Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 09:10:08 PM
The guy recording was dancing, and was wearing lovely white track bottoms and trainers.. the other one came over and asked how many likes have we got yet and how many comments on the page!! Hmm

Milltown Row complains about Sean Brady for not exposing a predator and in the same page complains about predator catchers for exposing one!😂😂

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 23, 2018, 09:12:28 PM
The guy recording was dancing, and was wearing lovely white track bottoms and trainers.. the other one came over and asked how many likes have we got yet and how many comments on the page!! Hmm

Milltown Row complains about Sean Brady for not exposing a predator and in the same page complains about predator catchers for exposing one!😂😂

Where am I complaining about catching perverts? They haven't convicted anyone because they are doing it wrong...

it's embarrassing how they go about it, ruining a business now in Ballymena with comments coming from the baying mob online saying things like name the restaurant and boycott it and never eat there!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on January 23, 2018, 09:12:28 PM

and you praise predator catchers and defend Sean Brady who covered up for a child rapist   :D  :D

clarshack

which one of the groups is doing the sting tonite?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on January 23, 2018, 09:21:06 PM

Team NI team protecting kids.. I didn't realise there were more groups!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 09:32:38 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 23, 2018, 09:21:06 PM

Team NI team protecting kids.. I didn't realise there were more groups!

Was Team NI protecting kids not available?

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 08:42:28 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 23, 2018, 08:37:29 PM
I'm not condoning what Brady done by any means...but genuinely is there not a code of practice and guidelines to follow in cases like this. If a child tells a teacher that she's being abused at home, does that teacher not legally have to tell the Principal first or the designated child protection officer? Tony makes a good point are the parents as culpable for not telling the police? Or is it Brady who was wrong for not following up more stringently?

There's a simple answer to this, ask yourself,  what you would do? Would you be happy to not follow it through and ensure that this rapists is investigated by the proper authorities ? If you don't then your as bad for allowing it to continue.

That's my view on it, you obviously have a strange view on things

There is protocol to follow when this happens and teachers are given training. Thankfully I was never out in this position. If I was I'd have followed procedure but wouldn't have left it there. I'd have made sure it was properly reported I'd have asked and asked the designated person. If I wasn't satisfied I'd have gone to the police myself

Jim Bob

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2018, 10:54:07 PM
I'm not condoning what Brady done by any means...but genuinely is there not a code of practice and guidelines to follow in cases like this. If a child tells a teacher that she's being abused at home, does that teacher not legally have to tell the Principal first or the designated child protection officer? Tony makes a good point are the parents as culpable for not telling the police? Or is it Brady who was wrong for not following up more stringently?

There's a simple answer to this, ask yourself,  what you would do? Would you be happy to not follow it through and ensure that this rapists is investigated by the proper authorities ? If you don't then your as bad for allowing it to continue.

There is protocol to follow when this happens and teachers are given training. Thankfully I was never out in this position. If I was I'd have followed procedure but wouldn't have left it there. I'd have made sure it was properly reported I'd have asked and asked the designated person. If I wasn't satisfied I'd have gone to the police myself

Back to the point I was making. Part of teachers training is that you are not allowed to ask whether it has been properly reported or ask the designated person how the issue is progressing.

tonto1888

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 23, 2018, 11:11:36 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2018, 10:54:07 PM

Back to the point I was making. Part of teachers training is that you are not allowed to ask whether it has been properly reported or ask the designated person how the issue is progressing.

I'm aware of that. Had I been put in that situation it's what I would have done. The pupil trusted me enough to tell me, I'd want to follow it up. You trust the designated person to do their job but I'd want to know they have. I'd want the peace of mind

paddyjohn

It's laughable, 5mins of Facebook fame.  I understand what they are trying to do but it's consequences that effects the people left behind! One of the lads caught lives 10/15mins away from me, while I'm glad that I know what he's up to, I feel sorry for his family, ordinary decent working people who keep themselves to themselves have saw their family business suffer.

longballin

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 23, 2018, 11:16:55 PM

It's laughable, 5mins of Facebook fame.  I understand what they are trying to do but it's consequences that effects the people left behind! One of the lads caught lives 10/15mins away from me, while I'm glad that I know what he's up to, I feel sorry for his family, ordinary decent working people who keep themselves to themselves have saw their family business suffer.

Would it not be the same had he gone through the courts and been in the local newspaper?

paddyjohn

Quote from: longballin on January 24, 2018, 07:43:04 AM

Would it not be the same had he gone through the courts and been in the local newspaper?

Could of well been the same yeah.

Milltown Row2

Here's the difference though, they could have prepared for it a lot better, plenty perverts work in all sorts of jobs, they work in the civil service, teaching profession, sales men, medical professions or in the building trades but to go into a business live on social media and tell people live that there is a pervert here and dont eat here (thats what the guys carrying the phone camera said) is just  wrong, the buisness didnt know but didnt want these clampits inside their palce of work, while there was customers having dinner!

How someone cant see that that will have a impact on business is completely blind..

Give the information to the police they will review it and arrest the person based on how good their info is, getting as many perverts locked up is the best thing, but this way will actually make convictions worse, and if Tony mentions the RTE guy one more time! For me it should not be about searching for how many comments they got or likes, its cringing to be honest...

longballin

Im hearing police have been giving the predator hunters exrra minutes if needed to do their Facebook recording before they move in...

Hound

Haven't seen any of the Facebook stuff, but what I find extraordinary from just reading this thread is the sheer number of perpetrators out there that they are finding in the area