 year olds.

johnneycool

Quote from: The Iceman on January 26, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
I wouldn't stand by as the parent of a 14 year old girl and let her date a 24 year old  - no. Do I think he was a pervert? No.  But I do think the gap is too much at that age.  Just reading in to the history of the relationship it says he introduced her to drugs in 1962 when she was 17 and it became part of her lifestyle and theirs together. At 16/17 years old being introduced to drugs by a well known, older celebrity and being allowed at that age by her parents to move in with him... I would have continued parenting and not allowed it to happen until she was 18 I believe. I don't think it's controlling. My motivation here would be to protect the girl the same way you make your kids put on a seat belt in the car...this isn't to stop your fun it's to protect you from harm.

Who know's what Elvis would have messaged to this girl had Tinder or text messaging been around back in his day. How would it be handled by the media today if a 24 year old Beiber pursued a 14 year old?

I think there needs to be some additional layer of protection for teens in the age of consent laws.  If they are low so as not to criminalize teenage sex they could perhaps add a provision around age gap that lasts to 18 at least to avoid predators flaunting the law and 60 year old men legally having sex with 16 year olds.

As a parent myself I understand where you are coming from, but one question, what tools do you have at your disposal to prevent your 14 year old from seeing this 24 year old, lock her in for the night or what?

The Iceman

Yes - I don't have a problem with that tactic. What would you do yourself? I don't think at 14 any child has run of the house or freedom to do whatever they want..? Maybe thats a different thread too.  Parenting techniques / approaches.
What I will say is every child is different. I have 5 and they all have different personalities and different forms of discipline work for each one. I don't have a 14 year old yet. My oldest is 9. So if anyone with a 14 year old or older would like to chime that would be great!

John Martin

What about your hypothetical 17 year old trying to date a 25 year old. Would your methods change?

The Iceman

Quote from: John Martin on January 26, 2018, 02:35:32 PM
What about your hypothetical 17 year old trying to date a 25 year old. Would your methods change?
Parents shouldn't be afraid to be the parents. All kids are different like I've said. It's all circumstantial and I would be open to protecting the child whatever way I deemed necessary at the time your honour

T Fearon

Back to the point.A McDonalds staff member confronted last night,in Navan,I think.I'm lovin' it!