Feile 2014

Started by Zulu, June 28, 2014, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Keep up to date with all the action here - http://www.gaa.ie/feile/

A great competition, anyone else's clubs involved. Our boys won their first game but are down by 6 to Crossmolina at half time in their second game. Our girl's representatives took a bit of a tanking in their first outing though.

sligoman2

My daughter is playing with New York girls, div 3 - we have won all our games so far,

It is a great competition and the new format this year is a good idea
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Zulu

Scotland boys through to the quarter final, yippee!

Zulu

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 28, 2014, 01:42:02 PM
My daughter is playing with New York girls, div 3 - we have won all our games so far,

New York boys going well in division 1 too, they play Naas in their quarter final and if group results are anything to go by they look like serious contenders to win the whole thing.

mayo.mick

The New York Girls visited us here in Swinford last Wednesday, have some team photos up on my site here;

http://michaelmaye.com/new-york-u14-girls-visit-swinford/
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Zulu on June 28, 2014, 02:06:38 PM

New York boys going well in division 1 too, they play Naas in their quarter final and if group results are anything to go by they look like serious contenders to win the whole thing.

Naas 3-9 New York 0-4
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Zulu

Wow, that's some result for the Naas boys. Our lads were knocked out in the quarter final too. It'll be very interesting to see how the latter stages pan out now.

sligoman2

Sad to see the ny boys were beaten, ny girls are in the semis and had an easy win today over Longford

sligoman2

Congrats to ny girls on winning div 3 final in a tough match over Carryduff.  I'm delighted with the win and will start by saying the carryduff mgmt were class but some of their supporters were classless including some moron who refused to shake the hand of one of the ny parents, and blamed the ref for the loss and some of their players were abusive to one of the ny mgmt team after  the game.  I don't like to see this stuff or discuss it, but it needs to be said because it ruined a great weekend for a ny team that played their hearts out and beat a great garryduff team by 5 points after being down by 4 pts early in the second half.

Well done New York, on a great win

Dinny Breen

Naas beat Nemo Rangers 2-09.to 1-06 in the Division 1 final. They also won the Division 2 hurling final last week. A real testament to the hard work been put into underage coaching in Naas and indeed the county as a whole.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 30, 2014, 07:34:09 AM
Naas beat Nemo Rangers 2-09.to 1-06 in the Division 1 final. They also won the Division 2 hurling final last week. A real testament to the hard work been put into underage coaching in Naas and indeed the county as a whole.

Well done Naas. It's about time that club started realising its huge potential. Massive young population that's only going to increase in the next few years with the new Kerry Group plant opening up.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2014, 09:01:06 AM

Well done Naas. It's about time that club started realising its huge potential. Massive young population that's only going to increase in the next few years with the new Kerry Group plant opening up.

What's that you say KK, an ounce of breeding is worth a tonne of feeding.
#newbridgeornowhere

theskull1

Seen the Naas team in Feile hurling parade and they looked by far to be the biggest team on show. Won Div2 at a canter so would say they'd have been contenders for Div1 if they'd have been in it.
I assume Naas has a massive player population judging by the physical size of their squad. Rural clubs have to work that wee bit hard to put it up to clubs with massive numbers at these agegroups.  Kilmacrud who won the regional feile down in Thurles last week have 2 U14 teams as well as U13 teams as well, giving them a very strong panel to choose from. Most U14 teams need to drop into U12 to fill their panels. It is what it is and can't be helped. I just think its important to make the point that the work being done in alot of smaller clubs is I'm sure just as great as the work being done in Naas. Thats not to take away from Naas success.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Dinny Breen

Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2014, 01:05:05 PM

Seen the Naas team in Feile hurling parade and they looked by far to be the biggest team on show. Won Div2 at a canter so would say they'd have been contenders for Div1 if they'd have been in it.
I assume Naas has a massive player population judging by the physical size of their squad. Rural clubs have to work that wee bit hard to put it up to clubs with massive numbers at these agegroups.  Kilmacrud who won the regional feile down in Thurles last week have 2 U14 teams as well as U13 teams as well, giving them a very strong panel to choose from. Most U14 teams need to drop into U12 to fill their panels. It is what it is and can't be helped. I just think its important to make the point that the work being done in alot of smaller clubs is I'm sure just as great as the work being done in Naas. Thats not to take away from Naas success.

Don't mean to diminish any club just praising Naas, from where they were to where they have come to is great for them. They are only now starting to fulfill their potential. They are not a super club like Kilmacud or Nemo by any stretch of the imagination, only 1 Senior title in 80 odd years tells the tale.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Time to split Naas in two?
If you were any use you'd be playing.