Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2015, 11:26:00 PM
Quote from: Bingo on December 14, 2015, 11:23:13 PM
NO ONE WAS CELEBRATING A DRAW

Hopefully that will sink in now

Nope they held hands in a link and embarrassingly celebrated a draw.... If you think otherwise then fine.... If Utd,Arsenal Chelsea or any other decent team did same id have same view...WISE UP
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Comes round goes round... The same people who are giving plausible reasons for it would be sniggering and guffawing had some other team done it.

gawa316

J70

Quote from: Boycey on December 14, 2015, 11:32:28 PM

Comes round goes round... The same people who are giving plausible reasons for it would be sniggering and guffawing had some other team done it.

Of course they would. Wouldn't necessarily them right though, just hypocritical football fans.

We all excuse and rationalize when it's our own side and condemn and gloat when it's the other.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2015, 01:15:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 14, 2015, 12:48:21 PM
I would be very interested to see a chart of Liverpool supporters by age in Ireland. I bet there are fewer under the age of 30.

Fewer than what? Fewer than over 30? I'd say you are right. And I'd say there's more Man City and Chelsea fans under 30 than over 30. That's hardly rocket science.

That said, I've been surprised how many young lads are Liverpool fans. I think it's the Dad influence. They'll have to win something soon or they'll all go support Man City or someone like that.

If Liverpool dont win anything for the next 30 years  you would expect them to fall away in terms of Irish support.  And supporting Liverpool is as Irish as brown soda bread.

DuffleKing

If you're from Sandy Row.

Everton are the Catholic team on Merseyside

deiseach

No wonder Liverpool are so attractive to those Lutheran Norwegians.

muppet

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 15, 2015, 12:50:04 PM

If you're from Sandy Row.

Everton are the Catholic team on Merseyside

It must have been tough for them watching Ronnie Whelan lifting all those trophies.
MWWSI 2017

Maroon Manc

Quote from: annapr on December 14, 2015, 08:27:12 AM
Quote from: Quagmire on December 13, 2015, 11:57:38 PM
There's alot more interaction with the crowd and players after matches in Germany though, it's pretty commonplace to see things like that going on. There was a clip on Twitter earlier of the Dortmund team in a line like Liverpool in front of their support and the whole place singing Jingle Bells after their match!
I think this more or less is it on a nutshell.
It may have seen a tad odd to us but what you said is correct.
He said himself after the game he was thanking them for the atmosphere and not celebrating the result.
He has been critical of the Anfield atmosphere in his first few games so IMO yesterday was a smart move,it may seem unconventional to us but that's just the Klopp way.

Of course fans of other clubs(or one club in particular)are going to jump all over it and have a laugh,but it's just a way to mask how shite their own team may be doing atm.

So delusional

J70

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 15, 2015, 01:33:47 PM
There's alot more interaction with the crowd and players after matches in Germany though, it's pretty commonplace to see things like that going on. There was a clip on Twitter earlier of the Dortmund team in a line like Liverpool in front of their support and the whole place singing Jingle Bells after their match!
He said himself after the game he was thanking them for the atmosphere and not celebrating the result.
He has been critical of the Anfield atmosphere in his first few games so IMO yesterday was a smart move,it may seem unconventional to us but that's just the Klopp way.

Of course fans of other clubs(or one club in particular)are going to jump all over it and have a laugh,but it's just a way to mask how shite their own team may be doing atm.

So delusional

That remains  to be seen. Anfield is dead on a lot of days, just like OT. If Klopp's moves, unorthodox and, obviously, risky, help instill a bit of atmosphere, no one will give a f**k what other teams fans say. Perhaps van Gaal could do with finding a bit of passion.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2015, 01:55:19 PM

So delusional

That remains  to be seen. Anfield is dead on a lot of days, just like OT. If Klopp's moves, unorthodox and, obviously, risky, help instill a bit of atmosphere, no one will give a f**k what other teams fans say. Perhaps van Gaal could do with finding a bit of passion.

Delusional in the fact that if LVG did that he'd be hammering him for it.

I like Klopp and what he did wasn't risky because the fans are all on his side at the moment, as for atmosphere I don't know what the average age of a ST holder is at Anfield but its over 50 now at OT, think it was about 35 back in the early 90's. Its very to hard to generate an atmosphere sitting down too, safe standing is one of the reasons why the atmosphere is so good in Germany. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 15, 2015, 02:20:45 PM

So delusional

I like Klopp and what he did wasn't risky because the fans are all on his side at the moment, as for atmosphere I don't know what the average age of a ST holder is at Anfield but its over 50 now at OT, think it was about 35 back in the early 90's. Its very to hard to generate an atmosphere sitting down too, safe standing is one of the reasons why the atmosphere is so good in Germany.

I would say a lot of that has to do with the huge increase in ticket prices.
Younger lads just aren't able to afford the current ST prices at the big PL clubs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Maroon Manc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 15, 2015, 02:24:40 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 15, 2015, 02:20:45 PM

So delusional

I would say a lot of that has to do with the huge increase in ticket prices.
Younger lads just aren't able to afford the current ST prices at the big PL clubs

It certainly plays its part but the lack of an atmosphere is a huge reason why many I know don't go, sitting down next to people you don't know and constantly been told to sit down by a steward became a chore. There's plenty who'll go away watching United but don't go to home games, I assume its the same at Liverpool.

There's people who go to watch United these days who weren't interested in football 20 years ago, seems a ST has become some sort of fashion accessory.

Captain Obvious

Wasn't it suggested to return standing sections in Premier league grounds? It would be one way of improving atmospheres at grounds such as Anfield.