Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Things are very hush, hush around the county panel.

Is McKenna the only addition?

I see Canavan is available for the u20s this weekend.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

I don't even know if McKenna is with/how long he's been with the county panel as he didn't even tog out for Eglish in the league final.

Panel is the same bar a few whispers of who might be coming in for Cavanagh. Tyrone I think maybe actually had to cut a few players because you can only have 32 now?

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 13, 2020, 11:42:04 AM
I don't even know if McKenna is with/how long he's been with the county panel as he didn't even tog out for Eglish in the league final.

Panel is the same bar a few whispers of who might be coming in for Cavanagh. Tyrone I think maybe actually had to cut a few players because you can only have 32 now?

I don't think Tyrone carry that big of a panel in any case?

We had a few guys drop themselves off the panel early doors this year.

McKenna is back in and has trained from what I have heard but I didn't hear anyhing else.

Bound to be a few guys carrying injuries too who may not be involved this year.

square_ball

Sean Cavanagh having a whinge in the Irish independent today about Colm not getting a public thank you from the county board. Is that a thing they do? Not sure what they were expecting?

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2020, 09:09:17 AM
Sean Cavanagh having a whinge in the Irish independent today about Colm not getting a public thank you from the county board. Is that a thing they do? Not sure what they were expecting?

Sean is hard listen to these days, sadly.

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on October 16, 2020, 09:26:34 AM

Yeah he makes the Sunday Game unwatchable when he is on.

Looking forward to this weekends matches. Will mickey throw McKenna straight in or leave him to 1st November? You would think both teams would be going with fairly strong teams to blow the cobwebs off.

Snapchap

I see he uas also come out with the claim that "players will be encouraged to hide potential symptoms of sickness and illness". What a load of utter dung.

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2020, 09:32:39 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 16, 2020, 09:26:34 AM

Yeah he makes the Sunday Game unwatchable when he is on.

Looking forward to this weekends matches. Will mickey throw McKenna straight in or leave him to 1st November? You would think both teams would be going with fairly strong teams to blow the cobwebs off.

It will be interesting.

All camps seem to keeping things very hush, hush. No word on any new faces other than McKenna.

Not too sure on the injury front but pretty much all the regulars were fit and available for their clubs during club championship.

I forget what way the table was but I think we need a win from one of our last two games to keep us up?

Two defeats would likely relegate us if Mayo win a the weekend?

GetOverTheBar

Cavanagh would be better keeping quiet. Makes a mockery of himself, ruins what was an exceptional footballing career.

Angelo

As a matter of interest how do wee us lining out for Donegal in Championship?

I would say if we have all fit and available, bar McShane.

1. Morgan
2. Rafferty
3. McNamee
4. Brennan

5. McCann
6. Hampsey
7. Burns
8. R Donnelly
9. Kennedy
10. Mattie
11. Sludden

12. McKenna
13. McCurry
14. Harte

15. McGeary

The players in bold I would say are guaranteed starters if fit and available given their standing/league form.

I'd throw McKenna straigh back in for Championship, the more football he plays at this point the better. I don't think anyone is overly invested in this year, it's probably more of a bridge to next season.

God14

Potentially a brilliant weekend of football ahead, but the county boards etc haven't done much to promote the games. Still no team or squad news

Reality is as there is no gate money they ain't bothered.

Normally it's nice to come in under the radar, but I think on this occasion whoever wins the league match will also be victorious in the championship in a fortnight's time

square_ball

Probably wouldn't be far away with that lineup. I would love to see Bradley get a spot but it's probably between him and McCurry. Richie Donnelly looked injured during trillicks run. He was more or less on one leg in the semi final. Hampsey I thought was poor in Coalislands run and there may be fitness issues there but would still be expecting him to be a starter. Not sure if he'd be able for Murphy though?

Angelo

Quote from: God14 on October 16, 2020, 10:22:47 AM
Potentially a brilliant weekend of football ahead, but the county boards etc haven't done much to promote the games. Still no team or squad news

I'd also imagine that Covid could drastically alter a teamsheet if someone felt unwell shortly before a game.

There has been very little word on movement in the big senior squads. Considering our u20s added 7 new players I find it surprising we might only have McKenna back particularly off the back of a club championship where there were a lot of impressive performers currently outside the county panel.

Donegal have been involved in a number of challenge matches of late so I'd say they will be that bit sharper.

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2020, 10:24:40 AM
Probably wouldn't be far away with that lineup. I would love to see Bradley get a spot but it's probably between him and McCurry. Richie Donnelly looked injured during trillicks run. He was more or less on one leg in the semi final. Hampsey I thought was poor in Coalislands run and there may be fitness issues there but would still be expecting him to be a starter. Not sure if he'd be able for Murphy though?

Hampsey's form is a worry, he hasn't been right since 2018 but we really the kind of phsyical presence he brings to our defence without him there. Thought R Donnelly had a good semi final after departing with an injury against Killyclogher. Unfortunately it's either Bradley or McCurry for me and I think McCurry brings that bit extra scoring power.

Ideally I'd like to see us have a target man in that full forward line but Harte will have to do. Could potentially try someone like C McCann in there for one of the league games and see how he goes.

I'm probably more looking forward to the u20 game this weekend, I think we have some real quality in that forward line and it's great Canavan is going to be available.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on October 16, 2020, 10:30:23 AM
Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2020, 10:24:40 AM

Hampsey's form is a worry, he hasn't been right since 2018 but we really the kind of phsyical presence he brings to our defence without him there. Thought R Donnelly had a good semi final after departing with an injury against Killyclogher. Unfortunately it's either Bradley or McCurry for me and I think McCurry brings that bit extra scoring power.

Ideally I'd like to see us have a target man in that full forward line but Harte will have to do. Could potentially try someone like C McCann in there for one of the league games and see how he goes.

I'm probably more looking forward to the u20 game this weekend, I think we have some real quality in that forward line and it's great Canavan is going to be available.

I'd have both start on any Tyrone team long before Niall Sludden.