Connacht SFC 2020

Started by Rossfan, October 26, 2020, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on November 01, 2020, 08:12:55 PM
The Hyde has the best surface of the county grounds in Connacht.
Correct.
Lar is either living in the past or trying to wind us up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on November 01, 2020, 08:33:58 PM
Correct.
Lar is either living in the past or trying to wind us up.

He's stuck in 2016 by the looks of it.

kerryforsam20

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 01, 2020, 08:14:24 PM
Roscommon 15/8
Mayo 8/15
Draw 15/2

If I was a Rossie, I'd be all over that

The Rossies haven't have a hope. Mayo might put out the B again next week.  Mayo season will start against Kerry.

larryin89

Quote from: kerryforsam20 on November 01, 2020, 08:47:41 PM
Roscommon 15/8
Mayo 8/15
Draw 15/2

The Rossies haven't have a hope. Mayo might put out the B again next week.  Mayo season will start against Kerry.

Another Roscommon poster planted under the guise of a different county .

Roscommon are favourites imo in a game which is at best 50/50 for optimistic mayo supporters . We are simply too light around the middle , Loftus is not going to make a midfielder for big games I don't know what that experiment is all about and Ruane has lost a lot of the positive impact he was making in his first season and a half or so . I have a really bad feeling ros will knock lumps out of our fresh on the scene lads but this is part of the process of transition I'm afraid .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

kerryforsam20

Quote from: larryin89 on November 01, 2020, 08:54:16 PM
Quote from: kerryforsam20 on November 01, 2020, 08:47:41 PM
Roscommon 15/8
Mayo 8/15
Draw 15/2

Another Roscommon poster planted under the guise of a different county .

Roscommon are favourites imo in a game which is at best 50/50 for optimistic mayo supporters . We are simply too light around the middle , Loftus is not going to make a midfielder for big games I don't know what that experiment is all about and Ruane has lost a lot of the positive impact he was making in his first season and a half or so . I have a really bad feeling ros will knock lumps out of our fresh on the scene lads but this is part of the process of transition I'm afraid .

That enough of yerra talk. Mayo to  win 8-12 points in first gear.

Farrandeelin

We don't say yerra, we say arra.  ;)

I just can't see us winning next week's game. A lot would need to go right for us and team selection will be key. Apart from Cillian O'Connor today nobody really stood out against Leitrim. My motm today. True the conditions didn't do any favours for anyone. I'm really worried about our middle third of the field. Mattie Ruane seems to drift in and out of games. Loftus isn't a dominant midfielder in my opinion. The number 6 position is a mystery. Three different players in the last three games. Plunkett is the most natural however. The Keegan corner back experiment must be going to continue. He's played there for the past three games and I'm not ok with it. Coen seems to fit Horan's full back approach but he's too slow for my liking. Cox or whoever could cause havoc if they're quick.

I could be wrong, but maybe Horan was treating the Leitrim game as an 'extra' league game, if you get me. But selection is going to be crucial next week, as are the use of subs if things go awkward early on. Add in the extra week rest and recovery, Roscommon are in a very good place ahead of next week.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

You'd have to expect that we won't see any of the "old guard" of Higgins, Boyle, Barrett, Vaughan, etc. starting next weekend considering that none of them have seen any minutes yet

Edit: didn't notice earlier but Barrett got some game time today

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 01, 2020, 09:29:35 PM

I just can't see us winning next week's game. A lot would need to go right for us and team selection will be key. Apart from Cillian O'Connor today nobody really stood out against Leitrim. My motm today. True the conditions didn't do any favours for anyone. I'm really worried about our middle third of the field. Mattie Ruane seems to drift in and out of games. Loftus isn't a dominant midfielder in my opinion. The number 6 position is a mystery. Three different players in the last three games. Plunkett is the most natural however. The Keegan corner back experiment must be going to continue. He's played there for the past three games and I'm not ok with it. Coen seems to fit Horan's full back approach but he's too slow for my liking. Cox or whoever could cause havoc if they're quick.

I could be wrong, but maybe Horan was treating the Leitrim game as an 'extra' league game, if you get me. But selection is going to be crucial next week, as are the use of subs if things go awkward early on. Add in the extra week rest and recovery, Roscommon are in a very good place ahead of next week.

Debatable. 15 of the first choice 26 have been isolating for the last two weeks which is far from ideal preparation for a high stakes knock out championship game. Those players only seen game action in one game since the inter County season returned. 

rosnarun

hard to see many changes next week . I think horan has made his stand and decided the future is now.
there probably should have been more baby steps take in years previous but .

we are where we are
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

Which doesn't say a lot for any of the grounds in Connacht. Given the weather we've been having for the last few weeks and given the forecast for the coming week, the Hyde will be no better than Pairc Sean was today. Also, next Sunday will be Mayo's fourth game on the trot on heavy underfoot pitches and will have to be leg weary. Ross will have the benefit of a free weekend.
Janey Mac, I'm getting worried already!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

An Fhairche Abu

100% and this is not widely enough known outside of Connacht.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 01, 2020, 10:15:32 PM
Which doesn't say a lot for any of the grounds in Connacht. Given the weather we've been having for the last few weeks and given the forecast for the coming week, the Hyde will be no better than Pairc Sean was today. Also, next Sunday will be Mayo's fourth game on the trot on heavy underfoot pitches and will have to be leg weary. Ross will have the benefit of a free weekend.

Páirc Seán is a natural clay pitch and with all the rain in recent days it was probably lucky to get the go ahead. The Hyde Park pitch was relaid a few years ago, not just the best surface in Connacht but one of the best pitches in Ireland now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

weareros

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on November 01, 2020, 10:22:15 PM

I thought ye said "Musha" in Galway.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 01, 2020, 10:27:56 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 01, 2020, 10:15:32 PM

Páirc Seán is a natural clay pitch and with all the rain in recent days it was probably lucky to get the go ahead. The Hyde Park pitch was relaid a few years ago, not just the best surface in Connacht but one of the best pitches in Ireland now.
I don't disagree with you but I think you are missing my point.
Next Sunday will be Mayo's fourth straight game on heavy winter pitches. I suppose the Hyde is the best pitch in Connacht but given the long range weather forecast, all of Connacht will be lashed out of it. Roscommon town will be no exception.
I'm not particularly moaning about anything. We're lucky that the games are going ahead and it's better to see Mayo playing four games in a row than to be out of the running altogether.
That doesn't take fro the fact that I feel next Sunday will be one game too many for Mayo.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: weareros on November 01, 2020, 11:12:43 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on November 01, 2020, 10:22:15 PM

I thought ye said "Musha" in Galway.

Arra we say a biteen of musha too in my neck of the woods.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.