NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMaster

Expect Donie Smith to be banned for two games and Keith Higgins for one. Gas to see mayo fans reaction to Smith on social media. You have the O'Connor brothers last 3 years smashing opposition players with elbows and closed fists and nothing said about that.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 25, 2019, 09:03:45 PM
Predictions?

Mayo and Ros to draw.
Kerry to beat Tyrone.
Galway to struggle past Cavan.
Monaghan to beat the Dubs.

3 outta 4 ain't bad. Bonus to have got the first one wrong.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 27, 2019, 04:08:29 PM
FT

Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-11

Bad first half.

Galway had the only two goal chances. The Cavan keeper (who was very good) saved both over the bar.

Cavan scored 0-3 in injury time to make it a tighter finish than it should have been.

5 black cards issued I think.

5 changes on Galway side.

Dublin defeat probably not ideal going up to play them next weekend in CP. Can't imagine some of the lads who togged today will be allowed to play again.

Cavan also had a goal chance in 1st half but  made a mess of it.

Referree deserve a mention, atrocious. Two of Cavans blacks were terrible calls. Galway also should have seen red for a forearm challenge on Cavan midfielder. Galway were much improved in the 2nd half. Cavan fitness looked way off where it needs to be too. I think Galway will struggle against the better teams and I am afraid I will have to re-assess our chances as I struggle to see us win against anyone after watching that.

Main Street

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 27, 2019, 07:56:57 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 25, 2019, 09:03:45 PM
Predictions?

Mayo and Ros to draw.
Kerry to beat Tyrone.
Galway to struggle past Cavan.
Monaghan to beat the Dubs.

3 outta 4 ain't bad. Bonus to have got the first one wrong.
Sometimes it's okay to blow your trumpet,  but did Galway really struggle? :)

tonto1888

Quote from: Boycey on January 27, 2019, 06:54:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 27, 2019, 06:28:39 PM
Second Monaghan Goal looked like a Joe Sheridan effort. Monaghan player clearly held the ball and then palmed it.

I was at match and didn't see anything wrong he in real time and granted it was only a tweet I've seen on my phone since but didn't look like it on that either. Interesting to see people on here giving out about both refs, at the match I thought both did reasonably ok. In January conditions allowances are sometimes made.

Was hard to tell on tele but you'd give him the benefit of the doubt

Manning18

Quote from: Itchy on January 27, 2019, 08:04:57 PM
FT

Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-11

Bad first half.

Galway had the only two goal chances. The Cavan keeper (who was very good) saved both over the bar.

Cavan scored 0-3 in injury time to make it a tighter finish than it should have been.

Dublin defeat probably not ideal going up to play them next weekend in CP. Can't imagine some of the lads who togged today will be allowed to play again.

Referree deserve a mention, atrocious. Two of Cavans blacks were terrible calls. Galway also should have seen red for a forearm challenge on Cavan midfielder. Galway were much improved in the 2nd half. Cavan fitness looked way off where it needs to be too. I think Galway will struggle against the better teams and I am afraid I will have to re-assess our chances as I struggle to see us win against anyone after watching that.

The ref was atrocious but not sure how a Cavan person could see him in a negative light given the string of ridiculous calls in the first half giving Cavan scoreable frees. Shafted Galway until the half. 2 black cards were for tit for tat messing, one to either player, so which black cards did you have issue with? Surely not the one to your midfielder taking Shane Walsh out off the ball? The one for the contested catch was on the harsh side alright. Galway had a fairly legitimate penalty claim denied late on

