Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Quote from: clarshack on October 17, 2022, 11:20:03 AM
out of all the people at the ground the umpire at that far post was in the best position to make the decision whether it was a point or wide, and when you watch it again he was quite sure in his decision.
I don't agree, he was looking directly into the lights, the linesman was right behind it and cud see perfectly. Either way that's football, Dromore done themselves proud and will be back. Honestly can't see past Errigal for the title now but you never know. Game was played on a good spirit and both teams came to play football which was refreshing, thought the game was a very high standard given the conditions. Tyrone are in a good place with the Canavans and Emmett
McNabb to call on for their forward line

clarshack

Quote from: PMG1 on October 17, 2022, 11:30:44 AM
out of all the people at the ground the umpire at that far post was in the best position to make the decision whether it was a point or wide, and when you watch it again he was quite sure in his decision.
I don't agree, he was looking directly into the lights, the linesman was right behind it and cud see perfectly. Either way that's football, Dromore done themselves proud and will be back. Honestly can't see past Errigal for the title now but you never know. Game was played on a good spirit and both teams came to play football which was refreshing, thought the game was a very high standard given the conditions. Tyrone are in a good place with the Canavans and Emmett

I guess without Hawkeye it will always be debatable, but you're correct in that it was a very high standard game and Dromore fought to the very end trying to defend their title, which made it great viewing for the neutral.

WT4E

Thought it looked like Dromore where intentionally leaving a bit on R Canavan any chance they got early on.... almost like instructed to maybe?

Onthe40

Emmett McNabb & Dara Canavan are a treat to watch,, basically unmarkable at club level... so elusive and so ittle back lift required to kick a point

Dark_Arts_Master

Quote from: WT4E on October 17, 2022, 01:09:57 PM

Thought it looked like Dromore where intentionally leaving a bit on R Canavan any chance they got early on.... almost like instructed to maybe?

What kind of manager would Ricey be if he didn't get them to play on the edge like he did

Quarterbackk

What do you expect Dromore to do - Stand back and let them at it. Did you watch the treatment Shane Walsh got in the Dublin Final

Under Lights

I see Moy v Clonoe and Fintona v Glenelly playoff games are on this Saturday

square_ball

Saturday week on 29th. I assume they'll all be on but just waiting on the line up before finalising Div 2 and Div 3 play offs.

breakingball78

Quote from: Under Lights on October 17, 2022, 09:53:08 PM
I see Moy v Clonoe and Fintona v Glenelly playoff games are on this Saturday

Not this weekend but next weekend Saturday the 29th October I believe.

WT4E

Quote from: Quarterbackk on October 17, 2022, 03:02:20 PM

What do you expect Dromore to do - Stand back and let them at it. Did you watch the treatment Shane Walsh got in the Dublin Final

I was referencing the comments
Played in a good spirit
Both game to play football.

It wasn't an overally dirty game but I just noticed that it seemed the 20 year old came in for some extra attention..if that's what's expected these days ... carry on lads.

To be fair to the lad he seemed to handle it well.

And In reference to shane walsh.... I did see that too. Maybe the undercurrent to that one was slightly different. Doesn't make it right though.

TirEoghainGael

Just thinking of errigal. That point given from D. Canavan was definitely wide from my view.
P. Teague probably best player in the pitch and I still can't believe D&L played him at corner back against Armagh. Should be a shoe in for wing back for the county. Thought young Mcgarrity was excellent against Clonoe but the rest of their forward line was lackluster. If he plays that well agaisnt errigal their ulster club could be in jeopardy.

Moonshine

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 18, 2022, 03:55:01 AM
Just thinking of errigal. That point given from D. Canavan was definitely wide from my view.
P. Teague probably best player in the pitch and I still can't believe D&L played him at corner back against Armagh. Should be a shoe in for wing back for the county. Thought young Mcgarrity was excellent against Clonoe but the rest of their forward line was lackluster. If he plays that well agaisnt errigal their ulster club could be in jeopardy.

Such tripe talking about ulster clubs again. Both Errigal and Carrickmore would be more than happy with a tyrone title. As for the was it wasn't it a point the view to know whether it was a point or not was the umpire. It evens it self out over course of game as their was one in first half that wasn't given when it was over. Teague good footballer he was hung out to dry against armagh. Have to say I was very impressed Sunday with mc carron the full back for dromore. To me he is county standard

Tyrone Gaa

Looked wide to me. But I had the same TV camera angle that everyone else had. On TV it was said that the sideline official attempted to over rule the umpire that I believe was Paddy Grimes? The positioning of the umpire was fantastic. So I think we have to give him the benefit of all doubt, without conclusive evidence to say otherwise.
Living the dream!!!

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: Moonshine on October 18, 2022, 06:38:18 AM

Such tripe talking about ulster clubs again. Both Errigal and Carrickmore would be more than happy with a tyrone title. As for the was it wasn't it a point the view to know whether it was a point or not was the umpire. It evens it self out over course of game as their was one in first half that wasn't given when it was over. Teague good footballer he was hung out to dry against armagh. Have to say I was very impressed Sunday with mc carron the full back for dromore. To me he is county standard
Can we not talk of a great team and their potential? Errigal the best squad on paper in ulster by my eyes so sureley worth talking about.

God14

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 18, 2022, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on October 18, 2022, 06:38:18 AM

Can we not talk of a great team and their potential? Errigal the best squad on paper in ulster by my eyes so sureley worth talking about.

how have they the best squad in paper in Ulster?? thats a very lazy statement. Peter Harte & the Canavans are excellent yes, but there is some serious drop off afterwards.