Short film - Northern California college hurling

Started by Eamonnca1, February 21, 2012, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Footage from Sunday's opening game of the Northern California hurling championship.  Some players have been at it for a few years, others for a few months and they're playing here in their first ever game, so there's a wide range of skill levels on the field here.

Eamonnca1

Here's today's game between Stanford and Davis.  Stick around for the interviews at the end, there's a few insights from newcomers to the game from other sports.

Eamonnca1

Sunday's game, Cal at UC Davis.  Close game until the last five minutes. Davis have come a long way.  Great to see the lads getting the hang of this game, some of them come from a baseball background and only picked up a hurley for the first time in February. Amazing how quickly they adapt. I've seen a steady improvement in the standard since this program started a few years back.

Eamonnca1

Stanford have regained the cup in the Northern California college hurling championship after Sunday's performance at Páirc na nGael, San Francisco.  Bit of a lopsided game against Cal.

Video here.

cicfada

Fair play to them, I wonder do Croke Park give these colleges any resources at all to help or encourage them?? Fair play to you as well, Eamonn for publicising their efforts!! I know from my time in Florida the potential of these games in the US as any yank that I showed the game to, loved it! Keep it up!!

Eamonnca1

They're getting support from the local GAA community in terms of access to facilities, referees etc.

Yesterday's game here, Cal v Davis.

Eamonnca1

Final game in the series from May 6th.