trailer

Enjoyed Monaghan's win. Felt they had to overcome two very poor refereeing displays. Dublin seem to get all the marginal calls. Dublin seem to go down looking for frees constantly and also the holding of the ball (esp MDMA) is unreal. Dublin continually looking for every advantage and refusing to reduce to 14 men by trying to slip MDMA back on. Gavin and his management team are clued in on all the dark arts. Thought the officials on the line should know exactly what's going on rather than looking completely f**king stupid.
McCarron and Hughes did very well despite the attention of Cooper and co.
Overall Monaghan the better team and good to see the Dubs defeated even after they tried every trick in the book.
If referees start to referee games involving Dublin with a fair hand I can see them being defeated this year.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: trailer on January 27, 2019, 08:25:39 PM
Enjoyed Monaghan's win. Felt they had to overcome two very poor refereeing displays. Dublin seem to get all the marginal calls. Dublin seem to go down looking for frees constantly and also the holding of the ball (esp MDMA) is unreal. Dublin continually looking for every advantage and refusing to reduce to 14 men by trying to slip MDMA back on. Gavin and his management team are clued in on all the dark arts. Thought the officials on the line should know exactly what's going on rather than looking completely f**king stupid.
Overall Monaghan the better team and good to see the Dubs defeated even after they tried every trick in the book.
If referees start to referee games involving Dublin with a fair hand I can see them being defeated this year.
Cooper trying his normal dirty tactics to take out the opposition's marquee player

twohands!!!

Quote from: TheMaster on January 27, 2019, 07:56:41 PM
Expect Donie Smith to be banned for two games and Keith Higgins for one. Gas to see mayo fans reaction to Smith on social media. You have the O'Connor brothers last 3 years smashing opposition players with elbows and closed fists and nothing said about that.

If he has any sort of competent defence team they will simply submit footage of McMahon's eye-gouging of Donaghy and the fact that he got a one game ban.

I just looked at the footage from McMahon's incident again and his hand being around Donaghy eyes was even more blatant in the footage.

Itchy

Quote from: Manning18 on January 27, 2019, 08:24:44 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 27, 2019, 08:04:57 PM
FT

Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-11

Bad first half.

The ref was atrocious but not sure how a Cavan person could see him in a negative light given the string of ridiculous calls in the first half giving Cavan scoreable frees. Shafted Galway until the half. 2 black cards were for tit for tat messing, one to either player, so which black cards did you have issue with? Surely not the one to your midfielder taking Shane Walsh out off the ball? The one for the contested catch was on the harsh side alright. Galway had a fairly legitimate penalty claim denied late on

Black card 1 - Galway player trips cavan man in front of ref with his hand. Stone wall black.

Black card 2- Galway player puts ball over Martin Reilly and intentionally runs into him and jumps on ground roaring. Not a black card but maybe replay will change my view.

Black card 3 and 4 - cavan and Galway player jostling and pulling off the ball, cavan player tries to run away and is tripped. Definite blsck card for galway player, no black card offense committed by cavan player but if the jostling was an issue it should have been a yellow.

Black card no 5- definite black to cavan player.

Peno was not a peno and you are not allowed pull jerseys, even in salthill so that's where the frees came from.

Champion The Wonder Horse

I thought McCarron's yellow should have been a straight red and McManus should have been black carded.

trailer

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 27, 2019, 08:45:44 PM

I thought McCarron's yellow should have been a straight red and McManus should have been black carded.

McCarron's was accidental I felt. And in fact should've been a Monaghan free rather than a Dublin one, but the Dublin players theatrics conned a very weak ref.
McManus was 100% in the right. Cooper initiated that wrestling match he should have been ordered off. As I said both officials very sympathetic to Dublin.

Main Street

Under what part of the rule should McManus have been black carded? He tripped up an opponent away from the action in a "tete la tete" confrontation. That's a yellow card offence. You  need to acquaint yourself better with the rules

The Hill is Blue

I can understand that you might find it difficult to be gracious in defeat, but surely you could manage to be gracious in victory.  ::)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

dublin7

Quote from: trailer on January 27, 2019, 08:52:40 PM

McCarron's was accidental I felt. And in fact should've been a Monaghan free rather than a Dublin one, but the Dublin players theatrics conned a very weak ref.
McManus was 100% in the right. Cooper initiated that wrestling match he should have been ordered off. As I said both officials very sympathetic to Dublin.

Christ you're bitter when it comes to Dublin. Scully gets taken out and you want a free to Monaghan!!!

Dublin's lack of fitness told in the 2nd half and playing with 14 men for 20 minutes told as well. Should bring them on a long way for Galway next week. McCarron played well, but he ran riot 2 years ago as well in Clones against the dubs and did nothing come championship. Needs to do it more consistently