NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Good win for Monaghan, I think they are realistic AI contenders. Dublin were well outplayed today apart from the first 15 minutes, they don't lose too many games so it is a big feather in Monaghans cap to beat them in consecutive League campaigns.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on January 27, 2019, 03:42:24 PM
Good win for Monaghan, I think they are realistic AI contenders. Dublin were well outplayed today apart from the first 15 minutes, they don't lose too many games so it is a big feather in Monaghans cap to beat them in consecutive League campaigns.

;D

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 27, 2019, 03:41:35 PM
Quote from: Godsown on January 27, 2019, 03:30:08 PM
Coldrick had nightmare 1st half . Did Gavin sub him at half time?  Hughes even worse in second half

Hughes seemed to have no notion of the Advantage rule.

He is a shit refereee, and to make it worse he needs to be the center of attention.

Captain Obvious

Well done Monaghan. Beating Dublin is becoming a habit for Monaghan.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Galway kick on at the end. They spent long enough doing the apprenticeship

A good shtart

Calling Mouview

67 mins Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-08

Shane Walsh extends Galway's lead to five at Pearse Stadium.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shantygael

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 27, 2019, 03:45:24 PM
Well done Monaghan. Beating Dublin is becoming a habit for Monaghan.
At the wrong end of the season
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-11

Bad first half.

Galway had the only two goal chances. The Cavan keeper (who was very good) saved both over the bar.

Cavan scored 0-3 in injury time to make it a tighter finish than it should have been.

5 black cards issued I think.

5 changes on Galway side.

Dublin defeat probably not ideal going up to play them next weekend in CP. Can't imagine some of the lads who togged today will be allowed to play again.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 27, 2019, 04:08:29 PM
FT

Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-11

Bad first half.

Cavan scored 0-3 in injury time to make it a tighter finish than it should have been.

Decent win all things considered and could be an important 2 points.
Into the lions den now next week and you'd imagine Burke & Silke won't be allowed play so it will be a weaker side than today.
Was happy to see Podge Cunningham get a start.
Working today so could only follow it on twitter from time to time but talking to a friend it seems he did reasonably well.
2 points from play and drew a few frees.
Hopefully he'll see more action over the next few weeks.

seafoid

Quote from: galwayman on January 27, 2019, 04:11:27 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 27, 2019, 04:08:29 PM
FT

Galway 0-13 Cavan 0-11

Bad first half.

Decent win all things considered and could be an important 2 points.
Into the lions den now next week and you'd imagine Burke & Silke won't be allowed play so it will be a weaker side than today.
Was happy to see Podge Cunningham get a start.
Working today so could only follow it on twitter from time to time but talking to a friend it seems he did reasonably well.
2 points from play and drew a few frees.
Hopefully he'll see more action over the next few weeks.
Cavan only scored once between 48 and 67 mins
They are not as cute as Galway yet but they did well otherwise.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

The Dubs were too fast to up the physicalities in the middle of the first half considering they were already  6 points ahead and strolling it, the main effect of that was to wake up Monaghan from a slumber. Monaghan's discipline was good in response, didn't back down, met the physical challenge  and started to play football.  Though it was out of character for the Dubs to fizzle out in the last 1/4, a beaten team.

Jack McCarron had a very good game, he has grown in stature, an immense presence in the 2nd half,  of course O'Hanlon's league debut was spectacular.
And yeah that touch of class from McManus in felling Johnny Cooper,  an early contender for the best value yellow card of the year.

From the Bunker

Second Monaghan Goal looked like a Joe Sheridan effort. Monaghan player clearly held the ball and then palmed it.

Rossfan

No more than the overcarrying they all do that with the 2 handed "push".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Boycey

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 27, 2019, 06:28:39 PM
Second Monaghan Goal looked like a Joe Sheridan effort. Monaghan player clearly held the ball and then palmed it.

I was at match and didn't see anything wrong he in real time and granted it was only a tweet I've seen on my phone since but didn't look like it on that either. Interesting to see people on here giving out about both refs, at the match I thought both did reasonably ok. In January conditions allowances are sometimes made.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Boycey on January 27, 2019, 06:54:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 27, 2019, 06:28:39 PM

I was at match and didn't see anything wrong he in real time and granted it was only a tweet I've seen on my phone since but didn't look like it on that either. Interesting to see people on here giving out about both refs, at the match I thought both did reasonably ok. In January conditions allowances are sometimes made.

Have to remember that the refs are often blowing out the dirty diesel at this time of year as well.