Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I wonder what the ratio of weirdos to the genuinely dangerous entrapped is.
And what the motivation of the vigilantes is .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2018, 05:21:58 PM
I wonder what the ratio of weirdos to the genuinely dangerous entrapped is.
And what the motivation of the vigilantes is .

People who groom what they believe to children and then organise a meeting and turn up,can only be described as genuinely dangerous.

The motivation of the vigilantes is to expose and inform the general public of these genuinely dangerous people

Milltown Row2

People who turn a blind eye to rapists are dangerous also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Agreed.But if someone is asked to hear allegations,notes same and passes these notes on quickly to a superior cannot be regarded as turning a blind eye

Jim Bob

In schools if a pupil tells their teacher something , the teacher is instructed to (a) ask no questions and (b) pass it on to the designated teacher in charge. The teacher is not allowed to mention it to anyone else or enquire as to the outcome of any further investigations.

T Fearon

Given the unanimous aversion to paedophilia on this board and indeed by all right minded people,I am staggered by the opposition to predator hunters.It is callous but that is the whole point, to identify, and publicly shame those who would groom children and make the public aware of them.As long as it doesn't descend into violence, and the evidence they gather leads them to right nonce,I have not one ounce of sympathy for anyone they catch.Neither have I any faith in the conventional justice route.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 20, 2018, 06:33:58 PM
In schools if a pupil tells their teacher something , the teacher is instructed to (a) ask no questions and (b) pass it on to the designated teacher in charge. The teacher is not allowed to mention it to anyone else or enquire as to the outcome of any further investigations.

Sorry, if a pupil tells me they have raped someone I'm telling the designated person and following that up with the police, I won't be allowing it to be brushed  under the carpet or allowing said student to be moved on elsewhere to continue to rape more people, but hey that's just me, others would be happy to let it continue. Strange that!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2018, 09:45:47 PM
Given the unanimous aversion to paedophilia on this board and indeed by all right minded people,I am staggered by the opposition to predator hunters.It is callous but that is the whole point, to identify, and publicly shame those who would groom children and make the public aware of them.As long as it doesn't descend into violence, and the evidence they gather leads them to right nonce,I have not one ounce of sympathy for anyone they catch.Neither have I any faith in the conventional justice route.
So it's Lynch Law for you then?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

What is it about "as long as it doesn't descend into violence" that you don't understand?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2018, 11:44:41 PM
What is it about "as long as it doesn't descend into violence" that you don't understand?

But how else will gathering up a mob and publicly show it live on Facebook will end up? Again we should bring the Hunters to The Vatican and see how well they do

longballin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2018, 11:59:46 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2018, 11:44:41 PM

But how else will gathering up a mob and publicly show it live on Facebook will end up? Again we should bring the Hunters to The Vatican and see how well they do

sssshhhh....  :-X

Jim Bob

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2018, 11:25:12 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 20, 2018, 06:33:58 PM

Sorry, if a pupil tells me they have raped someone I'm telling the designated person and following that up with the police, I won't be allowing it to be brushed  under the carpet or allowing said student to be moved on elsewhere to continue to rape more people, but hey that's just me, others would be happy to let it continue. Strange that!

Yea. Agree with your attitude there. But it's strange that teachers are told that they must not take any action and make any enquiries after they have reported their concerns to the designated teacher. If it is brushed under the carpet and in years to come the pupil, now an adult, pursues the matter further it's the teacher to whom he/she reported the matter to will be asked why they didn't report to the police.........

T Fearon

What about the designated teacher's training and expertise in the matter.What if the first teacher (or indeed Sean Brady even) goes to the Police on first hearing as then unfounded allegations,and potentially ruins a colleague's career?

If a predator group is gratuitously violent then I would not support them but as far as I can see they turn up in numbers to prevent the accused being harmed

Milltown Row2

The police follow every complaint that has any links to rape.... if they don't they become liable, it's then down to whether there is a case or not for the courts to decide..

The designated teacher will be held responsible if they didn't go through the proper legal system, they won't get promoted to principle that's for sure, whereas in the church you turn a blind eye to rape and become a Bishop!

I couldn't see a school allow an accusation of rape to be hushed up, regardless of the claim and by whom it has to as the reputation of the scho has to come first

T Fearon

Not today,but sadly decades ago there weren't such robust procedures in place in any organisation to guide in the dealing with allegations.