FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 14, 2019, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2019, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 14, 2019, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Chicago Hurling on February 14, 2019, 02:53:05 PM
So is the belief the rule is shit because people can switch or because the granny rule is too far removed to truly have allegiance to a country? I can't speak for every irish american but I'd be able to play in ireland (mom) usa (born) and italy (dads parents) and I'd play in that order respectively so there's plenty of people who'd play for ireland based on at least parent rule. But I fully believe that when you move up, friendlies or not, that should count as choosing your country.

I dont think eligibility is the issue. Nationality can be nuanced. The issue is more that he was Irish, changed agent, strung us along, became English. Its a snakey, hungry call.

It's just soccer. It's typical soccer behaviour. It's what those people are. Out for themselves, no loyalty, lining their own pockets. Money. People should just let it go.

Those people?

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 14, 2019, 03:31:55 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 14, 2019, 03:15:46 PM
So is the belief the rule is shit because people can switch or because the granny rule is too far removed to truly have allegiance to a country? I can't speak for every irish american but I'd be able to play in ireland (mom) usa (born) and italy (dads parents) and I'd play in that order respectively so there's plenty of people who'd play for ireland based on at least parent rule. But I fully believe that when you move up, friendlies or not, that should count as choosing your country.

I dont think eligibility is the issue. Nationality can be nuanced. The issue is more that he was Irish, changed agent, strung us along, became English. Its a snakey, hungry call.

He was never Irish, he was British and played for the Rep of Ireland and now he wants to play for England.

Let it go lads before you sound as whiny as the IFA have done over the last number of years.

Who is whining? Im happy its over, he should have been shown the door the minute he wavered.

If its ok with you people on a discussion forum would like to discuss things.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

trailer

Quote from: spuds on February 14, 2019, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 14, 2019, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2019, 03:16:01 PM

It's just soccer. It's typical soccer behaviour. It's what those people are. Out for themselves, no loyalty, lining their own pockets. Money. People should just let it go.

Those people?

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 14, 2019, 03:31:55 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 14, 2019, 03:15:46 PM

He was never Irish, he was British and played for the Rep of Ireland and now he wants to play for England.

Let it go lads before you sound as whiny as the IFA have done over the last number of years.

Who is whining? Im happy its over, he should have been shown the door the minute he wavered.

If its ok with you people on a discussion forum would like to discuss things.

;D

LCohen

Quote from: Itchy on February 13, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
Quote from: LCohen on February 13, 2019, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 13, 2019, 09:22:03 PM
Let him f**k off the bollix. I hope he ends up playing Jack grealish in the championship. All about the money. Forget him, move on with what we have.

Lad from England, born in England, of English parents developed through the English club system decides to play for England and this is your reaction?

Yup and if you don't like it I couldn't care less.

Why do you reference money? Are you absolutely sure it boils down to money with Declan?

Itchy

Quote from: LCohen on February 14, 2019, 07:46:27 PM
Let him f**k off the bollix. I hope he ends up playing Jack grealish in the championship. All about the money. Forget him, move on with what we have.

Lad from England, born in England, of English parents developed through the English club system decides to play for England and this is your reaction?

Why do you reference money? Are you absolutely sure it boils down to money with Declan?

Pretty sure when he said he made decision with his head as well as his heart that what he meant.

LCohen

Quote from: Itchy on February 14, 2019, 08:02:20 PM

Pretty sure when he said he made decision with his head as well as his heart that what he meant.

So he wasn't referring to his increased confidence in being able to win England caps? He wasn't referring to England qualifying for mor tournaments? He wasn't thinking about England going further in those tournaments?

Itchy

Quote from: LCohen on February 14, 2019, 08:43:39 PM

So he wasn't referring to his increased confidence in being able to win England caps? He wasn't referring to England qualifying for mor tournaments? He wasn't thinking about England going further in those tournaments?

Nope money

Applesisapples

Professional sport is just that, professional and why would a player not be as mercenary about international football as he would be about club football, sure look at the 6 nations countries with their naturalised Southern Hemisphere players. Ireland is shit at soccer, it is a third football code and will always struggle to produce quality.

