The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Bronco on September 17, 2020, 01:31:25 PM
Gomez is not a competent defender for a top 6 club. He makes mistakes far too often. Lovren,for all his flaws, was much better than Gomez ever will be.

Uh-huh.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2020, 01:29:38 PM
I would prefer Fab as Defensive MF. I am simply saying as a 4th Choice CB, if needed. VVD, Gomez and Matip are all excellent. I think it would be difficult to find someone to do what Lovren did last season so improvise

Last resort though.

Maybe Klopp still has Steven Caulker's number. :P

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2020, 01:55:17 PM
I would prefer Fab as Defensive MF. I am simply saying as a 4th Choice CB, if needed. VVD, Gomez and Matip are all excellent. I think it would be difficult to find someone to do what Lovren did last season so improvise

Last resort though.

Maybe,  that would send auld Bronco over the edge....

square_ball

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2020, 01:56:12 PM

Last resort though.

And Caulker could provide cover for Firmino as well so win win.

Fabinho is as good as there is in his position. Liverpool hard to stop this year.

lurganblue

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2020, 12:37:13 PM
Excellent signing. The ridiculous thing is we have signed a world class player, at his peak, from one of the biggest clubs in the world and current CL holders....for £20m!  We were that club for years....being picked off by Barca or Madrid....If we can keep Gini for this season you could see Fabinho covering the 4th CB spot as needed. Gini goes for free end of next season and we invest in a top class CB.

Maybe get some money in for Wilson and Gruijic to buy another WF....Sarr is the name being touted. Think he'll be the late in the window deal

That's a top signing for Liverpool. If Gini stays who is the starting midfield 3?

quit yo jibbajabba

Some tough choices to be made but klopps the boyo paid to make them. Plenty of opportunity for rotation and formation change and more strength in depth than ever before. As each day passes Oxlade looking like the big loser at the moment...esp with Jones emergence

Bronco

I am in no danger of going over the edge as a result of anything Liverpool football club do. Thank you for your concern though.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2020, 01:56:12 PM

Last resort though.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2020, 01:52:20 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 17, 2020, 01:31:25 PM
Gomez is not a competent defender for a top 6 club. He makes mistakes far too often. Lovren,for all his flaws, was much better than Gomez ever will be.

Uh-huh.

Please don't

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Bronco on September 17, 2020, 12:43:59 PM
Fabinho isn't up to it at centre back,or midfield for that matter. His main talents seem to be getting away with persistent fouling and falling over to win soft fouls.

I've never read as much shite in my life

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 17, 2020, 02:43:03 PM
Fabinho isn't up to it at centre back,or midfield for that matter. His main talents seem to be getting away with persistent fouling and falling over to win soft fouls.

Are you sure about that?

Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 04:18:15 PM
I have a 5 yr old niece who could probably do as well as Klopp. I'm not sure if she has her coaching badges though.

Bronco

Good to know you disagree,although I don't think there was any need to be rude about it.

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 17, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Aughafad