Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 9076421 times)

bogball88

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #45615 on: August 02, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »
Seen fintona play against brocagh at the weekend, handy side, mc glinn in full back a solid player. A fintona man was telling me that mc glinn is moving to Dublin for work next year and intends to try his hand at playing for a top team in Dublin, be a big miss for them.
Paul Martin finished?

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45616 on: August 02, 2022, 04:23:23 PM »
Seen fintona play against brocagh at the weekend, handy side, mc glinn in full back a solid player. A fintona man was telling me that mc glinn is moving to Dublin for work next year and intends to try his hand at playing for a top team in Dublin, be a big miss for them.
Paul Martin finished?

There's two McGlinn brothers on the team, Mark at the full back line & Peter at the full forward line. Mark moved from midfield last year and has settled well in there - first I've heard about him moving club, if he is then good luck to him but I remember the rumour on this forum last year about him heading to Dromore!

Paul Martin's been playing for the reserves this year. I think previous injuries have caught up with him plus other factors mean he hasn't the same time to dedicate to football as much. He went off in a reserve game vs. Drumragh where it was thought he suffered a injury on his right foot but thankfully it wasn't too bad as I seen him driving the next day!

Connor McGillion was also originally thought to be badly hurt after an accidental clash in the league game vs Donaghmore IIIs a month ago, again thankfully it wasn't too serious and he came on as a sub against Clann na nGael last Friday night.

I guess to add about our boys as well is that we've been one of the few clubs in Tyrone that hasn't really been affected much by players going abroad this summer.
"...if all the people you meet in a day are d**kheads, then maybe it's you that's the d**khead?"

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #45617 on: August 02, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »
Paul Martin finished?

There's two McGlinn brothers on the team, Mark at the full back line & Peter at the full forward line. Mark moved from midfield last year and has settled well in there - first I've heard about him moving club, if he is then good luck to him but I remember the rumour on this forum last year about him heading to Dromore!

Paul Martin's been playing for the reserves this year. I think previous injuries have caught up with him plus other factors mean he hasn't the same time to dedicate to football as much. He went off in a reserve game vs. Drumragh where it was thought he suffered a injury on his right foot but thankfully it wasn't too bad as I seen him driving the next day!

Connor McGillion was also originally thought to be badly hurt after an accidental clash in the league game vs Donaghmore IIIs a month ago, again thankfully it wasn't too serious and he came on as a sub against Clann na nGael last Friday night.

I guess to add about our boys as well is that we've been one of the few clubs in Tyrone that hasn't really been affected much by players going abroad this summer.
Whatever happened the two McCanns and Aaron McCarney-surely still something to offer?

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45618 on: August 02, 2022, 09:03:07 PM »
Whatever happened the two McCanns and Aaron McCarney-surely still something to offer?

Cillian McCann simply lost interest in football and gave it up, is away from Fintona now & he's more into surfing these days. Elder brother Connor has been living in Australia for the last several years. Aaron McCarney has also been out in Australia for the last several years but is due to come home later this year, he was home for a short while in May/June and came on as a sub for a couple of reserve & senior games. I don't think he'll be back for the rest of the playing year, though.
"...if all the people you meet in a day are d**kheads, then maybe it's you that's the d**khead?"

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45619 on: August 03, 2022, 09:39:12 AM »
Two years ago I callled Fintona the worst serious team in the county, ie a non thirds team. Can't help but feel that the players took this to heart and really knuckled down since. You're welcome. I will send in my invoice like Seanie Meyler motivational speaking

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45620 on: August 03, 2022, 05:32:20 PM »
Must say that Stephen O'Neill was playing against us in the reserve league last Friday night and from this performance he could certainly be useful IMO still as an effective sub for the Clan na nGael seniors if they aren't already doing that. Even at 41 he's still got a deft touch with the ball, scored a couple of nice dead ball points against us.

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45621 on: August 03, 2022, 05:48:22 PM »
Two years ago I callled Fintona the worst serious team in the county, ie a non thirds team.

Two years ago we arguably were, even allowing for the upheaval for the pandemic of the time. No wins out of seven league games and a whimpering exit in the JFC.
Last season in a 15 team league IMO the main aim was to finish in the top ten - we finished 9th so it was small progress.
This season with 18 teams and with four teams down from intermediate playing among us, finishing in the top half would have been my pre-season aim. If we beat Derrytresk we've definitely done this and hopefully we'll keep enough of our form going for a top six finish. As for the JFC, we'll see what happens but it's between Strabane, Stewartstown & Aghaloo IMO whom are just a cut above everyone else.
As for next season, I'd expect Conor McGillion to be in the county U20 football panel so there might be an effect on the club league depending how things go. We'll also be able to add Tiernan Donnelly & Tom Papgav to the squad as they're now in their last year at U17.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #45622 on: August 03, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »
By the looks of how their going you will beat Derrytresk 😃

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45623 on: August 03, 2022, 06:13:55 PM »
By the looks of how their going you will beat Derrytresk
Game's been switched to tomorrow night (senior only) but hasn't been updated on the county site yet, if anyone in that part of the county fancies killing an evening!  8)

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #45624 on: August 03, 2022, 09:14:14 PM »
i think the chicago gaa have been live streaming games on youtube.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45625 on: August 05, 2022, 10:37:52 PM »
Dungannon really impressive results lately. Big margin win over Greencastle tonight whom have been defensively sound.

Moonshine

• View Profile
« Reply #45626 on: August 05, 2022, 10:49:49 PM »
Dungannon really impressive results lately. Big margin win over Greencastle tonight whom have been defensively sound.

Dungannon are a very good side. Are they not missing men aswell. Championship anybody could win. Some cracking first round ties await
Dromore v killyclogher
Dungannon v trillick
Coalisland v carrickmore

The way the league has went in recent weeks you would be edging towards Coalisland, Dungannon, Killyclogher

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #45627 on: August 05, 2022, 11:20:13 PM »
Great win for our lads against Gortin who are on a great run of form in what was a hostile environment. And a great performance in memory of the late Noel Tracey. Well done all.

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #45628 on: August 05, 2022, 11:32:38 PM »
Great win for our lads against Gortin who are on a great run of form in what was a hostile environment. And a great performance in memory of the late Noel Tracey. Well done all.

Two very impressive results away from home from the tones. They done Noel proud this evening for sure. Looks like we gave them the kick up hole they needed  ;)

TyroneOnlooker

• View Profile
« Reply #45629 on: August 05, 2022, 11:41:40 PM »
Always a hostile atmosphere in Gortin. And usually a few digs too.
Dungannon going rightly with a lot of men in states. Moortown get another good draw. Holding their own.
Championship is going to be powerful.