BennyHarp

In the same way that players always seem to sign for the team they supported as a child? We all love to think that footballers share the innocent love of the game that supporters do but the fact of the matter is that as soon as he makes his England debut his transfer fee will increase by millions of pounds and his potential weekly wage will go through the roof. Those crooks in charge of West Ham were determined that he declared for England - I wonder why? This is a business and the kid has been advised to take the course of action that maximises his future earning potential - the rest is just waffle for the fans.
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

What's good for the goose and all that... He's been talked up a lot in England, whether he makes the grade or not at international level is another thing, by getting a few caps for England that will certainly boost his name and his earnings, plus make him a bigger target for bigger clubs..

A no brainer, not forgetting his previous caps he played for the ROI but he would be completely British/English to the core
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dolph1

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 15, 2019, 10:41:41 AM

In the same way that players always seem to sign for the team they supported as a child? We all love to think that footballers share the innocent love of the game that supporters do but the fact of the matter is that as soon as he makes his England debut his transfer fee will increase by millions of pounds and his potential weekly wage will go through the roof. Those crooks in charge of West Ham were determined that he declared for England - I wonder why? This is a business and the kid has been advised to take the course of action that maximises his future earning potential - the rest is just waffle for the fans.

Rice just signed a new contract with West Ham. Could be a clause in there which he'd pick up a huge bonus for England caps.
We know the ridiculous sums England players move for even with only a couple of caps so west ham could have enticed him to pick them.
Does anyone know of any restrictions of foreign international players due to brexit? 
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

trailer

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 15, 2019, 01:04:39 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 15, 2019, 10:41:41 AM

Rice just signed a new contract with West Ham. Could be a clause in there which he'd pick up a huge bonus for England caps.
We know the ridiculous sums England players move for even with only a couple of caps so west ham could have enticed him to pick them.
Does anyone know of any restrictions of foreign international players due to brexit?

Free movement of people will end. All EEA nationals will have to apply for a visa.

bogball88

Was in a bar in Antalya after the turkey friendly that he was playing-his aul lad was belting away the rebel songs with everyone  ???

An Watcher

I see McCarthy is after Patrick Bamford and Will Keane.  Could be decent additions especially Bamford.

BennyCake

Quote from: An Watcher on March 04, 2019, 10:39:54 AM
I see McCarthy is after Patrick Bamford and Will Keane.  Could be decent additions especially Bamford.

McCarthy said he's not chasing after Bamford, and if he wants to declare, to give Mick a ring. Quite right too. The FAI kissarsed Rice and look at what happened there.

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0312/1035954-declan-rice-has-won-fais-young-player-of-year-award/
FAI confirm Declan Rice has won Ireland's Young Player of the Year award

Updated / Tuesday, 12 Mar 2019 16:10

The FAI has disclosed this afternoon that Declan Rice, who recently switched allegiance from the Republic of Ireland to England, has won the Young Player of the Year award at the FAI International Awards.

The West Ham midfielder earned three senior international caps for Ireland in 2018, appearing in friendlies against Turkey, France and USA.

He subsequently opted out of the squad ahead of the competitive Nations League fixtures in the autumn and, following a protracted saga, finally announced intention to declare for England last month.

Despite this, his performances in a green shirt in 2018 saw him earn enough votes to claim the Young Player of the Year award for 2018.

While the rest of the winners will be announced on the night, the FAI released a statement this afternoon saying Rice had won in the young player category.

The FAI noted that the award was voted on by members of the SSE Airtricity Soccer Writers' Association of Ireland and pointed out that at the time of said vote, Rice was still an Irish international.

In the statement, the FAI said this outcome "maintains the integrity of the voting process." They confirmed that Rice would not be in Dublin to collect his award.

"At the time of the vote, Declan Rice was an Ireland international and qualified for the Young Player category in a year that saw him win three senior caps, all in '3' International Friendly games.

"Declan Rice has since opted to switch his allegiance to England. The FAI has completed his international transfer via the FIFA protocols and wishes him well in the future.

"This award maintains the integrity of the voting process in conjunction with the Soccer Writers' Association of Ireland and the FAI thanks the jury members for their decisions relating to the awards.

"Declan Rice will not be in Dublin for the '3' FAI International Awards ceremony."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU